Dozy mare!

Comments

• keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Apology? More like oh woe is me, aren't I the victim. No apology for the attitude nor the bad driving, rather just sending the tweet.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    One of the best non-apology apologies I have ever seen.

If her career as an accountant is buggered she'll do just fine as a politician.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    I just watched the full interview (http://vimeo.com/66749086)

Could someone please confirm if I heard what I think I heard at 1 minute 40 secs from a the guy who is presumably her solicitor (and I also assume making a case for her defence).
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    That was awful.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    ....heartfelt apology NOT.... the only thing she is sorry for is getting caught out by her own stupidity... DORK...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,766
    Ride hard wrote:

Could someone please confirm if I heard what I think I heard at 1 minute 40 secs from a the guy who is presumably her solicitor (and I also assume making a case for her defence).
    The bit about her being a cyclist? That was laughable. The whole thing was laughable. She repeated that she's a cyclist herself at the end. Could somebody tell these phucktards that learning to ride a bike when you're at primary school and ditching the thing as soon as you can drive does not make you a cyclist when you're an adult.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Ride hard wrote:
    She looked like she'd been through the ringer. I wonder what will happen with the prosecution.

Hopefully what will come out of this will a sense that cyclists are human beings like everyone else, and its not OK mouth off about them in this way, like it isn't about acceptable to do so about other groups.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Oh dear.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Did someone upthread say she'd also posted photos on facebook of her speedo at 95mph?
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Oh dear.... Body language is way off from her watch the eye movement the glances to the left indicate constructed memory, not fool proof but she does do it a lot and it's involuntary . She has been prep'ed for the answers by someone and isn't is given scripted answers guess it her solicitor with her. No idea who did the interview but it is clearly edited I suspect the solicitor with her had ensured editorial control befor publishing, who is interviewer?

Ps don't play poker without wearing sunglasses
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    abba3.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Ah yes...

As noted in road.cc:
    As I've had it pointed out to me (after I blew my top in indignation on twitter), she can only apologise for the tweet, not her supposed actions, as she will have been advised by her lawyer and/or insurance company to say nothing whatsoever about the incident itself.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    daviesee wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Surely the best punishment would be removing her license for a year and forcing her to cycle ie no public transport either.
    Such a simple but genius punishment! :P

its often been said i'm very simple :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kieran_Burns
    ...and then I watched the full interview.

It's a good thing I don't own a cat. It'd be feline football for a week if I did...
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • itboffin
    abba3.jpg

oh man i could eat that now
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Love the way her solicitor says that he hopes the police will look past the hype and realise this was just an unfortunate incident. You mean aside from the fact that she hit a cyclist with her car and drove off without stopping or reporting the incident? Unfortunate incident? D1ckhed...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    Love the way her solicitor says that he hopes the police will look past the hype and realise this was just an unfortunate incident. You mean aside from the fact that she hit a cyclist with her car and drove off without stopping or reporting the incident? Unfortunate incident? D1ckhed...

and documented her own evidence of breaking the speed limit multiple times
  • She said she didn't stop because the cyclist, who she couldn't see, wasn't visibly hurt.

She said she wasn't sure there had been a collision, but her tweet said "Definitely hit a cyclist".

She's learned nothing from this. I cycle to work on roads she may well drive on.
  • sketchley
    The solicitor and her, are quoting classic mitigating circumstance from the sentencing guidelines for the offence.... A tactic designed to reduce the sentence.
    --
    Chris

• itboffin
    She said she didn't stop because the cyclist, who she couldn't see, wasn't visibly hurt.

She said she wasn't sure there had been a collision, but her tweet said "Definitely hit a cyclist".

She's learned nothing from this. I cycle to work on roads she may well drive on.

The cyclist was thrown off his bike into the hedge which takes some impact and she was as she has documented most likely speeding, how could she know he wasnt hurt or even dead?
  • sketchley
    itboffin wrote:
    She said she didn't stop because the cyclist, who she couldn't see, wasn't visibly hurt.

The cyclist was thrown off his bike into the hedge which takes some impact and she was as she has documented most likely speeding, how could she know he wasnt hurt or even dead?

That's not the point, there are documented mitigating circumstance in the sentencing guidelines, posted earlier, the solicitor and her are quoting these in an attempt to reduce sentence, this is the right move for them but ultimately is undermined somewhat by tweet saying she definitely know a cyclist off..... Hopefully the magistrate will see through this.
    --
    Chris

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Did someone upthread say she'd also posted photos on facebook of her speedo at 95mph?

Not Facebook but on Twitter.

http://tinyurl.com/q22ctyo
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    redvee wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

Not Facebook but on Twitter.

http://tinyurl.com/q22ctyo
    cheers
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just watched it; the words dozy mare sum her up entirely.

And her use of the phrase "I'm a cyclist myself" - often used by other numpties, see the Rants thread for examples. Just what is she saying to us? I ride a bike sometimes so therefore I feel quite relaxed about running into a bloke riding his bike then driving away to Twitter about it, cos hey I ride my bike occasionally.

I take back my views from Monday, suggesting we were giving her too much stick for what she'd done and should lay off her. Playing the "I'm a cyclist too y'know" card to mitigate the damage is puerile self-centred tripe. String her up. It's the only language these people understand etc etc.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Are you f**cking kidding me? That's the biggest load of self serving drivel I've ever seen. Oh woe is me, I've been suspended from work, aren't I the victim of social media. Moron.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Koncordski wrote:
    Are you f**cking kidding me? That's the biggest load of self serving drivel I've ever seen. Oh woe is me, I've been suspended from work, aren't I the victim of social media. Moron.

This ^

I wonder who is representing her and how much she is paid for her story...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Kieran_Burns
    Good God.

THIS:
    D M, please follow this up with details of the police charges for not stopping after an accident. She needs at least a year's suspension and a fine.

- B J Deller, Malaga Spain, Spain, 23/5/2013 6:38
    Click to rate Rating 156

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2U6cGNmpv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is the WORST rated comment on the Daily Mail (156 UP votes!!!)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Catch 22,

If there was no hate mob contacting her company and making this a subject of high media interest then she'd probably have gotten away with it, which would have been a real injustice.

I still think its wrong to invade her life - but I'm beginning to think that is a result of weak follow up from legal authorities so the cycling community feel the need to put pressure to actually get justice.

That said, if THAT "apology" is deemed enough and she receives nothing more in terms of legal punishment for breaking the law then the next time something like this happens I'll lead the witch hunt myself.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game