Brian Cookson to run for UCI President

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    All I hope is the vote to allow McQuaid to stand was to allow him to be soundly beaten.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Somebody should ask McQuaid what the capital of Morocco is. If he gets it right he can be a Moroccan for the day. But get it wrong and he's out.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Somebody should ask McQuaid what the capital of Morocco is. If he gets it right he can be a Moroccan for the day. But get it wrong and he's out.

Can that please be followed by asking him the capital of Thailand? If he gets it right Cookson can carry out the childish joke of punching him in the genitals.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    how embarrassing. When are the pro teams and organisers going to stand up to this joker and his bongo-bongo land supporters? (i don't know the history, it may have already happened)
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    gsk82 wrote:
    his bongo-bongo land supporters?

Racist
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    Radio 5 Sport headline at 11.00: "The election for the President for the UCI is expected soon..."

Radio 5 Sport headline at 12.00: "The election for the President for the UCI is expected to take place sometime today...."
  • "Neal Rogers ‏@nealrogers 10m
    McQuaid: "You don't change the captain when the ship is headed in the right direction.""

Tehcnically that's correct, but as Dimspace has pointed out:

"Dave (Dim) ‏@dimspace 2m
    Serious for a moment. Since McQuaid became president in 2005, 24 top level teams are no more."

Clearly the ship isn't actually headed in the right direction.
  • Richard Moore ‏@richardmoore73 1m
    Seems to be suggestion that because Swiss withdrew McQ nomination after 29 June their nomination stands. That's weird.

Someone mentioned a rabbit......
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Folks may be slightly misreading this 21-21 vote.
    I think the confused wording could easily have gotten lost in translation.
    I reckon some will have taken it to mean ever- and it is a valid motion.

Anyhow, I expect we'll get our answer..............................sometime this century.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Gerard Vroomen ‏@gerardvroomen 3m
    McQ logic on Swiss nomination: if an invalid nomination isn't found invalid until after nomination deadline, it is valid.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    r0bh wrote:
    Gerard Vroomen ‏@gerardvroomen 3m
    McQ logic on Swiss nomination: if an invalid nomination isn't found invalid until after nomination deadline, it is valid.
    He passed the tests, right?

(I've heard that somewhere before...)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Radio 5 Sport headline at 11.00: "The election for the President for the UCI is expected soon..."

Radio 5 Sport headline at 12.00: "The election for the President for the UCI is expected to take place sometime today...."
    In the grand tradition of these things, after a slap up long boozy lunch.
  • Journal Velo ‏@JournalVelo 38s
    McQuaid is putting out suspiciously high power numbers on this final climb #ucicongress
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gsk82
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    his bongo-bongo land supporters?

Racist

Nah, just a reference to comments made by recently sacked UKIP buffoon Godfrey Bloom
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • If McQuaid wins then Cookson will hopefully be grateful in defeat.

If Cookson wins I expect McQuaid to complain and litigate till the cows come home.
  • Der Kaiser wrote:
    If McQuaid wins then Cookson will hopefully be grateful in defeat.

If Cookson wins I expect McQuaid to complain and litigate till the cows come home.

If McQuaid wins, this is going to CAS. Makarov, Plant, a cast of thousands, will be fighting to lodge the complaint. And quite rightly. This has been an utter farce so far.
  • Neal Rogers ‏@nealrogers 23s
    Nine national federations have asked to speak on McQuaid's nomination validity. Each allowed 5 minutes max. Buckle up.
  • Neal Rogers ‏@nealrogers 23s
    Nine national federations have asked to speak on McQuaid's nomination validity. Each allowed 5 minutes max. Buckle up.

Absurd that all of this is happening during the Junior Girl's and Men's U23 races.
  • RichN95.
    2000 years ago this would all have been settled by a fight to the death. I feel we've regressed somehow.
  • "Neal Rogers ‏@nealrogers 2m
    Algeria: Very sorry to see this charade. I'd hoped to see U23 race today, instead we're talking about who is/isn't member of a federation"

Well said.
  • RichN95.
    Due to a mix up with bookings with Italy's Got Talent, a man dancing in a rabbit costume is now on stage. Meanwhile, next door the delegate from Suriname has got four nos from the judges for his speech about the UCI constitution - 'I don't really think this is the show for you'.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    What an utter shambles and the Algerians have firmly hit the nail on the head.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:

As they said that, an Algerian rider hit a bollard in the U23 race. Couldn't make this up.
  • the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 2m
    Cookson stands up and calls for a vote. So off we go, Cookson vs McQuaid into the final straight now as the 42 delegates get to vote
  • gpreeves wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

As they said that, an Algerian rider hit a bollard in the U23 race. Couldn't make this up.
    Well this is all bollards after all.

Fat Pat to win. Not the right result I know - but we always seem to lose on Penalties after extra time
    Can I upgrade???
  • gsk82
    great leadership there from Cookie

although this lot won't like such decisive action
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    where are you guys seeing this feed ?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • RichN95.
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    Twitter
  • ILM Zero7 wrote:

Twitter
  • ILM Zero7 wrote:

Neal Rogers' feed is my source:

https://twitter.com/nealrogers