Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    smithy21 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:
    Porte third so far at 1' 21"
    Does this mean he's doped or not? I can't keep up.
    :roll:
    I think we should wait for FF to tell us.

Seems about right. I would imagine he needed a good run for a confidence boost.

Oh and FWIW Frenchie may be wrong on some things but he was completely right about the thread.

Oh great God of chat! Please tell us what we may talk about!

Just making the point that the spoiler threads seem to be an absolute clusterf@ck at the moment. Banter is fine but these threads used to be better than tickers for keeping up with the race.

Maybe I am just noticing it more as I am on holiday with limited access to the race other than on my phone and some dashes back to my room.

It's a TT, course there's f**k all happening. Enjoy the day and look at the time sheet at the end and you ll have had as much excitement as we re gonna have...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    smithy21 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:

Oh and FWIW Frenchie may be wrong on some things but he was completely right about the thread.

Just making the point that the spoiler threads seem to be an absolute clusterf@ck at the moment. Banter is fine but these threads used to be better than tickers for keeping up with the race.

Maybe I am just noticing it more as I am on holiday with limited access to the race other than on my phone and some dashes back to my room.

When was that?! They've always been pretty poor at keeping the reader up to speed with the race!
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Froome warming up on rollers wearing YELLOW RADARS
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,546
    smithy21 wrote:

In fairness when the chat is not about cycling it usually indicates that there is not much going on in the cycling.

How many of the riders currently past the finish line were actually trying? Martin, Porte?
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ddraver wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:

It's a TT, course there's f**k all happening. Enjoy the day and look at the time sheet at the end and you ll have had as much excitement as we re gonna have...
    Exactly. Plus if it's pissing off FF then I'm all for it. He takes himself way too seriously.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Thing is, it's not a ticker. There's plenty of tickers out there if that's what people want. I see these as a chance for people to talk about the race and wherever that leads, just go with it.

People don't half take the internet seriously.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,241
    smithy21 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    nic_77 wrote:

Agree. Sadly, the enormous egos of some are spoiling the spoilers this year.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Schleck 124th at first check!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited July 2013
    You guys done shooting the breeze yet? Discussed the relative impressive or failure placings? I can only see half the posts so I`m guessing not.

Chavanel gets 5th. Excellent.

Talansky at 9th. Bodes well.

Gesink did a nice ride.

Porte 3rd. A little higher than I was expecting but believable relative to his previous performances (of which there are very many to compare against).

Current top ten:
    1 Tony Martin (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) 0:36:29
    2 Thomas De Gendt (Vacansoleil-DCM) 0:01:01
    3 Richie Porte (Sky) 0:01:21
    4 Svein Tuft (Orica-GreenEdge) 0:01:35
    5 Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) 0:01:37
    6 Jeremy Roy (FDJ.fr) 0:01:43
    7 Tom Dumoulin (Argos-Shimano) 0:01:45
    8 Jonathan Castroviejo (Movistar) 0:01:52
    9 Andrew Talansky (Garmin-Sharp) 0:02:08
    10 Lars Bak (Lotto Belisol) 0:02:15
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    :shock: Jose Serpa. WTF

Strava is not Zen.
  • dang100
    dang100 Posts: 44
    TimB34 wrote:

He's clearly on drugs
  • Paulie W
    Looking at Porte's time, you'd expect Froome to be clocking about 37:20.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    DeadCalm wrote:

Very well put...

On the wind cyclingnews now suggesting that "These later performances and the time splits seem to indicate that the wind has turned and is now slowing the riders. "
  • disgruntledgoat
    Peraud looking decent early on too.

@gietvangent
  • appletrees
    appletrees Posts: 327
    Froome must be on drugs as he was clearly looking at his Power Meter then - to make sure he wasn't going to make the ASO suspicious with his warm up routine presumably.

:?
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    TimB34 wrote:
    STOP.THE.PRESS
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    smithy21 wrote:

Or perhaps people are just generally f*cking bored of work/life and are posting sh*t to stop them going mental? I'm sure the Mods will remove anything they feel inappropriate.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    DeadCalm wrote:

I hope you're not tarring me with that brush :cry:
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,241

One second down on Porte at the first split. Hopefully, he's can match Porte over the rest of the course.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Compared to how he usually looks, Schlecklette looks kind of OK there....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Kwiatkowski makes Sagan look like a one trick pony
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • disgruntledgoat
    smithy21 wrote:

Or perhaps people are just generally f*cking bored of work/life and are posting sh*t to stop them going mental? I'm sure the Mods will remove anything they feel inappropriate.

This. Nobody owns this forum except BIkeradar. People can post what they like and the owner will remove anything that breaches the terms of use.

@gietvangent
  • Paulie W
    As usual P&P keep forgetting where the checkpoints are!
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    ddraver wrote:
    Compared to how he usually looks, Schlecklette looks kind of OK there....

I think he's looking more fluid because he's not trying that hard...
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kwiatkowski makes Sagan look like a one trick pony

He really is fast becoming my favourite rider.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Contador up next.

@gietvangent
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Cracking time by Andy. Smashing it!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    DeadCalm wrote:

One second down on Porte at the first split. Hopefully, he's can match Porte over the rest of the course.

Bardet 101st @ 4.40. Not that great. Maybe a rider for the KOM.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Lichtblick wrote:
    what's that on Chavenal's right shin?

A tattoo. Frenchie loves it!

Hi, thanks. I couldn't tell if it was a tattoo, a bruise, or some dirt. What's it a tattoo of?
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    what's that on Chavenal's right shin?

A tattoo. Frenchie loves it!

Hi, thanks. I couldn't tell if it was a tattoo, a bruise, or some dirt. What's it a tattoo of?

Some dirt. Or a bruise.
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves