TDF 2013 Stage 17 TT - *Spoilers* - Embrun - Chorges

Comments

• Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    ddraver wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Since there's so much chit-chat at this stage of the stage, I'm starting another one-day game as follows:

Who's having a rubbish Tour so far this year? Any definition of rubbish will do.

1. Evans (nothin happening)
    2. Cav (only 2 stages)
    3. Greipel (only 1 stage)

4. Phil Gill (Seriously what has he done? If he hadnt been wearing a stripy jersey no one would have known he was here! Even Cadel has done more)

5. Voeckler (not much happening)
    6. Wiggins. I wonder if he's glad or sorry that he's not in it.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    @Vaughters wrote:
    Thinking of asking @opqscyclingteam if they want to combine Martins. Make a SuperMartin. Little surgery, a lot of voltage. Look out Froome!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Now its

Westra
    Moser
    Roy

Moser was just 3secs behind at the first split, ended up 51secs behind
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    inseine wrote:
    By way of an aside, the first Tour I really took interest in was 1979. There was a proloque plus FOUR individual TTs and TWO teamTTs (one was 87k the other 90!!!!).
    Hinault won all the TTs, a mountain stage and a flat stage. We'd have had 200pages for each stage on this forum!

In quill pen though.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Tony 57 seconds down at 3rd checkpoint.
  • RideOnTime
    Macaloon wrote:
    OT

12:56 Martin: 22" behind Westra at 6.5km

Tony Martin (OPQ) has reached the first time check 22" behind the time set by Westra. The winner of stage 11 is in fifth place at the 6.5km mark.

Much as I respect Tony Martin's ability I just can't help thinking he's the bloke that shot the gypsy in Norfolk.

He really isn't the same one.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    OT

12:56 Martin: 22" behind Westra at 6.5km

Tony Martin (OPQ) has reached the first time check 22" behind the time set by Westra. The winner of stage 11 is in fifth place at the 6.5km mark.

Much as I respect Tony Martin's ability I just can't help thinking he's the bloke that shot the gypsy in Norfolk.

He really isn't the same one.

Tony Martin shall follow me every step of my life. I knew one in primary school, then was friends with a different one in secondary school/college, then the farmer came into my life, and now the big German is all I have left.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Macaloon wrote:
    Only a flesh wound :shock:

mrconde 10:40am via Web

Update on Peraud. According to @ludovandekerkov of RTL the collarbone is not broken. It's "just" a crack. Could start the stage. #TDF
    Absolutely disastrous news. But he's going to start the stage.

De Marchi looks to be on a good ride.

Kittel 6th after 64 riders!
  • RideOnTime
    edited July 2013
    I think I'll hedge on the winning time. Below 49'56" or above 49'58". Hairy bikers are out at 120'23" and I think they'll hit the bridge on their choppers. The cote du roussillon one - or something like that.

Edit: Cote De Reallon: I knew that...
  • DeadCalm
    Ooh, De Marchi lost 26 seconds to Westra on the final descent and comes in second @13secs.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    Only a flesh wound :shock:

mrconde 10:40am via Web

Update on Peraud. According to @ludovandekerkov of RTL the collarbone is not broken. It's "just" a crack. Could start the stage. #TDF
    Absolutely disastrous news. But he's going to start the stage.

De Marchi looks to be on a good ride.

Kittel 6th after 64 riders!

De marchi second now

That second climb is causing all sort of trouble.

Westra 54'02
    de Marchi +13
    Moser +51
  • DeadCalm
    De Gendt going quick.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    RichN95 wrote:
    Who wants to guess at the winning time? If there's no rain I'm going to say 51.50

I'd have got bored and composed a shopping list in my head by then.

Enough about your sex life - what's teh winning time going to be :lol:
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Quintana to do well if he gets a DS to climb on his back for the downhills?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    What's the current weather like ? I know later the forecast is a bit suspect.

I remember driving past the lake here many years ago on the way from Arvieux (at the foot of the Izoard) to Le Thoronet (nr Draguignan). Very pretty with lots of small yachts and I also recall driving past where the French army seemed to keep it's entire stock of tanks somewhere just south of the lake.

I do not recommend spending a week at the foot of the Izoard without a bike. It's torture; every day you'd see another load of cyclists passing by where we were staying. Nice place to go for a relaxing holiday though.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Who wants to guess at the winning time? If there's no rain I'm going to say 51.50

I'd have got bored and composed a shopping list in my head by then.

Enough about your sex life - what's teh winning time going to be :lol:

I suggested 49.57. That's the time. Definitely.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • GSVBagpuss wrote:
    Quintana to do well if he gets a DS to climb on his back for the downhills?
    Or just a quick bike change to a 20 or 30kg bike, which might actually work. There's no max. weight for bikes, right?
    1968, human content on bitumen.
  • DeadCalm
    Tony Martin 3rd.

1.WESTRA L. VCD in 54' 02''
    2.DE MARCHI A. CAN in 54' 15'' at 0' 13''
    3.MARTIN T. OPQ in 54' 39'' at 0' 37''
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    There's no max. weight for bikes, right?
    That's actually an interesting question. Does anyone know? Although I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to steer a 30kg bike, especially given Quintana's height and weight :D
  • DeadCalm
    Sagan next off. I wonder if he's going to try?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Dinner time - I'm going he shops - anyone want anything bringing back :D
  • RideOnTime
    edited July 2013

Four seater sofa please, oh and a wardrobe. You've only got 49 minutes.

Mind that bridge at Cote De Reallon.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Turfle wrote:

Tony Martin shall follow me every step of my life. I knew one in primary school, then was friends with a different one in secondary school/college, then the farmer came into my life, and now the big German is all I have left.
    There's one that works in my office. It's an infestation.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • graeme_s-2
    I think you guys are a bit conservative with your times. I'm sure I read something about an official schedule prediction of 47 minutes...
  • RideOnTime
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

An infestation of Martin's.

I'll get some cream.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I think you guys are a bit conservative with your times. I'm sure I read something about an official schedule prediction of 47 minutes...
    To paraphrase a quote from Pinotti, if someone does 47 minutes I'll eat a live chicken.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399

Sorry, but it's not dinner time, it's lunchtime, unless of course you are currently in the far east, in which case it may indeed be dinner time. :D
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399
    Bertie's going to pick up a mountain bike at the top of each climb, and just head straight downhill and rejoin the roads at the bottom. :shock:
  • dang100
    dang100 Posts: 44
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

Come to think of it, I've never seen the 2012 UCI World Road Racing Time Trial Champion in the same room as the farmer imprisoned for shooting a burglar. Coincidence? I think not
  • graeme_s-2
    RichN95 wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    To paraphrase a quote from Pinotti, if someone does 47 minutes I'll eat a live chicken.
    Fair enough :)