TDF 2013 Stage 17 TT - *Spoilers* - Embrun - Chorges

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Lichtblick wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Probably because Contador is a known drug cheat, but was let off by his federation with a wrist slap. If you dont believe he was doping in the past why is he not up to it now???
    That is libellous.

You sir, are a douche ... AC was banned by wada ... so I'm happy to say he fulfills the criteria ...

I think we can do without the name calling eh?

I would ordinarilly agree but shouting 'libel' against a proven doping ban is just being ... well. a douche ...

feel free to add yourself to that list with mock self-rightousness ...

What list is that?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Lichtblick wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Probably because Contador is a known drug cheat, but was let off by his federation with a wrist slap. If you dont believe he was doping in the past why is he not up to it now???
    That is libellous.

No it isn't. Failed a test. Didn't serve 2 years, federation went through all sorts to get him off.

As for if he were to win the Tour, so be it. By the rules, he's done his time and I like to think he rides clean now. It's just annoying when a guy with so much clout in the sport gets caught and does absolutely nothing to try and mend the rotten system he grew up in.

And who still maintains he is the rightful winner of the 2010 edition

Celebrating seven grand tour victories as he won the Vuelta was not good

Proclaiming being the winner of seven grand tours has taken a bit of a set back over the last year or so wouldn't you say?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh I'm also afraid I have absoluteness no problem supporting the British Team, I do so for Rugby, Cricket, Football, Tennis, and every olympics. To pretend that cycling is somehow "above" that is a)patronisingly elitest and c)ridiculous anyway

Let's not forget that cycling is the ultimate mercenary professional sport, it could have learnt an awful lot from what cycling fans seem to view as "untersport"

Hi DD

Where's (b) on your list above? :wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh cuggery collocks!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Good to see the camera guys getting shots of the lady in the bikini...lets hope she is in all the remaining stages!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    goonz wrote:
    Good to see the camera guys getting shots of the lady in the bikini...lets hope she is in all the remaining stages!

Glad to see someone else noticed that. Entirely appropriate attire for a rainstorm I thought. :D

Then there was the man wearing a mankini over a Mario Cipollini style muscle suit.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • goonz
    Laurens Ten Dam needs to get that saliva in check! :shock:
  • goonz
    goonz wrote:

Glad to see someone else noticed that. Entirely appropriate attire for a rainstorm I thought. :D

Then there was the man wearing a mankini over a Mario Cipollini style muscle suit.

I never miss a woman in a bikini!
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    mike6 wrote:

As for there or their...... who cares, you knew what I meant. Did you knot.

Who cares? I care. Sloppy spelling and grammar is a manifestation of sloppy education and/or lack of care which is all too prevalent these days, alas. Your second sentence I take to be a "joke".

You'll be putting an aberrant apostrophe in Pros, next. (That's professionals, abbreviated.)

ok, enough banter.

Does anyone know how soon the Vuelta start-list will be posted anywhere?
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Lichtblick wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

Who cares? I care. Sloppy spelling and grammar is a manifestation of sloppy education and/or lack of care which is all too prevalent these days, alas. Your second sentence I take to be a "joke".

You'll be putting an aberrant apostrophe in Pros, next. (That's professionals, abbreviated.)

ok, enough banter.

If you want people to continue to answer your torrent of questions in these threads (once again let me recommend Google), you might want to be a bit more pleasant. Your habit of complaining that posts are libellous is a rather obnoxious thing to do as well.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Lichtblick wrote:
    mike6 wrote:

ok, enough banter.

It's in the same drawer as the answer to your question about race radios. Talking about education, who did you get to do your homework at school?

Also, many posters on this forum do not post in their first language, be it english or latin. So perhaps you could try and be a bit more understanding in exchange for others ignoring your ignorance or educating you. Cheers.

edit: ok, adr82 beat me to it. But it still stands.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Pross wrote:
    Very excited about tomorrow.

What is the substance behind the repeated claims that Froome is vulnerable downhill? He's no Nibali or Sanchez but I've never seen him struggling downhill. Is there really anything in this or is it just clutching at straws?

Presumably that stage where he lost Tirreno Adriatico?

Oh yeah that rings a bell - bit of a one off wasn't it, vertical climbs and absolutely pishing down.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    DeadCalm wrote:
    According to the organisers there is no possibility of tomorrow's stage being shortened which will disappoint Froome who has apparently said several times he hopes the Sarenne descent will be cancelled if it rains.
    Good news. Probably the only thing that stands in the way of Froome being in yellow come Paris, so understandable that he's not looking forward to it.

Personally I think the day after (stage 19) will be more of a problem, if the other teams can isolate Froome over the 2HC climbs at the start of the stage like they did on stage 9 it could be interesting. Tomorrow, while very tough, should be ok.
    Who exactly will isolate him?
    Froome is by far the best climber with Porte in top 4 of climbers so inlikely to get isolated and even if so very unlikely to get dropped on lcimbs by weaker riders.
    As I said before it would take the four other teams contnding podium to agree to work together to attack one at a time with others refusing to chase, but then they would loose their podium chance so not likely to happen. Even then Froome is so far in front would not have to chase hard but tap through at tempo and would close on climbs.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Pross wrote:
    Very excited about tomorrow.

What is the substance behind the repeated claims that Froome is vulnerable downhill? He's no Nibali or Sanchez but I've never seen him struggling downhill. Is there really anything in this or is it just clutching at straws?

Presumably that stage where he lost Tirreno Adriatico?

Oh yeah that rings a bell - bit of a one off wasn't it, vertical climbs and absolutely pishing down.
    Yep... and Froome was distanced on the uphill not the descent wasn't he?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    goonz wrote:

Agreed I was eating a bowl of cereal watching the recording, nearly barfed all over myself
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    le-tour-france-2013-stage-20130717-125619-826.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Frenchie do you have any pics of Ten Dam in full race face mode?

If so please keep them to yourself - dude looks like he's got rabies
  • goonz
    Crozza wrote:
    Frenchie do you have any pics of Ten Dam in full race face mode?

If so please keep them to yourself - dude looks like he's got rabies

:shock:

:lol:
  • goonz
    prawny wrote:
    goonz wrote:

Agreed I was eating a bowl of cereal watching the recording, nearly barfed all over myself

:lol:

The worst was watching the supporters getting close to cheer him on, only to spot the drool and jump far out the way!
  • frenchfighter
    @laurenstendam
    TT went pretty good till 5 km to go. Missed a left hand corner. Went over the bike and hit a small kid. Hope and heard he's ok.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    @laurenstendam
    TT went pretty good till 5 km to go. Missed a left hand corner. Went over the bike and hit a small kid. Hope and heard he's ok.

With the bike or the saliva? :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    Looking through the photos of the top riders. All looks cool as you like with their sufferfaces strapped. Only one doesnt fit that bill.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    Looking through the photos of the top riders. All looks cool as you like with their sufferfaces strapped. Only one doesnt fit that bill.

On which site?

And who? Let me guess, Froome?
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    le-tour-france-2013-stage-20130717-125619-826.jpg

WTF?

Real or photoshopped?

Again... WTF?
  • goonz
    I think there was someone running along with that in their hand, may just be a lucky shot?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Interesting that Cofidis beat SKY in the team awards on this stage. SKY riders obviously holding back for the next three days.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    That's it! Incontrovertible doing proof at last!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    bompington wrote:
    Yes, Inspector FF has finally cracked his most difficult case!
  • Spiny_Norman
    Spiny_Norman Posts: 128
    adr82 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Yes, Inspector FF has finally cracked his most difficult case!
    Ah, mais non. This is just the dramatic staged unveiling in the drawing room. Being the detective genius he is, the answer was obvious almost from the beginning. As soon as his hero was dropped, in fact.
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ..post fail
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver