TDF 2013 - Stage 10 *Spoiler*

1111213141517»

Comments

• roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Worth a reminder. TdS. Haussler and Cav.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNAYR3KPIg

How about some footage of incidents with Fararr, Ferrari etc?

Thought not - bit selective FF. Bertie needs a good steak and you're all bitter and twisted!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    ddraver wrote:
    Why was Porte apologising to Quintana (if he actually was - does nt look much like it to me...)
    Because he said Quintana had been reading too many newspapers after Quintana’s big and ultimately futile attack on stage 8. The idea being the newspapers are begging for attacks, whether or not they make sense.

Porte was obviously feeling pretty cocky after stage 8. After stage 9 he changed his tune.

Yes he was heaping praise on Movistar the day after, with his comments on Valverde's 'swingers'. It seemed a bit silly and overexaggerated.
  • MrTapir
    20130709913_20130709CY0016.jpg

I like this photo a lot, good angle. Also it made me laugh when Phil Liggett was talking about a 'massive carrot' dangling in front of the peloton. Then he was saying the cars had been pulled from the gap and 'the carrot isnt there anymore'. Me and my girlfriend were shouting at the telly 'yes there is'. I dont think Liggett gets it.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RoyPSB wrote:
    Worth a reminder. TdS. Haussler and Cav.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNAYR3KPIg

How about some footage of incidents with Fararr, Ferrari etc?

Thought not - bit selective FF. Bertie needs a good steak and you're all bitter and twisted!

I am a big Cavendish fan. What`s your point now Roy?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver wrote:
    Why was Porte apologising to Quintana (if he actually was - does nt look much like it to me...)
    Because he said Quintana had been reading too many newspapers after Quintana’s big and ultimately futile attack on stage 8. The idea being the newspapers are begging for attacks, whether or not they make sense.

Porte was obviously feeling pretty cocky after stage 8. After stage 9 he changed his tune.

(does anyone other than Frenchie believe that was Porte Apologising? Surely a quiet "Good Day Sunday Ritchie" would have been enough from Quiptana (sic) )
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MrTapir
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

(does anyone other than Frenchie believe that was Porte Apologising? Surely a quiet "Good Day Sunday Ritchie" would have been enough from Quiptana (sic) )

I think he (FF) was joking and poking fun at Porte.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    In all the excitement, I've only just realised that Mollema, Ten Dam, Dan Martin, Rui Costa, J-Rod and Quintana lost 5 seconds to Froome, Valverde, Kreuziger and Contador. Not significant as far as the overall win obviously but sloppy and could impact the lesser places.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Look at Cav leaning into Tom while he is centred on his bike and going straight.
    L4QZG2Z.png
    No way FF, you can't have that one.
    To freeze frame a fraction of a second is not on.
    The video's tell the story about him looking back then nearly falling off as he moved into Cav's path.
    I take it you have never been in a charge to the line and had to stay upright with all the bumping and boring elbows in your side.

I know only whimps play Premiership Football these days but is that the way you want cycle racing to progress.
    So, as has been said many times on this thread.
    It was a racing accident, so live with it.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    "I prefer not to get involved in what happened, but if I had done that I would have been disqualified," Rojas told Spain's Cadena Ser radio according to AFP. "If it were up to me, Cavendish should have been disqualified."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    "I prefer not to get involved in what happened, but if I had done that I would have been disqualified," Rojas told Spain's Cadena Ser radio according to AFP. "If it were up to me, Cavendish should have been disqualified."

This is still Rojas or you're quoting youself!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Resurrecting stage 10 now!!
    It feels so dangerous, dirty and decadent.
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ok, Exaggerating.