2014 Transfers

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hommelbier wrote:
    Sébastien Chavanel leaving Europcar to join FDJ (as lead out man for Nacer Bouhanni)

I assume he will want more freedom to go for grand tour stages as well as smaller one week races as well
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    sjmclean wrote:
    hommelbier wrote:
    Sébastien Chavanel leaving Europcar to join FDJ (as lead out man for Nacer Bouhanni)

I assume he will want more freedom to go for grand tour stages as well as smaller one week races as well
    He'll get that freedom when he displays even a fraction of his brother's ability.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    RichN95 wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    hommelbier wrote:

He'll get that freedom when he displays even a fraction of his brother's ability.

Apologies, misread it as the brother.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Chris Horner hasn't got a ride next year???? Bonkers!!

I think I heard that De Gent has had a 70% wage reduction to get a contract. Not suprising riders dope. :?
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Hermans is signing with BMC

Still nada for Samu :(
  • That's possible - would make sense with the Kemo bikes rumour too - big ask for them to provide bikes for Pro Tour requirements. Wild card for all 3 GTs - big ask even for Riis?

KEMO tweet this morning:

@KEMOBikes: KEMO will not sponsor Saxo Bank Professional Team. The KEMO bikes were offered as demo bikes during the Saxo Bank Italy event. Nothing else.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    My guess, and this is purely speculation, is that Alonso will be signing up with Saxo-Bank for next year as a minimum.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    That's possible - would make sense with the Kemo bikes rumour too - big ask for them to provide bikes for Pro Tour requirements. Wild card for all 3 GTs - big ask even for Riis?

KEMO tweet this morning:

@KEMOBikes: KEMO will not sponsor Saxo Bank Professional Team. The KEMO bikes were offered as demo bikes during the Saxo Bank Italy event. Nothing else.

Their website suggests they'll be sponsoring someone, but not necessarily pro tour.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Europcar`s Bernaudeau:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bernaud ... 0-per-year

Horner`s agent offered Horner at 750k/yr
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Beggars can't be choosers - an that aint begging - but it will be what his money grabbing agent will be tasked with doing pretty soon.
    Can I upgrade???
  • dont know about this agent, but from interviews like this one its Horner himself who has a very strong position re what he thinks he's worth

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/10/ ... -41_304993

But yeah, nothing like a whiff of desperation - added to the fact its a buyers market, plus perception of him - to send his asking price spiralling right down
  • True, but how much of this comes from his own grossly inflated opinion of his own worth - and how much has come from his agent winding him up to the believe it. Who knows. The agent obviously get a percentage of this so its in his best interests.
    Horner is just trying to max out his retirement pot, but he's just as likely to end up with sweet FA.
    Can I upgrade???
  • andyp
    Horner has a contract offer on the table from Trek, but doesn't feel it matches what he's worth. If he can't find anyone else prepared to pay that, then he can always remain at Trek.

You can't blame him for testing the waters and $750k is cheap for a GT winner even when you factor in his age.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    andyp wrote:
    Horner has a contract offer on the table from Trek, but doesn't feel it matches what he's worth. If he can't find anyone else prepared to pay that, then he can always remain at Trek.

You can't blame him for testing the waters and $750k is cheap for a GT winner even when you factor in his age.

Mr Horner needs to learn that the value or worth of something is only ever what someone is prepared to pay for it.
  • frenchfighter
    Sanchez rejected reports that he has agreed a deal to join his good friend Alberto Contador at Saxo Bank. “Up to now there has been no contact with the Saxo Bank team. Let’s hope there is,” he said.

--

SaxoBank announcement will be later today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    BWNC23qIUAAh2qk.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    Coriander wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Mr Horner needs to learn that the value or worth of something is only ever what someone is prepared to pay for it.

He's learning that right now, isn't he?
  • andyp
    Sanchez rejected reports that he has agreed a deal to join his good friend Alberto Contador at Saxo Bank. “Up to now there has been no contact with the Saxo Bank team. Let’s hope there is,” he said.

--

SaxoBank announcement will be later today.

They've agreed to up their level of investment for 2014 to ensure the team continues.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
  • andyp
    Teklehaimanot to join MTN-Qhubeka;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tekleha ... tn-qhubeka

A good move for both I think.
  • frenchfighter
    Nice on both counts Andy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    BWNC23qIUAAh2qk.jpg:large

Damn, if I'd known.....
    the whole Garmin team did it a while back and Kelly often rides there when he's in town.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Confirmation of Jimmy Engoulvent from Sojasun to Europcar (twitter)

"Je me suis engagé pour 2 ans avec @TeamEuropcar_fr , heureux de rejoindre l'équipe qui m'a permis de passer pro. Merci de leurs confiances."
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Tao Geoghegan Hart makes the move to Bissell (currently Bontrager) next year. Quite the step up.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -team.html
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    After his good ride in the four man break in yesterday's Paris-Tours it's nice to see Yannick Martinez moving up from La Pomme-Marseille to Europcar next year (according to his twitter account)

"C'est officiel. Contrat signé pour 2 ans au @TeamEuropcar_fr . Je remercie Jean René Bernaudeau pour sa confiance."
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sam Bennet to NetApp Endura
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Sam Bennet to NetApp Endura

Great news :)
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Sam Bennet to NetApp Endura

Great news :)

super deserving, well done Sam
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition