TDF 2013 Stage 12 ***Spoilers*** Fougeres - Tours

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    ThomThom wrote:
    Coach H wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    Cav is not going to like that. Can't see anything other than him beaten fair and square there. German Eurosport going nuts- 5 stage wins- are Germany the new cycling superpower?

So Germany 5 - Sky 1. With a history involving T-Mobile & Gerrolsteiner is it time we had a specific thread on how the Germans must be doping? :roll:

Just to be clear I am joking, but there is a serious point in there somewhere

Argos is the only credible team in the peloton regarding doping.

http://road.cc/content/news/51313-1t4i- ... oping-ring
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Final stage in Paris is gonna be good this year if the big 3 make it there ...

I'll be there ! Can't wait
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    ddraver wrote:
    1373555623965-5s2wvtfmb89c-670-75.jpg
    Oops. Cav beaten with the push over the line from Kittel?

Schoolboy error Mr Cavendish.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ddraver wrote:
    btw did anyone really expect Cav to keep on winning 5 stages a tour until he was 36?
    I kind of did, it seemed to be the way it was heading

I would never claim to be an expert but the lead out looks to have bigger problems than Steegmans, in regard to them hiring Renshaw. It looks disorganised and lacking command/leadership in the 20km to 1Km to go phase as much as the final bit.
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    goonz wrote:
    On the line Cav was looking over but Kittel was stretching himself over. Think that probably won it for him.

Ah yes, the typical school boy error - focus on your race, not the others you're racing! :wink:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    On the overhead shot Kittel is clearly ahead, I think Cav knew he'd lost by then to be honest....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:
    btw did anyone really expect Cav to keep on winning 5 stages a tour until he was 36?

Yes. Well, not 5, but more than 1. What worries me is that was a clean, straight up sprint, and not only did Kittel win, but he accelerated from behind a Cav at full speed having got the jump.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2013
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Coach H wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    Cav is not going to like that. Can't see anything other than him beaten fair and square there. German Eurosport going nuts- 5 stage wins- are Germany the new cycling superpower?

So Germany 5 - Sky 1. With a history involving T-Mobile & Gerrolsteiner is it time we had a specific thread on how the Germans must be doping? :roll:

Just to be clear I am joking, but there is a serious point in there somewhere

Argos is the only credible team in the peloton regarding doping.

http://road.cc/content/news/51313-1t4i- ... oping-ring

http://www.inthegc.com/2012/11/marcel-k ... n-and.html

http://cyclopunk.blogspot.dk/2012/01/ma ... homas.html

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11052 ... ising.aspx

And Kittel is 1 out of 10 in this peloton who actally seem to care and speaks out.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    dougzz wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    I kind of did, it seemed to be the way it was heading

I would never claim to be an expert but the lead out looks to have bigger problems than Steegmans, in regard to them hiring Renshaw. It looks disorganised and lacking command/leadership in the 20km to 1Km to go phase as much as the final bit.

I thought that too, before the final few in all the jossling, there seemed a lot of disarray in their train. Not very organised at all.

Think they need to get Eisel in to kick things into gear.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    edited July 2013
    Some pretty significant time gaps there - J-Rod, Mollema and Ten Dam all lose a minute, Valverde Bert and Kreuziger a few seconds, only Froome-doper-dog making the front group out of the GC riders! They really are making it too easy for him this year.

EDIT: I guess these gaps were all within last few km therefore don't count for GC if caused by crash? Don't seem to have affected GC anyway.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Do we have to the "he won a stage he must be doping" thing every day?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • goonz
    Lets see if we can fill another 15 pages with it....
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    That post is libellous.

Someone with 3,637 posts should know what is libel.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Lichtblick wrote:
    That post is libellous.

It's only Libel if it's untrue. Just saying.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Do we have to the "he won a stage he must be doping" thing every day?

We are Internet Forum People, its what we do. Otherwise we will have to start talking sense and that will never do.

Actually I am kind of hoping we will hit some kind of critical mass and the whole thing will stop as there is nothing more to say :lol:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    BigMat wrote:
    Some pretty significant time gaps there - J-Rod, Mollema and Ten Dam all lose a minute, Valverde Bert and Kreuziger a few seconds, only Froome-doper-dog making the front group out of the GC riders! They really are making it too easy for him this year.

Leaving the other comments in that post aside Stannard did a brilliant job of piloting Froome up to and round the last corner.
  • goonz
    Anyone know what happened to Greipel? Was he badly damaged?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    goonz wrote:
    Anyone know what happened to Greipel? Was he badly damaged?
    He didn't actually go down himself - just got held up. So he'll be fine.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    BigMat wrote:

EDIT: I guess these gaps were all within last few km therefore don't count for GC if caused by crash? Don't seem to have affected GC anyway.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2013/us/st ... tions.html
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Lichtblick wrote:
    That post is libellous.

Based on what the powers that be here have to say, libel is decided by them and not based on the actual definition.

On topic, I think today might have shown that Cav's days being head and shoulders above all of the other sprinters are over. When he got ahead of Kittel I was sure it was over but Kittel had the burst that Cav always won with.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Cav being honest.

@MarkCavendish: Like I said, @marcelkittel's the new big thing. Simply better than me today. Congrats! Sorry I couldn't finish @opqscyclingteam's hard work.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Another great sprint from Kittel. Maybe he was underestimated a little after his sickness at last year's Tour saw him not really in contention for the bunch sprints. These stage wins certainly confirm the expectations that were heaped on him in 2011 as the next real challenger for Cavendish. It seems Cavendish has lost a tiny bit of his speed, Greipel has gained an extra few knots and Kittel is fit and going for it.

I also make that two wins for Kittel with no victory celebration. Granted both were tight finishes but he doesn't seem to feel the need to make a big song-and-dance about these victories. A class act. Does anyone also notice how Kittel stops pedalling before the line? He never seems to pedal through the line, even in the tightess of finishes. Not important but a unique little habit, I think.

DD.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I also make that two wins for Kittel with no victory celebration. Granted both were tight finishes but he doesn't seem to feel the need to make a big song-and-dance about these victories.
    Do a google image search for him. He celebrates just the same as everyone else.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dang100
    dang100 Posts: 44
    He never seems to pedal through the line, even in the tightess of finishes. Not important but a unique little habit, I think.

DD.

Is that not because he;'s throwing his bike forward?
  • Lichtblick
    Cav's Tour de France stage wins:

2008: 4 (High Road)
    2009: 6 (Colombia HR)
    2010: 5 (HTC Colombia)
    2011: 5 (HTC High Road)
    2012: 3 (Sky)
    2013: 1 so far (Omega Pharma Quickstep)
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Cav's Tour de France stage wins:

2008: 4 (High Road)
    2009: 6 (Colombia HR)
    2010: 5 (HTC Colombia)
    2011: 5 (HTC High Road)
    2012: 3 (Sky)
    2013: 1 so far (Omega Pharma Quickstep)

He should have stuck with an American team! :D
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Cav's Tour de France stage wins

Other races are available
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    Shame, that's EBH out for Sky - confirmed

@VgNettAnders: Sky bekrefter til VG: TdF over for Boasson Hagen.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Cav's Tour de France stage wins

Other races are available

I know, but this is on topic: TdF.