• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Scarponi yet to sign. I suspect Astana.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,524
    Scarponi yet to sign. I suspect Astana.

Or retirement?

He does take a good photo though, always looks like he belongs back in the black and white age battling up an unsurfaced mountain road with tyres around his shoulders.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Former U23 World Champion Romain Sicard confirmed as moving from Euskaltel-Euskadi to Europcar - his first time with a French team.
  • hommelbier
    A list here of all those riders still without a contract for 2014. Website in French but easy to read the list :)

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-saison-2014-liste-de-coureurs-encore-sans-contrat-36557.html
  • Surprised no one wanted to take UK Youth on. Off the back of Team Sky there needs to be some other UK teams taking up the slack and filling out the peloton.
  • frenchfighter
    LLS to Movistar according to El Perodico journalist Sergi Lopez-Egea. Unzue said there was contact but no deal as yet.

Movistar have a bit too much cash to splash imo. They are 10x more exciting but Sky and have some real natural talent on board but still have that monopolistic feel like Blue Boy Band.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Replacement in riding style for Rui Costa perhaps?
  • frenchfighter
    Similar types yes.

-

Sicard to Europcar. Hope they whip him into shape.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,191
    Movistar have a bit too much cash to splash imo.
    I don't think that's true. It's well known that they had to get rid of Costa to fund Quintana's pay rise. They've got a very modest budget. Sanchez will be dirt cheap at the moment - it's a buyers market and LLS is damaged goods.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Fair enough. RoE is superb then.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,222
    Will they even have to pay Sanchez? He's been paid off by Belkin, presumably well given he went without complaint, so is essentially available for free. I'd imagine the rules mean anyone riding for a WT team needs to be on the minimum wage, but I doubt LLS can negotiate much above that.
  • andyp
    The RoE is superb as long as a) he wins some races and b) doesn't embroil them in another doping scandal.
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:
    The RoE is superb as long as a) he wins some races and b) doesn't embroil them in another doping scandal.

Agreed, but was referring more to the team in general rather than just LLS.

Admittedly LLS did save Rabobank as none of their dutch riders could win anything before he turned up and got some super wins for them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbier
    Former Tour de l'Avenir (2011) winner Johan Esteban Chaves joining Orica Greenedge from Team Colombia
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Stannard is a beast in the making. Surely he's worrying more about how much rather than where to.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Stannard is a beast in the making. Surely he's worrying more about how much rather than where to.

Word is he's getting a very big increase with his new contract. I thought he might be on his way elsewhere - OPQS? - but the longer its gone on, I'd say it look like he's staying. If he was off to eg OPQS, Lefevere would surely have been crowing by now
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    ThomThom wrote:

Word is he's getting a very big increase with his new contract. I thought he might be on his way elsewhere - OPQS? - but the longer its gone on, I'd say it look like he's staying. If he was off to eg OPQS, Lefevere would surely have been crowing by now
    OPQS is full now, surely
  • FJS wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

OPQS is full now, surely

I honestly dont know, FJS. Have they given out a 'we're full now' message as BMC have? They've signed up neo-pros like Alaphilippe which increases their permitted number of riders. But I dont know whether they're at their limit.
  • Gadret to Movistar
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    FJS wrote:
    OPQS is full now, surely
    I honestly dont know, FJS. Have they given out a 'we're full now' message as BMC have? They've signed up neo-pros like Alaphilippe which increases their permitted number of riders. But I dont know whether they're at their limit.
    I though De Gendt was their 30th rider, and he could only get in when another sale fell through
  • FJS wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    OPQS is full now, surely
    I though De Gendt was their 30th rider, and he could only get in when another sale fell through

Ah, OK
  • Seems that Adam Blythe's been dropped by BMC
  • andyp
    Really? I thought he was Gilbert's favourite. It's very late in the season to be told you've not got a ride next year, especially in the current market.
  • andyp
    He's definitely not on the list here;

http://www.bmcracingteam.com/index.php?id=115&tx_ttnews[year]=2013&tx_ttnews[month]=10&tx_ttnews[day]=18&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2377&cHash=768c3a6da551f30fcf7d58f50ad7aac7
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    John Lee Augustyn to MTN-Qhubeka
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Pleased for the guy. He had a nightmare with that hip operation business.

Time to resurrect this in his honour
    http://www.ina.fr/video/I13123785
  • andyp wrote:
    Really? I thought he was Gilbert's favourite. It's very late in the season to be told you've not got a ride next year, especially in the current market.

He is Pip's mate. I think Blythe only got a second chance with his previous contract extension because of this, and because Sciandri put in a good word for him. But Allan Pieper's now cracking the whip at BMC and things are a-changing.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Brilliant to see John-Lee Augustyn back at that level.

Also, if not previously mentioned, Caleb Ewan to Orcia as stagiaire for 2014, and full-time in 2015. Big signing.
  • frenchfighter
    iainf72 wrote:

Can see him doing domestique work for Froome whenever they ride together.

ps. this is the rider some of you will be backing:
    BW6xm57IcAAPrn_.jpg:large

He likes to rock socks like this:
    1012757_513471668706222_939436780_n.jpg

And rides an MTB:
    BVQ7d-RIEAIAeb2.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest