TDF 2013 - Stage 10 *Spoiler*

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I've added a map to the OP, but can't find the finish map. FF usually uploads those, I'm sure he'll be along shortly.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RideOnTime wrote:
    WE HAVE NO MAP OF THE FINISH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WE HAVE NO MAP OF THE FINISH

AND IT'S 10.30...

Et voilà

2013stage10finalkms_zps30073c15.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Now that is going to be fast...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    I still haven't fathomed or heard a good excuse on how the hell he is still in the jersey
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • TMR
    I still haven't fathomed or heard a good excuse on how the hell he is still in the jersey

Who?
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106

Yer who?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    1017672_626770890675621_1532007683_n.jpg

1000378_10151793027046756_1603933084_n.jpg

1005430_10151568554899107_601182416_n.jpg

1004020_10151686853152389_906455493_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Ryder has a deal with POC; not a lost bet. Fail.
    http://news.pocsports.com/2013/07/03/po ... -the-team/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    Something I noticed yesterday in sundays highlights, Froome wearing Radars again!

Do they not do Yellow Jawbones?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    at least he keeps his black shorts on and avoids that colour co-ordination catastrophe
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Ryder has a deal with POC; not a lost bet. Fail.
    http://news.pocsports.com/2013/07/03/po ... -the-team/

as long as he's being paid a lot to look like a tit....
  • TMR

LMAO! Looks like Marcel has found the future Mrs Kittel! :mrgreen:

She is very pretty, she was the Green Jersey podium girl last year as well IIRC.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    edited July 2013
    1017672_626770890675621_1532007683_n.jpg

I knew when I was watching the stage that one total arsewipe would freeze the frame, cut out the rest of the bike and say Froome was looking at his SRM when he clearly has his head down (if anything he was looking at the back wheel)

Enter Frenchie...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Geology coming soon btw...
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    ddraver wrote:
    I knew when I was watching the stage that one total arsewipe would freeze the frame, cut out the rest of the bike and say Frrome was looking at his SRm when he clearly has his head down (if anything he was looking at the back wheel)

Enter Frenchie...

Keep it friendly chaps...</hypocrite> :wink:
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    ITV4 coverage starts at 2pm - damn, that's 3pm here in France. Might as well get some work done now before I settle down to watch. Too warm for a ride this morning, so it'll have to be later.
  • goonz

LMAO! Looks like Marcel has found the future Mrs Kittel! :mrgreen:

She is very pretty, she was the Green Jersey podium girl last year as well IIRC.

FF your pics dont show up on my browser....happening to anyone else?
  • frenchfighter
    ddraver wrote:
    I knew when I was watching the stage that one total arsewipe would freeze the frame, cut out the rest of the bike and say Frrome was looking at his SRm when he clearly has his head down (if anything he was looking at the back wheel)

Enter Frenchie...

Everytime someone quotes this dunce I receive confirmation that I made the right decision blocking him near on 6 month ago. Total waste of space on this forum! Most intelligent people improve as time goes buy but sadly that doesn`t occur in all humans!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    at least he keeps his black shorts on and avoids that colour co-ordination catastrophe

Enter Pierre Roland, used to be one of my fav riders but that nightmare of an outfit with matchng polka dot shorts just knocked him down a few notches!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Why's he holding a mini Cav? Surely that's got to put a dampner on things? :wink:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ddraver wrote:

Enter Frenchie...

Everytime someone quotes this dunce I receive confirmation that I made the right decision blocking him near on 6 month ago. Total waste of space on this forum! Most intelligent people improve as time goes buy but sadly that doesn`t occur in all humans!

Magnificent, Brailsfordian disdain, if I may say so. :D
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver
    edited July 2013
    The Armorican Massif (French: Massif armoricain) is a geologic massif that covers a large area in the northwest of France, including Brittany, the western part of Normandy and the Pays de la Loire. Its name comes from the old Armorica, a Gaul area between the Loire and the Seine rivers.

The massif is composed of metamorphic and magmatic rocks that were metamorphosed and/or deformed during the Hercynian or Variscan orogeny (400 to 280 million years ago) and the earlier Cadomian orogeny (650 to 550 million years ago (ddraver says - which occurred during the formation of Gondwana. Gondwana was one of two super continents formed when all the continents were together - Think Pangea but earlier ).

The region was uplifted when the Bay of Biscay opened during the Cretaceous period (ddraver says - similar to the opening of the Atlantic, but thie Bay of Biscay never made it. The Cantabrian Mountains and the Armorican Massif were then rift shoulders of the Bay of Biscay.

792px-Geologic_map_Armorican_Massif_EN.svg.png

During the Neoproterozoic (ddraver says - 2.5 Billion years ago - rocks rarely get much older), older parts of the Armorican Massif formed the northern margin of the paleocontinent Gondwana.

Armorica rifted off the northern margin of Gondwana somewhere during the Ordovician or Silurian periods to move northward and collide with Laurussia (ddraver says -the other super continent)during the Hercynian orogeny.

The oldest rocks of the massif are Neoproterozoic sediments of the Brioverian Supergroup which were deformed and metamorphosed during the Cadomian orogeny. These are overlain by lower Paleozoic (Cambrian to Devonian) (meta-)sediments. The whole sequence was deformed, metamorphosed and intruded by felsic magmas during the Hercynian orogeny.

Late Hercynian granitoid bodies were intruded along the South Armorican Shear Zone. St Malo is the cenre of one of these and has some well displayed Migmatites - metamorphic rocks which have partially melted and the resolidified

646px-Migmatite_2005.jpg

ddraver says - - Think the formations of Dartmoor, Bodmin Moor and Exmoor, plus the emplacement of the Cornish Tin deposits. Most of this has been 100% stolen from the Wiki page which has more detail (and very technical it is too!) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorican_Massif

The whole area is actually mighty complex which is waht gives Brittany it's variation and (IMO) beauty!
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    edited July 2013
    Macaloon wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Enter Frenchie...

Magnificent, Brailsfordian disdain, if I may say so. :D

How would you know if I'm blocked? Or are you smarting because I ve caught you out? The massive irony of this is that you re always re-posting things that I posted 6 hours earlier because your ego is so pathetically small that you can't bear to read anything that might disagree with your world view. Hence the utter capitulation over the last few days when you ve got no block button to hight the fact that Sky are creaming your boy

(Where are you with your peacekeeping now MR?) Edit - I was wrong, and I prostrate myself before MR and beg his forgiveness!
    - @ddraver
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    ddraver wrote:

Enter Frenchie...

Call him what you want but he's obviously right about what you posted. I guess you know that and that's why it provoked one of your usual "classy" responses.
  • TMR

Oi! You aren't helping Mister! Can't we all just get along and bask in the glow of our mutual love for the sport? #utopia
  • TMR
    ddraver wrote:
    Where are you with your peacekeeping now MR?

I've tried. I'm not a Mod - perhaps one ought to jump in and bang everyone's head together?! :wink:
  • goonz
    Please let the racing start so the bickering can end....
  • ddraver
    Fair enough, comment withdrawn ;)

Now lets get back to the rocks..derm..cycling sorry, cycling :oops:
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I hope there'll be some cycling on soon.

In light hearted news, my repairs on a fooked wheel have been performed by the LBS for the total of £10 because I am "a legend"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    ddraver wrote:
    The Armorican Massif.....

love the geology DD!