TDF 2013 Stage 18 L'Alpe d'Huez *Spoilers*

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Macaloon wrote:
    Good race, that. What win for Riblon. Quintana appears to be a bit of a racer too. Time to find out what all the Froome hand-waving was really about.
    What's the problem with Sky's official story?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Alpe d huez has become a circus now.. no police anywere down below 3kms to go...no room for riders to attack. tossers running in front looking at the camera and not the race...people standing getting sozzled for hours and what do we get a stage with no major time gaps. said before that if they want this to become a spectacle again they need to barrier it off most of the way...I am all for fans cheering but a lot cant be trusted and become a pest....most of the time i find myself shouting at the tv saying get out the road you stupid C**t.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Alpe d huez has become a circus now.. no police anywere down below 3kms to go...no room for riders to attack. tossers running in front looking at the camera and not the race...people standing getting sozzled for hours and what do we get a stage with no major time gaps. said before that if they want this to become a spectacle again they need to barrier it off most of the way...I am all for fans cheering but a lot cant be trusted and become a pest....most of the time i find myself shouting at the tv saying get out the road you stupid C**t.
    While I agree with you about the circus aspect and the difficulty in attacking, I disagree that there are no major time gaps. J-Rod & Nairo took a minute out of Froome and two out of Contador - they're sizable gaps.

While mental, I do think it very much adds to the image of cycling. It's grand theatre for the people.

On a different note - a guy I know from hockey was there as part of an Albert Timmer fan club - which is a bit random (he is Dutch though)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Daz555 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    Good race, that. What win for Riblon. Quintana appears to be a bit of a racer too. Time to find out what all the Froome hand-waving was really about.

I hadn't seen stage or result. On highlights it was unclear what his problem was. Thanks to http://audioboo.fm/channel/tourdefrance and thread, it's case closed.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Double post
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    Macaloon wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

I hadn't seen stage or result. On highlights it was unclear what his problem was. Thanks to http://audioboo.fm/channel/tourdefrance and thread, it's case closed.

Case closed? It's obvious the real reason he waved his hands and raised two fingers in the air was he was saying 'I'm struggling, get two bags ready for me tonight'. I'm amazed more of our enlightened posters haven't already explained that but I guess they thought it was too obvious to need one. :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:

BIGRINGRIDING!

Just like Pantani ; )
    pantanihuez95_phspt_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    UK representatives of the circus
    CORVOS_00021678-133.jpg

Froome did well not to mow this boy down. Where is his mum?! I suppose if he looked ahead rather than at his top tube he would have seen him. Porte did really well to stay upright when that dickhead pulled his bars with the flag.
    CORVOS_00021678-018.jpg

Naked douche:
    CORVOS_00021678-123.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    koen-mollema_zps69b96cda.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133

superb Photo!!
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    That is an epic photo, maybe the best you have posted this tour so far FF. Mind if I snaffle it for myself?
  • frenchfighter
    Sure, any of them you can save to file to enjoy later! That one was a bit rushed so I might re-do it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    That is an epic photo, maybe the best you have posted this tour so far FF. Mind if I snaffle it for myself?

Agreed. sweet.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508

Wow. Just WOW. Spinetingling
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Daz555 wrote:
    Hansen.jpg.500.327.jpg
    20 sec penalty I hope! :mrgreen:

He drinks lager...Contador just gets bitter :D

Sagan prefers something more hoppy in the mountains.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    And on a different note - Riblon stares into the chasm :D

upHillFinish_zps5c40fc09.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • frenchfighter
    edited July 2013
    Ha, yeah that kind of stuff is not on!

RIBO_zpsf6527e8e.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Ha, yeah that kind of stuff is not on!

RIBO_zpsf6527e8e.jpg

Smurf corner?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    ribo2_zps66832f4b.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tdf_2013_16d_zps9116c0af.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Instagram is fun isnt it....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    Has FF stopped crediting the authors of photos now?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    I can only see blocked comments on this page. I assume you are both talking s hit as usual.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    I can only see blocked comments on this page. I assume you are both talking s hit as usual.

I know he can't see it, but reaching for insults when you can't even read what people are saying is surely a new low?

@gietvangent
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    ribo2_zps66832f4b.jpg

This is what it's all about. Great photo and well presented

Thanks FF
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

I know he can't see it, but reaching for insults when you can't even read what people are saying is surely a new low?
    Oh he absolutely read them, it's not like you can't just click on a blocked comment to see what was said. He's just being his usual charming self.
  • disgruntledgoat
    adr82 wrote:

Oh he absolutely read them, it's not like you can't just click on a blocked comment to see what was said. He's just being his usual charming self.

In that case, I love you too FF.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    For the life of me I can't work out how to turn this around (I know I need instagram!) but this Dutch front page made me laugh.

BPheBhACMAAhG_g.jpg:large

I mean....who actually won?!?!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Alpe d'Huez (13.8 km, 8.11 %):
    Quintana: 39:50
    Rodriguez: 39:53
    Porte, Froome: 40:56
    Valverde: 41:00
    Nieve, Fuglsang, Contador: 41:53

Quintana 39:50 Alp d'Huez in #TDF today. VAM 1686 m/h, Dr F ± 6.00 W/kg. That's good for 37th all-time. More later (via @ammattipyoraily)

Alpe d'Huez (13.80 km, 8.11 %):2008 | Chris Froome: 51 min 13 sec. 2013 | Chris Froome: 40 min 56 sec.

Alpe d'Huez (13.80 km, 8.11 %). Chris Froome ["67 kg]: 40:56. DrF: 5.84 W/kg, CPL: 5.87 W/kg. BCR: 5.94 W/kg. rst: 5.96 W/kg.

Alpe d'Huez (13.80 kkm, 8.11 %, 1119 m). Andrew Talansky: 42 min 27 sec, 19.51 Kph, VAM 1582 m/h, 5.63 W/kg [DrF]

39.50 is 20th of all time:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpe_d'Hue ... st_ascents
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat

@gietvangent