TDF 2013 - Stage 10 *Spoiler*

Comments

• Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    LOL

Cavendish grabs the journalists recorder and goes back on the bus after he asked whether it was his fault. Sure sign of guilt. Petulant.

Cav should have stayed on the bus - that interview was never going to go well!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Get in! Get in! I TOLD you all Kittel would win! I had £5 on him at 7/1 - I'm rich! Oreo milkshakes are on me! :mrgreen:
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    There's a lot of lead out men around these days. I think these sorts of things are going to happen increasingly more frequently.

Personally, I think Cav was looking to sprint to the left and mistimed it.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    OPQS need to sort it out, cant get their guy home. Don't look good for the final stage.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • TMR
    Cav will be the star of the new Emirates sprint team next year anyway, if rumours are to be believed...
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    French TV reporting "no punishment for now" apparently. Whatever that means...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow, that finish tomorrow looks amazing. Once in a lifetime photos. I didn`t realise they went straight up to Mont St Michel.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Looked like Cav caused it, but unintentionally, and sh*t does indeed happen in sprints. People have been penalised for less, but anything more than last place on stage would be draconian. I'd say go over to Veelers to apologize personally, no penalty, and that's it.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    I guess if it was Greipel you would all be calling him out. All Cav had to do was wait one more m before pulling left.

Watch how Sagan moves out the way then back into the line.

Totally avoidable crash. Definitely should be penalized.
    Who's this 'you... all' you are referring to...? Plenty of people agreeing that Cav was heavy handed (shouldered), and could reasonably expect punishment. Why make it a divisive discussion?

You need to re-read some of your posts more carefully, sometimes the trolling is too obvious. Either that or you just have a problem with British riders / teams... Your snarky input is lame.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Cav will be the star of the new Emirates sprint team next year anyway, if rumours are to be believed...

Please elaborate...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    lets be fair about it, the argos rider was slowing up as his work was done, see's cav and thinks I'll get in the way a little to help kittel and plays for it. To be fair I'm more worried about in OPQS leadout in the final 2km.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Apparently no punishment for Cav.

That's a bit wrong.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    It's the premeditation suggestion that's wide of the Mark. Probably over-aggressive, but is he really putting a career at risk by deliberately barging a rider at 60kph? Doubt it.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TMR
    goonz wrote:

Please elaborate...

I read that the Emirates airline was going to sponsor a sprint based Pro Cycling Team structured around Cavendish. I haven't seen anything since and I don't know if it's utter BS or not because I can't remember where I read it.
  • Macaloon
    Slight movement to the right by TV just before impact.

788976585.gif?1373385470
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Lol, look at Cav grinding teeth when hitting him. The more I watch it the more dirty it gets.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Macaloon wrote:
    Veelergate: superficially, that's a big lean if you're just bracing for impact.

BOvpqXECMAEG3gG.jpg:large

Looks like Veelers is putting in a bit of a lean there too. Cav is definitely giving more though. Slap on the wrists, don't do it again for Cav. Can't see it being any more than that.

OPQS didn't do too bad a job, it was Cav who decided not to follow Steegmans. He went like a train up the outside straight to the front and Cav decided not to follow.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 7m

Just seen the sprint. I believe I didn't move line. I'm actually coming past Veelers & we touch elbows when he moves. Anyway, hope he's ok.
    Expand
    Mark Cavendish Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 11m

There's no way I'd move on a rider deliberately, especially one not contesting a sprint. I hope @tom_veelers is ok.
    Expand

Mark Cavendish Mark Cavendish ‏@MarkCavendish 16m

Not seen a replay of the final yet, but was involved in an incident with Tom Veelers. Whatever has happened, if I'm at fault, I'm sorry.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I'd DQ him.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Didnt see it live but have just watched the last 10k or so and it was not half as bad as i was expecting after the comments. Should still have been demoted to last place as he was in the wrong but i was expecting something a bit more dastardly!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    As ever

CVNDSH THCK S FCK
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Correct decision IMO. Veelers went left then right (watch his line relative to the centre markings on the road), punishing Cavendish would have 'rewarded' such a move and sent a bad message. Being deposited on his ar*e will serve as to show you shouldn't do it.

What Cavendish did didn't look good but he was in the closing stages of a sprint. Point is he shouldn't have to be dealing with fending off such a collision in the first place. It was hardly Theo Bos in Turkey was it?
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    As ever

CVNDSH THCK S FCK

Why on earth do you say that?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I actually wonder if Veelers has a mechanical, because as he stops pedalling and starts slowing he starts to look down, then moves weaves a touch. I'd be a bit keener to keep looking up if I'm travelling at 60kph having just tried to lead someone out.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Quite clearly Cavendish should be relegated to last place on the stage. Furthermore, Kittel should also be relegated as a punishment for the blatant blocking by his lead-out man. This is a totally unbiased view and is completely unrelated to the fact that I had Greipel for PTP. Honest.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Post race interview with Veelers: http://nos.nl/video/527680-veelers-nuch ... ndish.html
    He's saying Cavendish moved into him and hit his handlebars, pulling Veelers down. He doesnt seem particularly angry about it
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    hmmmm stuff
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Macaloon
    In other news, there would seem to be big problems at Sky. I doubt having only Stannard to pilot Froome through the last 20km was by design. Stannard was swamped a few times with Lopez and Suitsuo AWOL. This could get epic.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Macaloon wrote:
    In other news, there would seem to be big problems at Sky. I doubt having only Stannard to pilot Froome through the last 20km was by design. Stannard was swamped a few times with Lopez and Suitsuo AWOL. This could get epic.

I'm sure whatever happened on the day before the rest day to turn them all bar froome into donkeys will shake itself back out of their systems soon.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'd DQ him.
    Nah.

Racing incident