Tour of Poland 2013 **SPOILERS**

167891012»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think I've won the PTP Tour of Poland which must be the biggest upset of the season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Whatever happened to that HumanPlasma thing?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,556
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think I've won the PTP Tour of Poland which must be the biggest upset of the season.

In PTP terms....it's a chipper, but not picking Wiggins or Nibali for this was a smart move.
  • Two things - what the f*ck is wrong with the eurosport player? Trying to watch their highlights now and whilst every other channel is fine, the cycling coverage sound is completely borked - I guess at least I have pictures which is more than they managed for the previous six days.

Second - Wiggins seems to have put on a chunk of weight in his pursuit of the ITT WC title... he almost looks healthy :)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Almost the whole top 10 of GC finishing high up in the TT. And that for a bunch of climbers

Majka's result means that Belgium loses its 9 rider status for the Worlds (a first?) to Poland.
  • Two things - what the f*ck is wrong with the eurosport player? Trying to watch their highlights now and whilst every other channel is fine, the cycling coverage sound is completely borked - I guess at least I have pictures which is more than they managed for the previous six days.

Second - Wiggins seems to have put on a chunk of weight in his pursuit of the ITT WC title... he almost looks healthy :)
    Yep, he definitely looks more like 'Track Wiggo" again, rather than 'GT Wiggo'.

Would love to see him have a crack at the Classics next season, especially PR. He and Stannard (plus Thomas, if he can stay upright next year) could make a pretty formidable core of a team for Sky - assuming they focus a bit more on tactics and race-craft, rather than bashing up an down Mt Teide...
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,556
    Can't see myself, but then I couldn't see Wiggins winning anything more than a prologue when he turned pro, so I could easily be wrong.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Great to see Wiggins on form, shamed they didn't have much footage, the bit where he rolls off the line looked like it was on an 80's camcorder... What were all those inflatable things about?!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Rocking around the race losing packets then beating 2nd place in the ITT by 56 secs. Ok. Tony Martin for the Worlds ITT win please.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Phinney's data from his win:
    488w (509 NP) for 10min. 52.4 kph. 1st 20sec 940w, 1st min: 640w, 1st 2 min: 574w 1st 5min: 500w, Cadence: 101
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,169
    Rocking around the race losing packets then beating 2nd place in the ITT by 56 secs. Ok. Tony Martin for the Worlds ITT win please.

Rocking around the race? He was playing a team role and put in a lot of effort for Henao. Hardly a surprise that he managed a great TT result when he has been training specifically for a TT though is it?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    488w (509 NP) for 10min. 52.4 kph. 1st 20sec 940w, 1st min: 640w, 1st 2 min: 574w 1st 5min: 500w, Cadence: 101
    Phinney's win was pretty exciting to be fair, the camera possibly made them look closer than they were, how much did he win by? The peloton spinning out in their highest gear to catch him was one of my favourite bits.
  • kamil1891
    kamil1891 Posts: 658
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Phinney's win was pretty exciting to be fair, the camera possibly made them look closer than they were, how much did he win by? The peloton spinning out in their highest gear to catch him was one of my favourite bits.

It was a great performance from Phinney. It was so dramatic, reminded me of the win by Keisse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ru3vGR8nck amazing!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Pross wrote:

Rocking around the race? He was playing a team role and put in a lot of effort for Henao. Hardly a surprise that he managed a great TT result when he has been training specifically for a TT though is it?

hardly a surprise when he's been the best tt'er in the world for the past two years more like
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

:lol:

You're a wee gem you.

:lol:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199

Ha Ha Ha. :roll: