TDF 2013 Stage 18 L'Alpe d'Huez *Spoilers*

1434445464749»

Comments

• TMR wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Holm just told a quite interesting thing on Eurosport about the illegal feed by Sky. It turns out that their service car broke down after the first time over Alpe, which meant they couldn't provide any food or water for Porte and Froome until after the feeding zone on the second time up Alpe. Race organizers knew this which was why they got fined relatively soft.

This wasn't annonced as it wouldn't be the best PR for Sky's service car provider, Jaguar..

Except that Froome mentioned it himself during his post-race interview on ITV4. I thought everyone knew.
    One of the occupants of the car also mentioned it. Said they had trouble and couldn't catch up after the Sarenne. Think I heard it on French TV on the Saturday afterwards.

Incidentally, I got a nice snap of Froome & his dog-chew on the Alpe:

Froome_v5_zps812039f8.jpg~original
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Where is he? I don't see him...
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Look at the lad's quads for heaven's sake, solid muscle. I'll see if I can find a pic of mine.... err... no, can't find it.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP