The Scott CR1 SL Thread

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    rubertoe wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Because at 5 9-10 at a stretch with short legs and longer arms I'm smack in between 54-56 therefore if I go 54 I can always fit a longer stem and seat post, this has been my exp so far, this time I'll probably be totally wrong and end up looking like a circus clown.

I've been riding a 54 cannondale supersix evo the last week with a 110 stem which was at least 10cm to short IMO
    Oddly I also needed the saddle height about .5cm higher, not sure why that would be.

I've also been dropping my stack height this year to try and improve my somewhat non aero tuck.

Plus Rolf has a point regarding investment potential, having opened my savings account statement yesterday, I think I could probably get lunch and a coffee ...just about.

are you a giant?

929B8771-C1F9-40A2-9594-6973FA60279F-14063-00001153D6EDBA13_zpsfd2282bd.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    What are the odds on Asprilla ordering one before the day is out?
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    davis wrote:
    Hmm. I have a delivery expected between 12h58 and 13h58. :)

mine's expected a little earlier between 11.38 and 12.38. I'm 47 but feel like a kid at christmas, it's ridiculous.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    This thread is useless without pictures.

Has anyone received theirs yet? Or is it a massive fraud where anyone who hasn't bought one can point and laugh :wink:

Jealous of you all
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    go back to page 3 of this thread for pics - looks a lovely frame.
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    My 58cm frame arrived yesterday. I noticed a minor imperfection on the top-tube, but certainly not sufficient for me wet the bed and return the frame.

The carbon steerer on the fork is robust. I learnt this by dropping it on a marble fireplace when unpacking the box (note to self: do not unwrap delicate items like a an excited 5 year old) :roll:

Not going to build it up until July - need to get a decent set of lightweight hoops.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Origamist wrote:
    Not going to build it up until July - need to get a decent set of lightweight hoops.

Like these
    Lightweight hoops! :lol:
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Who is going to be the first person to get their frame turned into a bike? I expect to have mine complete by the weekend and possibly substantially complete by tomorrow (Wednesday) unless I've overlooked anything major. It'll be good to at least attempt to build it tomorrow so I can see if there's anything I'm missing so I can order it for the weekend.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What are the odds on Asprilla ordering one before the day is out?

About 20/1.

I've got Flubit looking at a Singular Peregrine frame and a Spot Mod SS Disc frame for me at the moment. Having a massive eBay clear out this weekend so who knows...
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Thinking about hoops, there's some good deals on Fulcrum Racing 3 Clincher sets, they come in at 1555g for the pair against Shimano RS80 Carbon laminates at 1521g.

Personally i think the Fulcrum's look nicer but people seem to rate the RS80's.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • indyp
    arrived and what a superb looking frame - better in the flesh than the photo on Westbrook imo. Extremely happy!
    I'm having a rethink about 3T kit now though, it'll have to be ok for now but may change it in the future. hmm black or white bar tape to match 3T arx-pro stem/ergonova bars?! I have a new roll of white Zipp Service so thinking of using that even if just for this summer.
  • indyp
    Origamist wrote:
    My 58cm frame arrived yesterday. I noticed a minor imperfection on the top-tube, but certainly not sufficient for me wet the bed and return the frame.

The carbon steerer on the fork is robust. I learnt this by dropping it on a marble fireplace when unpacking the box (note to self: do not unwrap delicate items like a an excited 5 year old) :roll:

it's not thin black mark on both sides of the TT is it? If so it'll rub off with a wet thumb, mine did.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Could anyone who has received their frame check a couple of things for me?

Is a cable guide fitted under the BB shell?

Does the front mech cable go through the BB shell at any point?

Am I right in thinking that the downtube cable stops are not threaded for barrel adjusters?
  • meanredspider
    keef66 wrote:

Is a cable guide fitted under the BB shell? - YES

Does the front mech cable go through the BB shell at any point? Through the frame, Yes

Am I right in thinking that the downtube cable stops are not threaded for barrel adjusters? Less sure on this but I think, no

See above
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • whitecot
    whitecot Posts: 10
    Okay, so I am really new to this. Can somebody please point me in the right direction for instructions on how to attach the forks? There are lots of rings and I am sure that there is only one right way to put them together but I would rather not make a mess at the start. It would also be good to make sure I have all of the bits!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    keef66 wrote:

Is a cable guide fitted under the BB shell? - YES

Does the front mech cable go through the BB shell at any point? Through the frame, Yes

Am I right in thinking that the downtube cable stops are not threaded for barrel adjusters? Less sure on this but I think, no

See above

Why, thank you kind sir.
  • meanredspider
    whitecot wrote:
    Okay, so I am really new to this. Can somebody please point me in the right direction for instructions on how to attach the forks? There are lots of rings and I am sure that there is only one right way to put them together but I would rather not make a mess at the start. It would also be good to make sure I have all of the bits!

Do be careful. I'm all for learning how to do stuff for yourself but this is a little like learning car maintenance on a supercar. It's do-able but needs lots of care as the frame will be pretty unforgiving. YouTube and the Park Tools websites are a good start point for a lot of the jobs. Also the manufacturer's website (Ritchey in this case) probably has exploded parts drawings showing assembly order if not fitting instructions.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Oi, meanredspider.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/scott-c ... 29-1571061

What's this - don't go wasting a proper deal on that site, leave it to bike forums :evil:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Mine's arrived. It's lush. I wasn't going to build it up for a while but I think I might have to start scouting for bits... Thinking understated (de-logo'd), and everything in gunmetal might be a good look. Yes, I'm bike-tarting already. What of it?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • dhope
    Bugger, the 56 is back out of stock. Oh well.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Any reviews anywhere or how this frame compares?
  • meanredspider
    dhope wrote:
    Oi, meanredspider.

What's this - don't go wasting a proper deal on that site, leave it to bike forums :evil:

Sorry - I figured anyone here who had wanted one has had a week to order one: you could hardly of missed it. It's been out-of-stock once. Anybody that's dithered clearly didn't really want one so I'm saving them from themselves :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    dhope wrote:
    Bugger, the 56 is back out of stock. Oh well.
    They were all sold to users of HotUKdeals.
  • dhope
    dhope wrote:
    Oi, meanredspider.

Sorry - I figured anyone here who had wanted one has had a week to order one: you could hardly of missed it. It's been out-of-stock once. Anybody that's dithered clearly didn't really want one so I'm saving them from themselves :wink:
    I was attempting to persuade myself that I needed a frame before I paid the deposit on the house. Was nearly there, I'd even looked at Ultegra Di2 and found someone else that'd made it work with that frame... :cry:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    You meant well meanredspider. I want one but I can't buy it so I will be very glad when they are all gone :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • meanredspider
    dhope wrote:
    I was attempting to persuade myself that I needed a frame before I paid the deposit on the house. Was nearly there, I'd even looked at Ultegra Di2 and found someone else that'd made it work with that frame... :cry:

Well - apologies if that's the case - if that had been me, I'd have ordered one on spec and returned it if I found a reason for not keeping it. Hopefully more will come into stock again or contact them and queue for a return (with the number that have been sold, some are bound to come back)
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I have a Trek 2.1 spec: http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/ro ... madone_2_1

Would all the components swap over? Possible exception of the front mech which is band on?
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    Being thick, but is the front derailleur clamp on?

What size is correct for someone at 6ft, I have ordered a 56 but wonder if I should have got a 58?
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    I guess tht the Trek components are pretty much interchangeable barring the seatpost which the CR1 requires a 31.6 as opposed to the Trek's 27.2 ?

Front mech also : CR1 requires braze-on, Trek is band-on but I think you can get adaptors for that.

Stem will be the same 1 1/8 fitting.

Brakes may require different nut to mount to the frame (longer/shorter).

New cables will e needed possibly - depends if the Trek has a longer or shorter run than the CR1.

Also chain - possibility that the CR1 has a longer chain-run ? Worth a new chain anyway unless chain, cassette and chainset are pretty new.