Dozy mare!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    msmancunia wrote:
    Headhuunter wrote

Oops sorry - you're the only 2 women on here and I mixed you up....

How could you possibly do that? I'm a mouthy Mancunian and she's a mouthy Scot. There's a whole world of difference.... :lol:
    and as he is below the watford gap how would he know? "there be dragons there"
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Koncordski wrote:
    Was on the national news piped into my local convenaince store at lunchtime.....

Broadcaster? Got a link, i love following these things when they take on a life of their own? :lol: She's in a monumental amount of trouble if her employer has posted an official response.
    No idea, was being piped into Costcutter while I was queuing for the post office, I don't normally listen to it but heard her name mentioned and switched myself on!

Grauniad in on it now with what is actually a good article (so DDD and the Gruaniad speaking reason in one thread dammit to hell and back!)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... t-road-tax
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Koncordski wrote:
    Was on the national news piped into my local convenaince store at lunchtime.....

Broadcaster? Got a link, i love following these things when they take on a life of their own? :lol: She's in a monumental amount of trouble if her employer has posted an official response.
    No idea, was being piped into Costcutter while I was queuing for the post office, I don't normally listen to it but heard her name mentioned and switched myself on!

Grauniad in on it now with what is actually a good article (so DDD and the Gruaniad speaking reason in one thread dammit to hell and back!)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... t-road-tax

I think it's Sky News http://news.sky.com/story/1093752/drive ... ng-cyclist

I'm not sure about y'all, but I can't wait to see what the Daily Mail has to say.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Sketchley wrote:

You wait till it hits the evening standard/daily mail websites.

Plenty of, "my 85 year old mother was maimed by a cyclist at a zebra crossing" comments. :lol:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Koncordski wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

Plenty of, "my 85 year old mother was maimed by a cyclist at a zebra crossing" comments. :lol:

I once had this line thrown at me in Hampstead. There's a thread somewhere in the BR archives!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Sketchley wrote:

Trolling CiF is like commuting on an e-bike. Just cheating.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Koncordski wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:

I swear I just read this on the guardian comments!! :)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Ride hard wrote:
    I think it's Sky News http://news.sky.com/story/1093752/drive ... ng-cyclist

I'm not sure about y'all, but I can't wait to see what the Daily Mail has to say.

Way to go Sky news:
    Sky News wrote:
    Road tax does not actually exist in the UK and roads are funded from general taxation.

It is commonly confused with Vehicle Excise Duty, which is a car tax paid on vehicles as a levy on emissions.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    From the Huffington Post

In response to furious emails about the incident, Ms Way's employers Larking Gowen said in a statement. "Please be assured that this is not a view held by the firm and we most certainly do not condone this behaviour.

"We are taking the incidents very seriously, and a full and detailed investigation will be carried out and appropriate action taken. We have already spoken to Norfolk Police."

Somewhat ironically, the firm sponsor a local cycle challenge.

I guess there'll be trouble't'mill over this one.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Has the cyclist's account of the collision been confirmed as an accurate account yet? Did she really run down a human being, watch him roll up her bonnet over her windscreen and then drive off?

Whatever happens I do hope 'The Law' does come down hard on her, this all has an air of Paris Brown Police Adviser about it: Outrage, abuse, disgust and then we all forget about it until the next stupid young person is giving an ounce of responsibility and f*cks it up.

There is a larger issue here. Young people are those who we should be targeting in an effort to shape their attitudes towards vulnerable road users. Yes, older adults need engaging too, but young people are the future and in 20 years time I don't want future cyclists having to encounter the same prejudices I had to with drivers from drivers who have long since retired or moved on.

Yet more larger issues, wtf is wrong with young people?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I'm with DDD and Whitney on this one
    I believe the children are our future
    Teach them well and let them lead the way
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside
    Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
    Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
    :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yet more larger issues, wtf is wrong with young people?

Wellll...

One might speculate that idiots have always existed amongst the young, and that some of these idiots manage to deport themselves sufficiently for the requisite 45 minutes (or whatever it is nowadays) to get a driving licence. Such idiots have for many, many years past been able to cause RTAs, and drive off. The more contrite amongst them would have kept their mouths shut and their fingers crossed. The A graders amongst them would have boasted of their acts of idiocy down the pub.

This young lady seems to fit the A grade profile, if reports of her texting at the wheel and posting photos of her speedo reading 95mph are to be believed.

However, today's A grade idiots have access to a much wider audience than the pub: social me-jer. And perhaps because they are A graders, they seem not to appreciate just how big the social me-jer audience is.

What this illustrates to me is that this particular young lady not only has little idea how to drive or of the responsibility that comes with driving on the road (I put that down to the driving schools and examiners of Norfolk, personally), but also has no idea of what happens when you hit "Send/Post/Upload" etc on your internet connection.

