The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,688
    indyP wrote:
    The thing-a-majig (lower race?) that's supposed to sit flatly on forks is about 1cm away from resting point so it'll have to be bashed on with proper tools by LBS after all :(
    I've got the proper tool. Well, kind of. It's a bit of 1.5" drain pipe (clean) and a mallet. Hold the forks between your legs, don't stand them on the floor. This is assuming it's a 1.5" bottom race.

Oh, very nice MRS. I'm sure the boy will love it. How is he doing?
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    dhope wrote:
    Interesting... Flubit have come back with £485 for the CR1 SL.
    In 56cm... so, that's intriguing...

Well please don't hang about then. I'm feeling bad after your comments about hotukdeals - don't let this one slip away
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    keef66 wrote:
    Anyone else like me who ordered this week and still waiting to hear, I just got through to Westbrook on the phone (9th attempt!). Apparently the frames are expected from Scott tomorrow (Thurs) and will be despatched by 24h courier so should arrive Friday. Confirmatory email when despatched.

Im still waiting hear about delivery, but hopefully I can work from home on Friday with finders crossed that they'll be shipping (ordered mine on Tuesday, but they said they'd fit a SRAM press fit GXP BB for me before shipping). Doing a bit of research after placing the order (wrong way around I know :roll: ) it seems the frame doesn't have barrel adjusters. Is this a common thing, as both my Roubaix and Tifosi CK7 have them? Do you just not bother or do I need something extra (was hoping swap as much stuff over as possible from my Roubaix)?

cheers....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:

8959814879_9973ce5a76_z.jpg

Thanks. See for yourself, Veronese - very happy and very well, thank you!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    indyP wrote:
    Fitting the headset isn't hard: fit the race forks, press/tap in the cups, an then you're pretty much done. Cutting the steerer is, I suppose, the one "risky" task. Need to be careful not to inhale the dust.

OK, I'm working nights so am sleep-deprived and not really with it; but I shouldn't have two different sized bearing races should I? I've got one sized 41 x 30.15 which fits nicely inside the cups, and one sized 46 x 34.1 which doesn't. Surely I should have two of the smaller ones??

The smaller one is the lower race, but there should be two of the larger cups one for each side of the headset (I think!).

Got the two cups to press into the top & bottom of head tube but both bearing races should fit inside the cups, yes?
  • meanredspider
    [

Got the two cups to press into the top & bottom of head tube but both bearing races should fit inside the cups, yes?

Yes - something doesn't sound right with yours - I think the bearings are the same size
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    indyP wrote:
    Fitting the headset isn't hard: fit the race forks, press/tap in the cups, an then you're pretty much done. Cutting the steerer is, I suppose, the one "risky" task. Need to be careful not to inhale the dust.

OK, I'm working nights so am sleep-deprived and not really with it; but I shouldn't have two different sized bearing races should I? I've got one sized 41 x 30.15 which fits nicely inside the cups, and one sized 46 x 34.1 which doesn't. Surely I should have two of the smaller ones??

The smaller one is the lower race, but there should be two of the larger cups one for each side of the headset (I think!).

yes they should be the same size sorry I read it wrong. The 41 x 30.15 is the correct size, I have two that size, so looks like the 46 is the wrong one.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Luv2ride wrote:
    Doing a bit of research after placing the order (wrong way around I know :roll: ) it seems the frame doesn't have barrel adjusters. Is this a common thing, as both my Roubaix and Tifosi CK7 have them? Do you just not bother or do I need something extra (was hoping swap as much stuff over as possible from my Roubaix)?

cheers....

No - the stops are unthreaded.

You don't need any kind of barrel adjuster for the rear as the rear has it's own adjuster anyway. As for the front - you can use an inline adjuster for that if you need to - goes in the gear cable wherever you like between the shifter and the stop.

Good effort with the quick build MRS. Mine will probably be the slowest! :lol:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    i really want one :(
    spasypaddy wrote:
    BMC TM01 - FCN 0
    Look 695 (Geared) - FCN 1
    Cannondale CAAD 9 - FCN 2
    Premier (CX) - FCN 6
    Premier (fixed/SS) - FCN 3

Behave!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    alansd1980 wrote:
    I need some help deciding which of the 2 frames to keep.
    I have ordered one of the CR1 SL but today received the HTC Highroad addict RC.

I have no idea how I will send one of these back and as this is my first foray into high end road bikes I am a bit out my depth. This will be used for summer commuting and weekend rides. Unlikely to start racing anytime soon!

Any advice really gratefully received!

Why did you buy both? It's really cool, but the HTC Addict is going to be a hardcore racer and less suitable for your needs. Just send it back in it's original packing. It'll be about £15 with Parcelforce.

Bought the Addict when the CR1 were out of stock, then when they came back into stock thought best to order one and decide which to keep after having time to decide instead of making a rash decision. The latest batch will come in tomorrow so should be delivered friday.
    Decisions Decisions....
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • meanredspider
    Been out for the inaugural ride with the boy - he likes the bike - slight stretch for him (first road bike and his operation scar was uncomfortable). 15 trouble-free miles on a gorgeous Highland evening with my son makes the expense and effort worthwhile.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    indyP wrote:
    indyP wrote:

yes they should be the same size sorry I read it wrong. The 41 x 30.15 is the correct size, I have two that size, so looks like the 46 is the wrong one.

@rse. Must have been a packing error at Ritchey. Not Westbrook's issue but I'll drop them a mail and see if they can swop me a correct sized bearing.

Nice build MRS - and that weighs about 7kg?!

Edit - and thanks also for posting the pic cos it confirms to me that black 105 shifters are the way forward rather than silver.
  • meanredspider
    @rse. Must have been a packing error at Ritchey. Not Westbrook's issue but I'll drop them a mail and see if they can swop me a correct sized bearing

Nice build MRS - and that weighs about 7kg?!

Bummer about the bearing - I'm sure Westbrook will sort it.

Thanks. Yes, as close as I can measure on bathroom scales (with me then me & the bike). It probably slightly over 7kg but just a smidge. 7.1 or 7.2kg
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Veronese68 wrote:

8959814879_9973ce5a76_z.jpg

Thanks. See for yourself, Veronese - very happy and very well, thank you!

Hold on a minute is he riding on the pavement ...? :roll: :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • meanredspider
    itboffin wrote:
    Hold on a minute is he riding on the pavement ...? :roll: :lol:

And his dad is stood in the middle of the road :wink:

He's wearing jeans too :wink: Though I did insist he wore his lid and gloves for his very first spin around the cul-de-sac (that's how much I trust my own bike-building skills :wink: ). We subsequently did 15 miles entirely on the road :wink:
  • colm_gti
    colm_gti Posts: 173
    My new Sunday best....

935986_10151399149957493_733577753_n.jpg

It might have been cheap to buy, but lets not forget this is a premium level frameset, and it feels every bit of it, a joy to ride!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,868
    edited June 2013
    colm_gti wrote:
    My new Sunday best....

It might have been cheap to buy, but lets not forget this is a premium level frameset, and it feels every bit of it, a joy to ride!

That looks very nice - high saddle, quite a drop to the bars.
    Apologies if it has been said already, but what frame size is it, what height and what inside leg if you dinnae mind!

Is that the full default supplied amount of spacers and you have cut the steerer down?

Is that an inline seatpost...?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    colm_gti wrote:
    My new Sunday best....

Oh you complete b@stard! You've just cost me another £100!!! I had a sneaking suspicion that white saddle with white tape was the way to go, but I talked myself out of it as I already had a black Romin Evo Pro.

Gorgeous looking bike, Colm!

Great to hear your boy's enjoying his MRS

Mine's going to be another week or two, but it will be well worth the wait.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,868
    colm_gti wrote:
    My new Sunday best....

That looks very nice - high saddle, quite a drop to the bars.
    Apologies if it has been said already, but what frame size is it, what height and what inside leg?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • colm_gti
    Yep, high saddle, decent drop to the bars. Got the steerer cut to use all the spacers until I had it set up comfortably, still feels a little high with just the scott spacer under the stem, might slam it to the HT. Was on a 58cm frame previous to this, headtube was too tall and couldn't get a decent drop despite having a 10 degree stem slammed so went for the next size down, much, much better.

I'm 6'2", not sure of exact inseam, wear a 34" leg jeans...body is fairly used to being on a bike now though, probably not advisable for someone of my height to be on a 56cm frame...

Absolutely fantastic frame though, seriously light and responsive, love it!
  • colm_gti
    Another shot, for vanity sake...

970201_10151399372192493_1408094684_n.jpg
  • colm_gti
    While the white saddle and bartape look I've gone for does look good, it makes the bike look very Canyon-esque. I had every intention of going stealthy with a black saddle and black/grey bartape, but my arse likes Fizik Arione CX now, and I couldn't afford to fork out another £100 for a new black saddle on top of the cost of the frame, so used my current white one and matched it up with the white bartape.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    One thing I'm contemplating is getting mine lacquered. The matt paint finish is just hopeless. One finger mark and to get rid of it about all you can do is wash the frame with soapy water; what it will be like when it is actually properly dirty heaven knows! Compared to the Ribble that looks immaculate after a quick wipedown, this is the most impractical paint finish known to man!

Presume there are no particular pitfalls to getting clearcoats done on this sort of painted carbon finish?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    colm_gti wrote:
    While the white saddle and bartape look I've gone for does look good, it makes the bike look very Canyon-esque.

Hmm, I get your point. Stealth it is for now.
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    Where can I order this?
  • Ebay?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • cedar404
    cedar404 Posts: 176
    Just wondering if anyone who ordered via flubit has received their frame ?
    I used flubit and got a price of £479, my order status did nothing for 3 days and
    then went to cancelled. I ordered early enough that they had stock so I'm kinda
    curious as to what has gone on. I'm not too bothered as it was a frivolous purchase
    but it does seem like my order has been rejected perhaps in favour of someone
    paying full price direct to westbrook.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Just had confirmation mine will dispatch today and they've now totally sold out.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    itboffin wrote:
    Just had confirmation mine will dispatch today and they've now totally sold out.

Man :(. Why didn't I order this yesterday morning when I had the chance and sorted out talking to the wife later :(

I might have to buy some new wheels instead to cheer me up, at least that's an 'invisible' purchase.
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    itboffin wrote:

Man :(. Why didn't I order this yesterday morning when I had the chance and sorted out talking to the wife later :(

I might have to buy some new wheels instead to cheer me up, at least that's an 'invisible' purchase.

As quoted before they now have the Scott CR1 Pro for sale
    http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/frames-c6/road-frames-c112/scott-cr1-pro-hmf-road-frame-set-2012-p194664
    1370355119-06836600.jpg
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    How would you rate the 'pro' frame then? As I'm still tempted (although will probably leave it too long again, especially since I'd be comparing it to the SL)