2014 Transfers

Comments

• Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Tinkov confirmed as new co-sponsor of Cannodale. Talk of a possible new sponsor for Saxo though.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Green and yellow? It'll look like a Norwich kit...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,931
    iainf72 wrote:
    Few hints via twitter that Dave Zabriskie is retiring

Who knows

Vaitkus doesn't have a gig either and sounded pretty angry about it too.

Has he done anything of note this year?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    NapD is without a team for next year still despite talks with Garmin. Well, I asked JV for a contract. He ignored the tweet.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • ad_snow wrote:
    Couple of rungs down again but Graham Briggs will be re-joining Rapha Condor JLT for next season.
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2014.html

delete post
  • Wetterhall doesnt get a continuing gig with NetApp-Endura
  • Art Vandelay
    Kreuziger and Majka off to Cannondale-Tinkoff?

"Majka and Kreutzeger[sic] are always good,we are ready to see them in our next team. This will be spectacular cycling project,we announce it soon" so says Oleg.

Via @tourdejose - Riis has only 14 riders signed. According to Nieuwsblad there is a €6 mln budget gap.

Difficult couple of weeks for Bjarne.
  • Kreuziger and Majka off to Cannondale-Tinkoff?

"Majka and Kreutzeger[sic] are always good,we are ready to see them in our next team. This will be spectacular cycling project,we announce it soon" so says Oleg.

Via @tourdejose - Riis has only 14 riders signed. According to Nieuwsblad there is a €6 mln budget gap.

Difficult couple of weeks for Bjarne.

Hmm. Majka and Kreuziger are both just 1 year into 3 year contracts at Saxo. Tinkov stirring.
  • Art Vandelay
    Riis - "we'll leave specualtion to the press":
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/video-r ... -saxo-bank

I could see Cannondale pulling out of a Tinkoff deal before it's signed as well.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Riis - "we'll leave specualtion to the press":
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/video-r ... -saxo-bank

I could see Cannondale pulling out of a Tinkoff deal before it's signed as well.

That would be good. The sooner Tinkoff is out of the sport the better.
  • Paul 8v
    Cannondale should be sponsored by Saeco again, used to love the Red Cannondales.
  • Art Vandelay
    Saxo Bank press conference in Madrid on Thursday - "Important news about the future of the team". Riis and Contador will be present.
  • Art Vandelay
    You'd suspect it's most likely good news - new co-sponsor for 2014? Possible new bike sponsor (rumours Specialized out. Kemo bikes?)? Or perhaps new backer for 2015...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    You'd suspect it's most likely good news - new co-sponsor for 2014? Possible new bike sponsor (rumours Specialized out. Kemo bikes?)? Or perhaps new backer for 2015...

I've never heard of Kemo bikes, but a quick look on their website and apparently there'll be an announcement of the sponsorship of a pro team on the 15th November.
  • 6m euros is a massive hole to fill

How about ProConti for a year? Know it sounds ludicrous but they'll be guaranteed wildcards to all 3 GTs, and pretty much any major races they want to ride
  • Art Vandelay
    That's possible - would make sense with the Kemo bikes rumour too - big ask for them to provide bikes for Pro Tour requirements. Wild card for all 3 GTs - big ask even for Riis?
  • hmm...I'm going to put my cycnical head on and wonder if Greg has a contract elsewhere, hence no need for the team.

I am guessing you are talking about UK Youth and Greg Mansell? I know his fiance is pregnant and also he is focusing on track over the winter with the aim of doing it at the commonwealths which could be part of the reason?

I spoke to Tobyn the day before it was announced and he thought it was just rumours and had no idea it was actually happening but isn't too worried about not finding a team for next year. There is some good riders in there that will be looking for rides.

Jack Anderson who rode for Endura in 2011/2012 has signed for Drapac who have applied to go Pro Conti.
  • Paul 8v
    inseine wrote:

I've never heard of Kemo bikes, but a quick look on their website and apparently there'll be an announcement of the sponsorship of a pro team on the 15th November.
    That would make sense as Contador did a visit there the other day
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    Check out the photo on the kemo Facebook page
  • Paul 8v
    What, the one that says 'The bikes are ready for the saxo bank event' possibly a bit of a giveaway!
  • Francisco Mancebo about to sign for Sky.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=66442

(that's Sky Dive Dubai) :wink:
  • Belkin are paying off on LL Sanchez's remaining 2 years of his contract and booting him out. Don't want the odour of doping scandals that hangs around him.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wiele ... _af__.html
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Belkin are paying off on LL Sanchez's remaining 2 years of his contract and booting him out. Don't want the odour of doping scandals that hangs around him.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wiele ... _af__.html

In English:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/belkin- ... s-contract

This seems like an odd thing to do to me as it is a huge amount to give up...assuming it is for the entire amount? or would the two parties have come to a consensus?

If he knew this in May, I`m guessing he has tried to find a new team.

Not sure why the news only came out now either.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lampre-Merida, Cannondale, Astana and Europcar are all options for Scarponi at the moment.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Jonathan Hivert from Sojasun to Belkin Pro Cycling (filling the slot left by LLS?)
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Excuse my ignorance, but is there a date by which all transfers have to be completed and do the UCI publish all teams rostas any where or is it up to individual teams to do so on their own websites etc. ?

Thanks.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,222
    Lampre-Merida, Cannondale, Astana and Europcar are all options for Scarponi at the moment.

Bernardeau has swiftly shown that for what it is, agent speak. He's no interest in Scarponi. One wonders if Astana or Cannondale are genuinely interested too, or whether it's a ruse to try and up the offer Lampre-Merida have made.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Sébastien Chavanel leaving Europcar to join FDJ (as lead out man for Nacer Bouhanni)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,101
    Amantes del Ciclismo ‏@amantes_cycling 25m
    Peter Sagan termina contrato con Cannondale en 2014 pero con la llegada de Tinkov parece que renovará cobrando 4.000.000 € anuales.

Retweeted by Mikkel Condé v2.0
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,222
    Looks like Ted King will remain with Cannondale next year.