Brian Cookson to run for UCI President

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Change Cycling Now ‏
    @cyclingchange 1m Cycling: CHANGED
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Brilliant. Bye bye Mcquaid. Now please disappear without a trace.
  • Well I have been to the hairdressers, done the food shopping for our upcoming huiswarming, bought some hydrangeas from the garden centre and made and eaten an omlette all in the time it has taken to formally see off McQuaid's pathetic attempt to cling on to power.

I must say though, such good news has made my day off :D

I might go out for a ride after this U23 race. It's such a nice day!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    iainf72 wrote:
    All that stuff earlier around the constitutions really scuppered McQuaid. Cookson played it well.

Now, about this 25K bribe..
    Yup. Sorting the paper work out is going to take some time.
    He has three years to try.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Well I have been to the hairdressers, done the food shopping for our upcoming huiswarming, bought some hydrangeas from the garden centre and made and eaten an omlette all in the time it has taken to formally see off McQuaid's pathetic attempt to cling on to power.

Everyone over to ATC's house for a celebration.
  • Someone change Fat Pat's Wikipedia entry - immediately, if not sooner.
    Can I upgrade???
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    This is good news.

Hopefully, finally, the UCI can start to move forward on a proper level footing where thoughtful, meaningful, strong management as well debate and discussion with all stakeholders can remove the governing body from the old school boy network and brown paper bags full of cash that it had become, and that its actually done for the love of the sport not the power and (corrupt) money that the position brings.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Turfle wrote:
    Well I have been to the hairdressers, done the food shopping for our upcoming huiswarming, bought some hydrangeas from the garden centre and made and eaten an omlette all in the time it has taken to formally see off McQuaid's pathetic attempt to cling on to power.

Everyone over to ATC's house for a celebration.

Steady on, I haven't got the booze in yet, I'm borrowing a friends bakfiets for that!
  • Cookson's just pulled off a face mask and revealed he was Pat McQuaid the whole time.

Didn't see that coming.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kaacp
    kaacp Posts: 93
    I've never been so glad in my life to see an Irish person NOT win something....

Here's to change.
    Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
    Charles M. Schulz
  • Kaacp wrote:

Here's to change.

But he isn't Irish, he's Thai...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Kaacp wrote:
    What about that time someone nominated Bono for the Nobel Peace Prize?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kaacp
    Kaacp wrote:

Here's to change.

But he isn't Irish, he's Thai...

They're welcome to him. :evil:
    Charles M. Schulz
  • kaacp
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kaacp wrote:

Ah now, leave Bono alone!
    Charles M. Schulz
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Well I have been to the hairdressers, .......

Where's the logic behind that, pray tell? :shock:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • kaacp
    According to http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-s ... -1.1542526, the vote took place in the former residence of Machiavelli.

How apt.
    Charles M. Schulz
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Kaacp wrote:
    According to http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-s ... -1.1542526, the vote took place in the former residence of Machiavelli.

How apt.
    Haha, that's genius, almost as bad as having a lying puppet as a mascot for the world championships :mrgreen:
  • UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 7m
    Silver medal for the Irish candidate! Great result for a country that is really only a minnow on the world stage!!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    But thank god they got rid of that corrupt gobsh!te.
  • Bo Duke wrote:

:?:
  • salsiccia1
    Bo Duke wrote:

:?:

Going out on your bike just having had your hair done?
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Ok I'll explain.... you paid for a hair do and now you're going straight out to mess it up?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Ah, ha! Don't worry fellas, I have very short hair, plus I like riding my bike more than I like having neat hair. Priorities! :D
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Kaacp wrote:
    Or the 1995 Eurovision Song Contest?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    this is great news for the sport but I think in the short term if he does what he said he would a huge painfull can of worms will be openned first and that won't be good for the sport. How he manages that will be key to how well he does
  • Good to see Team GB winning something this week anyway.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    @ffflow: Wanted; removal company, full house contents from Aigle to Craggy Island. Must accept paypal.”
    :lol:
  • salsiccia1
    sherer wrote:
    this is great news for the sport but I think in the short term if he does what he said he would a huge painfull can of worms will be openned first and that won't be good for the sport. How he manages that will be key to how well he does

Agreed. To some extent cycling can't sink much lower in the credibility stakes, so going through the skeletons in the closet (which everyone knows are there) shouldn't do more damage than has been done in the last 10 years. But as you say, managing the process and the outcome is key.
  • Did Cookson just ignore procedure and constitution to unilaterally declare Pat McQuaid's candidancy valid to suit his own political agenda?
  • Did Cookson just ignore procedure and constitution to unilaterally declare Pat McQuaid's candidancy valid to suit his own political agenda?

No, he proposed they move forward, this must have been seconded and agreed.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails