Vuelta stage 11 *spoiler*

123457»

Comments

• dompoz0509.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur wrote:

Pozzo:
    035-PIC393575833.jpg

Is he on normal road bike, just with TT bars and a disc wheel?

Looks that way to me, and the interview he did after the stage would seem to suggest so:

"After I passed the top of the climb, I was told that I had a good time but I didn’t know it was the best time. It’s also due to a choice of bicycle, made purposely to perform uphill. In the windy downhill section, there was no way I could ride as fast as Fabian Cancellara but this result is a huge satisfaction for me."

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/15401/Domenico-Pozzovivo-Ive-done-the-time-trial-of-my-life-and-it-motivates-me-for-the-rest-of-the-Vuelta.aspx

Edit: Definitely looks like the Izalco Team SL:

Focus-Izalco-Team-SL-Ag2r-Team-Replica.jpg
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Pozzo 3rd in a TT behind two of the three best in the world? This race is getting stranger by the day (yes, I know there was a climb but it wasn't huge and there was a long descent).

WTF is wrong with Henao? I thought he'd have been in contention for the stage on Monday and he should be at least contending with Roche / Pozzo / Horner etc., he hasn't been over-raced lately either.
    The commentator on eurosport was incredulous at Possivivo' showing. I think he would have liked to have said surely he's had some "help" :wink:

I like Pozzo but that performance caused a raised eyebrow in my house TBH.

I think the great Wedding Disco DJ; Carlton Kirby did mention something in the line of Pozzo having at least 2 Shredded Wheat this morning which is blatantly a direct assumption that Pozzo is up to something and to be honest; that's what I felt it looked like to me. Crazy days!!

Is there some stuff kicking about which will give a rider a Great Day; like a one shot wonder? I think Horner got dropped the other day on a climb and the next he's almost a minute up. Does make me wonder but it's a fun way to race which keeps us guessing. Better than the metronomic days of LA where the time gaps by the GC riders would be the same on each Mountain top finish making the racing predictable.

Was Calton in a bad mood today as he kept on about the riders not pedalling right or moving on the bike? Think he needed that extra Shredded Wheat himself today. I don't mind Sean saying stuff about the rider's style but as Calton is an Amateur then really he should respect the riders a bit more. Cadence is an individual thing anyhow and some riders just look cr@p on a bike; as long as the watts are coming out then it's all good.
    I think doping is less prelivent now and showings like Horners are perhaps indicative of cleanliness, can turn in an outstanding performance one day but knackered the next.
    I know it wasn't a typical TT but Pozzo excelled in a dicipline he's not noted for and that where my suspicion is seated.

For Horner's "good days"; by saying he has good days and bad reminds me of a certain Tour de France.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-b9Tp2591R-ph6rn0mjV74vnvxJDZVAfLn7ficw1GblGk7NBV
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil