Gatis Smukulis
    Simon Spilak
    Yuri Trofimov
    Alexei Tsatevich
    Angel Vicioso
    Eduard Vorganov
    Anton Vorobyev

--

Have Sky finalised their roster? Wonder if they might go for Anton or Samu...both still without a contract.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lots of new Colombians moving up a league (from Cnews):

WT
    BMC (Atapuma)
    Garmin (Acevedo)
    Movistar (Dayer Quintana)
    Orica (Chaves)
    Radioshack (Arredondo)
    Sky (Sebastian Henao)

PCT
    Caja Rural (Heiner Parra)
    Colombia (Diaz, Pantoja, Paredes)
    United Healthcare (Isaac Bolivar)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • "Radioshack (Arredondo)"

Weird season he's had, mint early on, to getting smashed by Cheung, then disappearing and suddenly the Japan Cup.

Anyway, Eibegger off to Baku and O'Brien to Genesys...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:
    John Lee Augustyn to MTN-Qhubeka

Can see him doing domestique work for Froome whenever they ride together.

Depends. Some say he's an enormous natural talent. Which was why Sky hired him, just that hip thing wrecked him.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Scarponi to Astana
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    Not happy about that. Nasty looking kit and he will just be a strong helper.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Daniel Friebe @ friebos
    Scarponi to Astana, says Gazzetta. Risky business.

Quite.

EDIT

Follow up tweet:

Daniel Friebe @ friebos
    In a market flooded with cheap talent, some teams still taking high stakes, high-price gambles
  • Blimey. Blythe's joining the new NFTO conti team
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    He wasn't on the 2014 BMC team list so I wondered where he was going...
  • Ed-tron
    Ed-tron Posts: 165
    edited October 2013
    Blimey. Blythe's joining the new NFTO conti team

Crikey

This'll affect the number of bromance pics with Blythe, Phinney and Gilbert :(

Edit. Oops, didn't see similar chat on previous page.

With some teams folding, there is so much world tour talent out there, teams can make every last roster place count and be competitive. Pressure on BMC to improve also.
  • Crampeur
    Quality team though... Sean Yates as DS, Dean/Russ Downing riding
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Bit of a shocker. Wonder if he had reasons other than lack of offers for dropping quite so many levels were.

Another very good signing for NFTO though.
  • Crampeur
    I thought his contract just wasn't renewed?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Turfle wrote:
    Bit of a shocker. Wonder if he had reasons other than lack of offers for dropping quite so many levels were.

Not sure where else you'd expect him to go that is any "better" - probably as good a domestic option as there is right now.
  • not going to believe the Blythe to NFTO until it actually happens, some drop from riding with Gilbert, Evans, Husovd and Phinney to riding with Hank Lowsley Williams, Josh Hunt and Matt Rowe with all due respect to those guys. Rumours that they are paying Russ Downing 100k wonder how much they would have to pay Blythe, crazy money for a new conti team. wonder it they will have a calendar to back it up
  • Turfle
    BigMat wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

Not sure where else you'd expect him to go that is any "better" - probably as good a domestic option as there is right now.

There are plenty of World Tour teams whose cobbles squads would be improved with Blythe in. At the very least I'd expect him to get offers from those Pro Conti teams that get invites to the Belgian races.
  • Turfle
    I'm trying to remember which race it was where he was the only guy who could hold Cancellara's wheel, but my brain is struggling today.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,190
    Turfle wrote:
    I'm trying to remember which race it was where he was the only guy who could hold Cancellara's wheel, but my brain is struggling today.
    Tour of Qatar I think.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Turfle
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:
    Tour of Qatar I think.

Well remembered.

And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5Q8sQumrc
  • not going to believe the Blythe to NFTO until it actually happens, some drop from riding with Gilbert, Evans, Husovd and Phinney to riding with Hank Lowsley Williams, Josh Hunt and Matt Rowe with all due respect to those guys. Rumours that they are paying Russ Downing 100k wonder how much they would have to pay Blythe, crazy money for a new conti team. wonder it they will have a calendar to back it up

I cant get my head around this team. They cant be paying Downing £100k surely. He was probably on that at Sky - and that's, what, 2/3x what the main guys are getting in the top UK domestic teams. I know that Endura were paying JTL around £30k just last year.
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    not going to believe the Blythe to NFTO until it actually happens, some drop from riding with Gilbert, Evans, Husovd and Phinney to riding with Hank Lowsley Williams, Josh Hunt and Matt Rowe with all due respect to those guys. Rumours that they are paying Russ Downing 100k wonder how much they would have to pay Blythe, crazy money for a new conti team. wonder it they will have a calendar to back it up

I cant get my head around this team, Turfle. They cant be paying Downing £100k surely. He was probably on that at Sky - and that's, what, 2/3x what the main guys are getting in the top UK domestic teams. I know that Endura were paying JTL around £30k just last year.

Adam had a disappointing season, the Downings and McCallum are nothing like they were and are probably in for one last pay day. Other than a couple of youngsters with potential there is little strength in depth. A long way short of where Endura were in their final season.

JTL probably had a hike to that level after his early successes. Guys who won rounds of the Tour Series & Premiers and made podiums in Europe were on just about half that (around 15k).
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Just because he is from UK doesnt mean there should be outrage or disappointment he should be dropped from a team. Reserve that for a quality rider like Samu.

BMC would probably get more RoE from hiring Tao.

I even made this topic:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12882045

Dont forget it means we will not have to see his appalling Nikes:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12836113

He is a 5 year pro too not some 2 year in lad.

Bye Bye Blythe.

Worth mentioning though in case you didnt know that he is the one smiling when he goes back home.
    tumblr_mj0zkcsCZ41r19drmo3_500.jpg
    tumblr_mj0zkcsCZ41r19drmo2_250.jpg

Same as Fenn
    bettiniphoto_0098031_1_full_600.jpg
    Was meant to be good but was nothing this year...not sure if he is still going to be with OPQS next year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Van der Haar going to Argos-Shimano, Argos' development squad. Could be another crosser doing well on the road a la Stybar

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrenn ... Haar_Argos
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,218
    Classy post, FF. Really classy.
  • Crampeur
    Apparently only 25% of riders without contract this year have found teams.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,190
    Cannondale have upgraded themselves to team owners and bought a majority share. They've also told Oleg Tinkoff to get stuffed.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cannondale have upgraded themselves to team owners and bought a majority share. They've also told Oleg Tinkoff to get stuffed.
    That is probably not a bad move at all for them, I wonder why they told him to get stuffed, just because he is a douche or something more?
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Rumours that they are paying Russ Downing 100k
    They cant be paying Downing £100k surely.
    Maybe £100k for both the Downings?
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:
    Classy post, FF. Really classy.

Do you care to elucidate on what you take most umbrage with?
    Contador is the Greatest