TDF 2013 Stage 17 TT - *Spoilers* - Embrun - Chorges

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Richie Porte ‏@richie_porte 36m
    Hope this rain holds for my tourist ride today. Looks like a nice view out there #rdo #tdf

I read this that Porte will be taking it easy. Lets see where `taking it easy` places him.

FF, I bet you that Porte won't be within 2 mins of winner. If you accept and win, I'll wear an avatar of your choice for the duration of the tour. If you lose, you change your avi to the Brailsford pic you posted yesterday. Trade available til first timecheck posted on le Tour ticker http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2013/us/live/aso/
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Macaloon wrote:
    Richie Porte ‏@richie_porte 36m
    Hope this rain holds for my tourist ride today. Looks like a nice view out there #rdo #tdf

I read this that Porte will be taking it easy. Lets see where `taking it easy` places him.

FF, I bet you that Porte won't be within 2 mins of winner. If you accept and win, I'll wear an avatar of your choice for the duration of the tour. If you lose, you change your avi to the Brailsford pic you posted yesterday. Trade available til first timecheck posted on le Tour ticker http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2013/us/live/aso/
    Come on FF, put your avatar where your mouth is!
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Pouring with rain later on in the course. That's going to mess up the times?

---blink----a rider just flicked a V sign at the camera!
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Kirby - relax - its just rain. Even if it may be a bit heavy. FFS.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    BERT-SOLO.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    I think in this weather even Froome will be struggling to be within 2 mins of TJ.
  • Macaloon
    They say I carry-off pink well 8)
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ddraver wrote:
    4. Phil Gill (Seriously what has he done? If he hadnt been wearing a stripy jersey no one would have known he was here! Even Cadel has done more)

Well, he hasn't been good but he's had very little to work with as well. No uphill finish in the entire Tour is absolutely disgraceful.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Kelly re Rolland descending in the wet "I think my postman would be going faster" :D
  • frenchfighter
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Kelly re Rolland descending in the wet "I think my postman would be going faster" :D

:lol:

Kelly wouldnt be holding back here. Pure racer.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Lichtblick
    He said Rolland's got his handbrake on all the time. How could he tell from the back?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Geraint Thomas ‏@GeraintThomas86 2m
    Looks like the stage is wrapped up, now it's raining... First descent is dodgy enough in the dry. Don't envy the boys going off now
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    4. Phil Gill (Seriously what has he done? If he hadnt been wearing a stripy jersey no one would have known he was here! Even Cadel has done more)

Well, he hasn't been good but he's had very little to work with as well. No uphill finish in the entire Tour is absolutely disgraceful.

I doubt he would have won it even if there had been an uphill finish.
  • frenchfighter
    How did Eusktaltel afford those new aero helemts?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    edited July 2013
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Maybe. Maybe not. We never got to know.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    12:34 to 1:15pm
    SOMETHING HAPPENED..
    I was just sitting here. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

That, If he'd been able to stay with the group yesterday I would have agreed with Thom, but after yesterday...pffft

Still, looks like BMC might be gifted a Stage Win today
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ddraver wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

That, If he'd been able to stay with the group yesterday I would have agreed with Thom, but after yesterday...pffft

Still, looks like BMC might be gifted a Stage Win today

Riis' rain dance worked to perfection.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Lichtblick
    what's that chitchat the commentators do, about amateurs riding against professionals?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Froboz wrote:
    I was really excited for today's stage, then I remembered it was an ITT and I wanted to shoot myself in the face. Boring.

I think ITT needs to get binned, or at least have only 1 per Tour.

The mad rapper - how are you still posting? I banned this account?

Wait till your suspension is finished. No new accounts please or else I'll ban your ip.
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    Lucky old TJ.
  • Macaloon
    edited July 2013
    French TT champion on a road bike. No tri-bars. Oh dear.

Edit 22nd @47s 1st check.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    From letour.fr:
    France Télévisions recently interviewed the sporting director of Sky, Nicolas Portal, to discuss the tactics of his team for the wet conditions and find out if it will change the plan for Chris Froome.

“It was in the forecast and now it is a certainty,” said Portal about the rain. “We had considered the case, we include special tyres. But it is certain that this will make the descent a little more complicated.

“We know that the best will rise at a rapid pace, so he will not have to get distracted then. We'll take zero risks. It would be a shame to try to win but end up losing much more because of an error... we have a comfortable margin. Chris will be wary of all descents, including the third even if it is a little less technical.”
  • thomthom
    Chava flying down. Imagine if it was dry. Would have had a killer time.
  • DeadCalm
    Lucky old TJ.
    Indeed. Without all the time lost on the descent due to the rain, Jeanesson would probably have been ahead of him at the top of the second climb.
  • emadden

Those glasses look like those cheapy Pound Shop folding sunglasses that you could get in the late 80s. Horrific.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    What were Ryder's and Tejay's parents thinking when those names were decided. We just need a Ceejay and Doodah next :-)

EDIT: Lets not forget Jaytee
    www.dotcycling.com
  • DeadCalm
    According to Nicolas Portal, Chris Froome isn't going to take any risks.

Edit: Oops.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 2m

Rain and hailstones out on the TT course now

What fun!
    Correlation is not causation.