le-tour-france-2013-stage-20130718-161040-444.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Alan A wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    So just to clarify why is it illegal to take foord/water like that?
    Sky also did illegal feed on Ventoux with soigneurs on rhs of road half way up climb. 2 mins later was CF's first attack.
    It wasn’t illegal. Race radio told all teams they could exceptionally feed their riders inside the final 10 km because the pace had been so high all day. Sky had the wherewithal to do that – the others missed that opportunity. I don’t know how Sky put a guy with musettes 10 km from the finish line in such short order, but that’s one reason their man is winning.

Thank you for correcting. I was unaware of this info.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    That knee does not look good...
    le-tour-france-2013-stage-20130718-164435-654.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    That knee was alright yesterday..
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    The knee was alright today. Saxo made some mistakes, but in the end it just wasn't there for AC was it? Once again he was holding onto the coat tails of Kreuziger and could deliver nothing more for himself. His performance yesterday was very good. It seems he's lacking endurance for the longer tougher stages.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    He should treat like he would a black eye and rub some steak on it.
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    The knee was alright today. Saxo made some mistakes, but in the end it just wasn't there for AC was it? Once again he was holding onto the coat tails of Kreuziger and could deliver nothing more for himself. His performance yesterday was very good. It seems he's lacking endurance for the longer tougher stages.

AC is holding Kreuziger back on this tour.
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    I wonder if Porte will suffer tomorrow for his efforts today like he did on stage 9.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    This is an awesome photo. Thanks for posting it FF.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    +1^
  • That was super. An emotional and well deserved finish.

J-Rod looked great and must be a good shout for Stage 20 on that form.

Really hope Dan (ny Boy) Martin was saving himself for tomorrow - looks ideal for him. Proper rider prepared to sacrifice the mundanity of a top 10 GC for 2 thrilling stage wins (unlike his cuz). Well either that or he just had a cr*p day.
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • fleshtuxedo
    That was super. An emotional and well deserved finish.

J-Rod looked great and must be a good shout for Stage 20 on that form.

Really hope Dan (ny Boy) Martin was saving himself for tomorrow - looks ideal for him. Proper rider prepared to sacrifice the mundanity of a top 10 GC for 2 thrilling stage wins (unlike his cuz). Well either that or he just had a cr*p day.

I hope he was saving himself but he was struggling right from the first climb - it didnt look like deliberately held back im afraid.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    DeadCalm wrote:
    This is an awesome photo. Thanks for posting it FF.

Yep awesome photo, although apart form the expression he doesn't look like someone thats just cycled over 100 miles at all does he?

Compare him to say Laurens Ten Dam who would be slobbering all over the place after walking to the shops for some milk!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DeadCalm
    goonz wrote:
    Yep awesome photo, although apart form the expression he doesn't look like someone thats just cycled over 100 miles at all does he?

Compare him to say Laurens Ten Dam who would be slobbering all over the place after walking to the shops for some milk!
    Someone really seems to have an unhealthy Ten Dam drool obsession...
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

Knee? He doesn't look good at all.

He's bolloxed and should gone through with his threat when he was sanctioned.

Looks to me since he went red meat free he's lost his 'panache'.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Gazzaputt wrote:

No, he's terrible.

That's why he's managed to be 2nd in the GC.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Tejay van Garderen's gear problem, Shimano yeah?
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    Chapeau Sep Van Marcke - did the second ascent of Alp D'Huez in a 53 ring when his 36 broke!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    iainf72 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

No, he's terrible.

That's why he's managed to be 2nd in the GC.

No, but the knee does look really bad, he's so brave Contador, you've got to admire him, when I saw the picture I winced and felt physically sick, it's a ghastly injury, how on earth has he kept on riding?
  • goonz
    DeadCalm wrote:
    goonz wrote:

Someone really seems to have an unhealthy Ten Dam drool obsession...

:lol::lol:
    To be honest I think I have been scarred for life by that image!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,592
    320-RTX11QQE.jpg
    His triumph is obviously all down to my mates and me pushing the team on a training run at the beginning of June up the Col de Mont Cenis. (Obviously the 20 minutes or so we let them get ahead on the climb was pure tactics, and they realised that, so pushed even harder.)
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    T****r of the day looks like it goes to Lichbick this time, thus ending FrenchFighters long unbeaten run :lol::mrgreen:

Well Done!
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    After almost coming a cropper, that was a particularly epic and very deserved win.
    Mens agitat molem
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    What a great stage!

Froome looked dead at the end and with two more mountain days to go I think there's still much to play for. I'd love to see Quintana do it, the bloke is ice cold
  • DeadCalm
    T****r of the day looks like it goes to Lichbick this time, thus ending FrenchFighters long unbeaten run :lol::mrgreen:

Well Done!
    And yet, I think you've pipped her on the line with that post. Congratulations!
  • goonz
    Question:

Usually the final stage to Paris is a procession but if Quintana can make enough time in the next 2 stages on Froome that they go into Sunday only a few seconds apart would it become a proper race?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    goonz wrote:
    Question:

Usually the final stage to Paris is a procession but if Quintana can make enough time in the next 2 stages on Froome that they go into Sunday only a few seconds apart would it become a proper race?
    Counter question: What chance do you think a 59kg man stands against the combined forces of Sky and all the sprinters teams on the wide open streets of Paris?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fleshtuxedo
    RichN95 wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    Question:

Counter question: What chance do you think a 59kg man stands against the combined forces of Sky and all the sprinters teams on the wide open streets of Paris?

That's a no! :lol:

It's not the done thing, and Quintana's not the man to do it either. Physically, I mean. Ethically, I've no idea.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Hansen.jpg.500.327.jpg