Tour of Poland 2013 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    This is a god awful race.

Gotta agree. What with the stupid bonus secs thing - what the fark is the point in giving points for ''attractivity' - terrible coverage from the host broadcaster for whom timings appear to be negotiable;' 240k stage ending in a crit - rinse and repeat'...I just cant get up any enthusiasm for this race whatsoever

Looking forward to Sunday's London Classic a lot more

This sort of nonsense doesn't happen at the Eneco Tour! :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Would you like to be President of the UCI? I believe the Tonga's Cycling Federation might back your candidacy
    Curling Tonga might have something to say about that.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • It's exciting the way the Eurposport highlights don't show you the time gap between Usziesta (lead group - sorry my Polish isn't good) and the Peloton until there's 3k to go. :roll:

And then even more exciting when they seem unable to show you the GC standings at the end of the programme.

Carlton says thet they've spoken to the race organizers about this in a "forthright" manner, but to no avail.

PS - is this race classed as a chipper? Seems like quite a heavyweight lineup. What determines a "chipper"?
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    It's exciting the way the Eurposport highlights don't show you the time gap between Usziesta (lead group - sorry my Polish isn't good) and the Peloton until there's 3k to go. :roll:

And then even more exciting when they seem unable to show you the GC standings at the end of the programme.

Carlton says thet they've spoken to the race organizers about this in a "forthright" manner, but to no avail.

PS - is this race classed as a chipper? Seems like quite a heavyweight lineup. What determines a "chipper"?

Iain!
  • Macaloon
    Accidentally heard a late night 5Live sports bulletin last night seemingly written by UKcycling expert:

"Sir BW remains off the pace after stage 3 of the Tour of Poland. He is 23 mins behind the leader in 69th position" (or whatever real numbers are). Exotic performers may not even lift this edition into the chip pan.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    It's exciting the way the Eurposport highlights don't show you the time gap between Usziesta (lead group - sorry my Polish isn't good) and the Peloton until there's 3k to go. :roll:

Peleton* :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: BR corrected my misspelt pel-e-ton to the correct spelling!
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:
    Accidentally heard a late night 5Live sports bulletin last night seemingly written by UKcycling expert:

"Sir BW remains off the pace after stage 3 of the Tour of Poland. He is 23 mins behind the leader in 69th position" (or whatever real numbers are). Exotic performers may not even lift this edition into the chip pan.

UKCyclingexpert also appears to wrting for AP whose 'race reports' (I use that term advisedly) are syndicated across many media and news outlets, including the likes of VeloNews. The Beeb must take them - they're clearly not written by anyone who understands whats actually happening.
  • Macaloon
    8 mins of live coverage and he hasn't taken a breath yet. It's a vagina monologue.
  • jtomes1993
    jtomes1993 Posts: 73
    Does anyone know how far there is to go, or have a live ticker which might tell me?

This idea of not showing the km's to go or time gaps is absurd

What next, employing a commentator who can't tell riders apart?
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    30k to go, 1.05 ahead.

How can CCC be so ORANGE when Euskatel are just orange?
  • Macaloon
    Phinney tries a Fabian. 13s gap, 5kms to go.
  • jtomes1993
    Phinney going for it. . Go on lad!
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Nice one Phinney. Worth watching that one!
  • jtomes1993
    THAT

WAS

CLASS
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Brilliance.
  • Give me more
    Give me more Posts: 487
    Cracking final 8k from Phinney
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Very strong to hold them off at that pace.
  • Macaloon
    Corking finish. Phinney by not much at all from the bunch. Good watch.
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    Heavyweight!!!!
  • sbbefc
    sbbefc Posts: 189
    Quality
  • rickyrider
    rickyrider Posts: 294
    Sounds like the highlights might finally be worth watching!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Steele von Hoff second two days on the run - he now leads in the points competition.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Taylor the man...what a good ride
  • Richmond Racer
    That. Was. Good.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Can't wait to see his strava file
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    BMC can't stop winning!
  • Richmond Racer
    afx237vi wrote:
    BMC can't stop winning!

Of course all of this stems from the castigation I gave their Tour performance, very loudly in a street in Paris, with Pip and Tejay walking behind me.

I am THE MOTIVATOR
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    How many people of a certain age thought "Jelle Nidjam"?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Really enjoyed that last 8km - well done TP for waking up a fairly slumbering TdP.