As I say, idiots of the first variety have been around for years, and will no doubt continue. It's the idiocy of the second variety that I find pretty amazing.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • One of the reasons why cycling is so dangerous is that car drivers are encouraged to treat cyclists with contempt by vitriolic anti-cyclist rants by opinion-formers.
    Matthew Parrish wrote in his Times column: "What's smug and deserves to be decapitated? A festive custom we could do worse than foster would be stringing piano wire across country lanes to decapitate cyclists."
    James Martin, Chef and car journalist: in a review of the Tesla, describing how he had utilised the silent approach of his test vehicle to sneak up on a pack of weekend cyclists, honk his horn and drive them off the road. "The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror".
    Jeremy Clarkson: (cyclists are) "trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not be an obstruction. Run them down to prove them wrong"
    All Ms Way did was what the clever people on the telly and in the newspaper told her to do. Where does the guilt lie?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... mentpage=1

Psychopathic bitch deserves to go to prison.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    One of the reasons why cycling is so dangerous is that car drivers are encouraged to treat cyclists with contempt by vitriolic anti-cyclist rants by opinion-formers.
    Matthew Parrish wrote in his Times column: "What's smug and deserves to be decapitated? A festive custom we could do worse than foster would be stringing piano wire across country lanes to decapitate cyclists."
    James Martin, Chef and car journalist: in a review of the Tesla, describing how he had utilised the silent approach of his test vehicle to sneak up on a pack of weekend cyclists, honk his horn and drive them off the road. "The look of sheer terror as they tottered into the hedge was the best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror".
    Jeremy Clarkson: (cyclists are) "trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not be an obstruction. Run them down to prove them wrong"
    All Ms Way did was what the clever people on the telly and in the newspaper told her to do. Where does the guilt lie?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... mentpage=1

She-Ra.gif

Psychopathic ***** deserves to go to prison.

This is going too far.... what kind of a sick f*ck puts pictures of a barely post pubescent girl on a forum and declares her psychopathic and states that she needs to go to prison? What a big man you are!

Me? all I see is a young blonde girl with the rest of her life ahead of her to make mistakes, learn from them and make amends.

She was wrong for what she did and should be punished within the boundaries of the law. Putting her picture up on a forum and casting judgement is unhelpful and only helps to feed the negative perception of cyclists you appear to hate. Honestly, your actions are about as productive as the camera crusaders.

Not least of which, it hasn't been proven that the cyclist's account was accurate or that she was in fact the driver - far fetched as it might seem there might have been two incidents between cyclists and motorists in Norfolk that day - and yes around the same time.

MBC, you're pretty unreasonable and prone so I'll put this out to the more reasonable and rational members on her imagine that was your daughter (or son)? Who would be going to prison.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Worth remembering when she sent those tweets she had no idea whether she had killed another human being. Emma Way is probably going to lose her job, license and car. Good. Serves her right. The financial hardship and internet notoriety she is experiencing is nowhere near as upsetting as being hit by a car driven by a selfish idiot who then flees the scene.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    The financial hardship and internet notoriety she is experiencing is nowhere near as upsetting as being hit by a car driven by a selfish idiot who then flees the scene.

Are you in an informed position to make this comparison?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Depends if you place money and possessions above your health and well-being. On the notoriety, I myself avoid internet notoriety by declining to stuff cats in bins or boasting online about hitting a vulnerable road user with my car and fleeing the scene.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Umm. But have you been hit by a hit and run driver?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Yep. The car had false plates so the driver got away with it. Where I lived in East London it was believed that one in eight vehicles were uninsured. It broke my rib, it hurt to poo for five weeks.

This woman boasted online about a collision that for all she knew had killed or crippled someone. She fled the scene. She's cowardly scum who deserves what's coming her way.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    It was never going to end well for her as soon as she decided to post it on the internet, and judging by what people have said, she clearly is a reckless driver, BUT, now that the authorities know and as do her employers, I'm sure that what ever punishment that she gets will be suitable and that she will learn a valuable life lesson, she is young and we all make mistakes and when punished we generally learn from them (obviously some don't).

Regardless what the interwebsphere thinks, says and does, fanning the fire and the public assassination of her certainly wont help anyone. If anything widens the gap between cyclist and motorists, because you can guarantee that as much as the cycling world will be outraged, there will be plenty in the motoring world that will secretly patting her on the back.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • I seriously doubt you could find anyone from the "motoring world" who'd congratulate this stupid little girl. Even Radio Norfolk, who had a phone-in on "Should cyclists pay road tax?" on the basis of this story (talk about missing the point!) couldn't find anyone who supported the idiot.
  • Even Radio Norfolk, who had a phone-in on "Should cyclists pay road tax?"

Ahhh-Haaaaa!
    new_radio_norwich.jpg

I don't condone the lynch mob mentality, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. The way I see it is she did something stupid then was even more stupid boasting about it and as a consequence she's less likely (even if just a smidgen) to pass on her stupid genes to another generation of idiots. It's quite elegant in its Darwinianism, really
  • Ben6899
    Ahhh-Haaaaa!
    new_radio_norwich.jpg

I don't condone the lynch mob mentality, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. The way I see it is she did something stupid then was even more stupid boasting about it and as a consequence she's less likely (even if just a smidgen) to pass on her stupid genes to another generation of idiots. It's quite elegant in its Darwinianism, really

I'd like to go round Legoland with Sean Connery, and then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch, in the centre of Windsor.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Contacted by the Mail last night, Miss Way refused to comment. However a friend said she had been suspended from work at accountants Larking Gowen.

The friend claimed:

‘She stopped, but the other guy didn’t stop. She looked in the mirror and he was gone. It’s absolutely ridiculous. There was nobody marshalling the cyclists and they were going really fast.
    ‘She is a village girl who knows every pothole on every road round here. She made a stupid remark on Twitter but it’s all got out of hand.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    :? People don't learn do they...
    idiot2_zpsd71885d0.jpg
  • Ben6899
    Gentle by name, gentle by... oh, er, hold on...
    Ben

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Oh dear.... I wonder what sort of day Becky Gentle will be having?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills