2014 Transfers

Comments

• hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Rémi Di Gregorio, having recently won his case against his former team, Cofidis, has now signed with La Pomme Marseille for next season.
  • hommelbier wrote:
    Rémi Di Gregorio, having recently won his case against his former team, Cofidis, has now signed with La Pomme Marseille for next season.

Good
  • RonB wrote:
    From Inrng - Trek announce Danilo Hondo and Giacomo Nizzolo stay for 2014. Also a new signing in Australia's Calvin Watson.
    Watson's likely to be a Frenchfighter favourite
    “I’m all about riding to data,” he said after referencing some of his SRM figures by way of an explanation of what sort of rider he is. “You train with data every day and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t look at it in a race. ‘Froomie’ might have, as they say, always been looking at his SRM but when you’ve done all the climbs and you know what power you can ride at then it makes sense to look because that’s the reality: the numbers that you’re putting out tell the story. You know what you can hold and I’m all for racing that way.
    http://www.ridemedia.com.au/?p=11244
  • double
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RonB wrote:
    From Inrng - Trek announce Danilo Hondo and Giacomo Nizzolo stay for 2014. Also a new signing in Australia's Calvin Watson.
    Watson's likely to be a Frenchfighter favourite
    “I’m all about riding to data,” he said after referencing some of his SRM figures by way of an explanation of what sort of rider he is. “You train with data every day and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t look at it in a race. ‘Froomie’ might have, as they say, always been looking at his SRM but when you’ve done all the climbs and you know what power you can ride at then it makes sense to look because that’s the reality: the numbers that you’re putting out tell the story. You know what you can hold and I’m all for racing that way.
    http://www.ridemedia.com.au/?p=11244

Lol, for a second I was worried there and thought I would have to get behind and Aussie...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Argos Shimano will have a new title sponsor next year:
    http://www.1t4i.com/team-argos-shimano- ... -sponsor/#
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbier wrote:
    Interesting one him.

Appeared. Drug rumours. Lots of hype. Vanished. Astana. Vanished again.

He certainly had potential when he burst on the scene a few years back.
  • frenchfighter
    The authorities killed his career. When you have a doping tar like he did even though he was shown to be innocent, understandably not many teams will be after you. He still has the legs though - been winning this year, albeit in the lower league where he has got a ride.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,450
    'parrantly Argos-Shimano have a new top sponsor....

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wiele ... OEG__.html
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,493
    not going to believe the Blythe to NFTO until it actually happens, some drop from riding with Gilbert, Evans, Husovd and Phinney to riding with Hank Lowsley Williams, Josh Hunt and Matt Rowe with all due respect to those guys. Rumours that they are paying Russ Downing 100k wonder how much they would have to pay Blythe, crazy money for a new conti team. wonder it they will have a calendar to back it up

I cant get my head around this team. They cant be paying Downing £100k surely. He was probably on that at Sky - and that's, what, 2/3x what the main guys are getting in the top UK domestic teams. I know that Endura were paying JTL around £30k just last year.

I'd be amazed too. The team manager is an occassional user of this site so maybe he can elaborate :wink: The team owner is pretty well off though (I think he now owns Swift bikes) and passionate about the sport - the riders on the team last year were probably given far better kit than those in 'bigger' teams as well as being paid and taken off to Alpine and Spanish training camps. I read somewhere that the owner's philosophy is 'why give a rider £15k of kit and not help put him in a position to train properly' or something along those lines. Hopefully they are on the first rung to bigger things.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Could Samuel Sanchez have ride next year with Belgian pro conti team Wanty-Groupe Gobert (ex Accents Jobs-Wanty)?

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131030_00817700
  • hommelbier wrote:
    Could Samuel Sanchez have ride next year with Belgian pro conti team Wanty-Groupe Gobert (ex Accents Jobs-Wanty)?

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20131030_00817700

Gawd, I hope Samu likes kernesses
  • frenchfighter
    M Marcato to Cannondale.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Argos Shimano will have a new title sponsor next year:
    http://www.1t4i.com/team-argos-shimano- ... -sponsor/#

Thanks to Kittel no doubt.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,190
    Gabriel Rasch is retiring after the classics to become a DS with Sky.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Heard that Emma Pooley will be back in 2014, riding for Lotto-Belisol.

Yay! Back riding full-time and for a major team. And surely that means riding the Womens Tour here next May

Whoop-di-doo! I admit to having a bit of a girl crush on Emma.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,237
    Heard that Emma Pooley will be back in 2014, riding for Lotto-Belisol.

Great news, although I was slightly hoping she would continue doing tri and running - she won a marathon last weekend in 2hrs 45!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,058
    surely that means riding the Womens Tour here next May

which means you may get to see Marion Rousse in the flesh. Win win.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • LLS wont be riding for Movistar:

Alejandro Valverde, Nairo Quintana, Andrey Amador, Jonathan Castroviejo, Alex Dowsett, Eros Capecchi, Javi Moreno, Sylwester Szmyd, Imanol Erviti, Iván Gutiérrez, José and Jesús Herrada, Beñat Intxausti, Pablo Lastras, Rubén Plaza, José Joaquín Rojas, Enrique Sanz, Francisco Ventoso and Giovanni Visconti.

The new signings are John Gadret (Ag2r La Mondiale), Ion and Gorka Izagirre (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Juanjo Lobato (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Adriano Malori (Lampre-Merida), Alejandro Marque (OFM), Dayer Quintana (Lizarte) and Jasha Sütterlin (Thuringer).

There are six riders who are leaving, namely former Vuelta winner Juan Jose Cobo, world champion Rui Costa (Lampre-Merida), Vladimir Karpets, Ángel Madrazo (Caja Rural-RGA), Argiro Ospina and Eloy Teruel (Jamis).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Rob Ruijgh, 20th in the GC of the TdF 2 years ago, signs for the new Belgian continental team Vastgoedservice, with what seems like mostly a Belgian kermesse programme. Tough times
    http://nos.nl/artikel/569421-ruijgh-zet ... -2014.html
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,271
    ThomThom wrote:
    Stannard is a beast in the making. Surely he's worrying more about how much rather than where to.

Word is he's getting a very big increase with his new contract.

Not wrong there. Looks like someone's been over-celebrating...
    IMG_2717.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Stannard is a beast in the making. Surely he's worrying more about how much rather than where to.

Word is he's getting a very big increase with his new contract.

Not wrong there. Looks like someone's been over-celebrating...
    IMG_2717.jpg
    What's with the helmet?
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    What's with the helmet?[/quote]

Its Barney Storey, paralympian, not Stannard after pie festival
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,597
    LLS wont be riding for Movistar:

Alejandro Valverde, Nairo Quintana, Andrey Amador, Jonathan Castroviejo, Alex Dowsett, Eros Capecchi, Javi Moreno, Sylwester Szmyd, Imanol Erviti, Iván Gutiérrez, José and Jesús Herrada, Beñat Intxausti, Pablo Lastras, Rubén Plaza, José Joaquín Rojas, Enrique Sanz, Francisco Ventoso and Giovanni Visconti.

The new signings are John Gadret (Ag2r La Mondiale), Ion and Gorka Izagirre (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Juanjo Lobato (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Adriano Malori (Lampre-Merida), Alejandro Marque (OFM), Dayer Quintana (Lizarte) and Jasha Sütterlin (Thuringer).

There are six riders who are leaving, namely former Vuelta winner Juan Jose Cobo, world champion Rui Costa (Lampre-Merida), Vladimir Karpets, Ángel Madrazo (Caja Rural-RGA), Argiro Ospina and Eloy Teruel (Jamis).

I'm guessing that Dowsett's spanish is going to be pretty decent....
  • Anyone know where Leukemans is headed?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • “Desperate needs lead to desperate deeds,” Weening said. “Rasmussen comes up with different stories every time. He declared something else when he was under oath at the court. It’s obvious he is frustrated because he lost the case against Rabobank.”

Rasmussen received €665,000 in damages when a court found that Rabobank wrongfully sent him home from the 2007 Tour de France while the Dane was in the yellow jersey. Both parties appealed the decision and when Rasmussen eventually lost, he had to re-pay the original sum.

Grischa Niermann, who was also part of the 2007 Rabobank Tour de France team has also reacted to Rasmussen's statement that 100% of the team was on doping. “I don’t know where he gets that from,” the now-retired German rider said on national television. “I can say for myself that I only received vitamins and supplements from the team doctor but no banned substances.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,190
    Anyone know where Leukemans is headed?
    Wanty. (Formerly Accent Jobs)

Unrelated, but the rumour mill is saying that Horner is joining United Healthcare
    Twitter: @RichN95