TDF 2013 Stage 17 TT - *Spoilers* - Embrun - Chorges

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Dinner time - I'm going he shops - anyone want anything bringing back :D

My Shatner's Bassoon needs some fresh wood. Pick us up a pack of reeds, Cleat. Ta

Here's Bill Bailey's Bassoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1p5zOM96f0
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Sagan next off. I wonder if he's going to try a wheelie on the final descent?

FIFY

probably not in answer to the original question - he'll be conserving energy for stages where he can hoover up soem more green jersey points
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Actually looks like a decent course for Sagan. Lots of time to be gained on those descents.
  • Macaloon
    Turfle wrote:
    Actually looks like a decent course for Sagan. Lots of time to be gained on those descents.

Westra was 42s faster than De Gendt on the descent from the top of the second climb.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Sagan 32nd at first check so guess we have the answer.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Wonder why de Gendt still has his tt legs but isn't climbing as well.

Put on a bit of terry?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow, Taaramae goes 2nd.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    Izaguirre fastest at the penultimate check...
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957

Put on a bit of terry?

Said in the Belgian edition of Pro Cycling, the week before the Tour, that he was unsure how he'd climb as he hadn't a lot of racing miles. Was talking a lot about TTing though. At least I think that's what he said.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

Put on a bit of terry?

Said in the Belgian edition of Pro Cycling, the week before the Tour, that he was unsure how he'd climb as he hadn't a lot of racing miles. Was talking a lot about TTing though. At least I think that's what he said.

Am I making this up or wasnt he seriously broken at the start of the season. Just reminded me that Jonny Hoogerland was as well. I must stop being so harsh on him!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    CK telling us the riders will be eschewing tt bikes in favour of road bikes. Westra, who currently leads:

"LeTour.fr asked Westra about his bike choice: a time trial frame with the full aerodynamic set up, unlike most riders today who are using standard road frames. “For me it was good. A lot of the time I was in the aero position and for me it was perfect – and there's no need to change the bike midway during the stage... nothing.

“On the climbs I was always in the small chainring and had a 29 on the back. And a 42 small chainring at the front. But I ride mainly in the 42/25 or 42/27... I never used the 29.”
  • disgruntledgoat
    ddraver wrote:

Put on a bit of terry?

Am I making this up or wasnt he seriously broken at the start of the season. Just reminded me that Jonny Hoogerland was as well. I must stop being so harsh on him!

Yeah he had a couple of bad crashes and a recurring knee problem I think. Said he was nervous in the bunch too.

My Dutch must be coming on!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Put on a bit of terry?

Hmm. Does that make sense to you?

Doesn't to me. He's probably heavier and is losing some as the tour goes on.
  • disgruntledgoat

Put on a bit of terry?

Not being sure how he'd go as he hadn' raced a lot makes sense to me. Saying he was working on his time trialling does too.

@gietvangent
  • ddraver

Put on a bit of terry?

Not being sure how he'd go as he hadn' raced a lot makes sense to me. Saying he was working on his time trialling does too.

Sounds a bit like he's there becasue he's Thomas De Gendt rather than because he was on tip top form...
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Izaguirre fastest at the penultimate check...

Sets new best time at the end of 53.58
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    2 minute departure intervals?
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like the rain is coming. Bring it on. Yes.

Will Froome freak out and will Contador capitalise. If Froome was being sensible he could be going full gas.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    Velochrono ‏@velochrono 9m
    Il se met à pleuvoir ! #TDF
  • ddraver
    Lots of twitterings about people not taking it very seriously today...
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    edited July 2013
    That first descent will be a nightmare in the rain. Looks like plenty of tight off-camber bends, hewn into rock on one side, the abyss on the other.

Edit: Tropical downpour. Wind AND rain.

Izaguirre suffers a Garderen accident to the tunne of 33s. New leader. Probably winner if rain continues.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ooo Teejay. Goes 1st as it starts to rain.

That descent is nasty barely wider than a fietspad in places.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Anyone else having problems to get this forum to load?
  • frenchfighter
    Richie Porte ‏@richie_porte 36m
    Hope this rain holds for my tourist ride today. Looks like a nice view out there #rdo #tdf

I read this that Porte will be taking it easy. Lets see where `taking it easy` places him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Porte said yesterday that he would be taking it easy.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Anyone else having problems to get this forum to load?

Yes.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434

You spoke to him? Wow!
  • DeadCalm
    It was obvious from the pictures but that rain ruined Jeanesson's ride. 2nd at the top of the first climb, 23rd at the bottom of the descent.
  • above_the_cows
    Lichtblick wrote:

You spoke to him? Wow!

Yes, yes I did, he even let me look what's in his black bin bag.
  • DeadCalm
    Allez Sylvain Chavanel.

Oh, that rain is heavy.