Dozy mare!

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Apparently BBC East were planning to cover it in the breakfast news bulletins, and had been to see the cyclist. I didn't see it but will look for it later. Shame they didn't visit the driver.

This girl shouldn't get off scot-free for her actions and subsequent stupidity; the on-going internet stuff is what IMHO has gone far enough. Nobody was killed or even badly hurt; had that been the case everything changes but like the thread title says some Dozy Mare has made herself look incredibly stupid, which if all goes well and she gets an appearance before the beak, some points on her licence and a hefty few quid taken out of her purse as a fine is the correct way to resolve this. Loss of job and a pitchfork-wielding mob at her front door isn't.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    The trouble is, as dumb as she seems, there are plenty of people with her attitude in positions of power and authority, and plenty of organizations where the prevailing management culture is dog eat dog, biggest bully wins. I've met plenty of people in the "caring professions" with similar attitudes, and it's tacitly encouraged by the firm. At least her firm has gone public to condemn her actions.

The trouble with the web is that their are so many niche where people with daft (or extreme) views and obsessions get together and reinforce each others views, while ignoring any of the contrary views of more reasonable people.

I'm with DDD. I don't want to be an internet bully. The police and her firm are dealing with her, and that is good enough for me (for now).
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    "I was riding on a country B-road with a friend, and descending a hill on a blind right hand corner", Toby told us. "I was sticking to the left as the corner was blind. A car came round in the opposite direction going much too quickly to make the corner safely. It missed the rider in front of me but hit me, my right leg caught the front right wing. I was thrown up onto the bonnet, I hit the side of windsrceen and the wing mirror. I bounced back off the car and went through a hedge for about 20 metres. I managed to keep control of the bike; the back brake had locked on but I managed to rejoin the road and stop in the middle of it"

I had the impression she'd just clipped him. He hit the freakin' windscreen.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ben6899 wrote:
    "I was riding on a country B-road with a friend, and descending a hill on a blind right hand corner", Toby told us. "I was sticking to the left as the corner was blind. A car came round in the opposite direction going much too quickly to make the corner safely. It missed the rider in front of me but hit me, my right leg caught the front right wing. I was thrown up onto the bonnet, I hit the side of windsrceen and the wing mirror. I bounced back off the car and went through a hedge for about 20 metres. I managed to keep control of the bike; the back brake had locked on but I managed to rejoin the road and stop in the middle of it"

Sorry?
    Onto the bonnet, through a hedge for 20m and came to a controlled stop on the bike in the middle of the road?
    No point buying any lottery tickets. That's your lifetime good luck used up.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Ben6899 wrote:

I read this earlier too, which makes her actions all the more reprehensible after all it wasn't just a squirrel (apologies to any squirrel lovers out there). This was another human being she showed no value for - the reason; because they ride a bike.

@DDD has a point regarding mob rule in respect of people notifying her employers, but she has made it very difficult for people (regardless if you're a cyclist or otherwise) not to feel aggrieved and disgusted.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    CiB wrote:
    Loss of job and a pitchfork-wielding mob at her front door isn't.

Errrr I don't think we are quite there yet or ever likely to be... whether or not she should lose her job is up to her employer.

However, if losing her job chastened her enough to become a better driver which in turn saved someones life (hers perhaps) then I'd be ok with that. In hindsight I'd imagine she would too.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2013
    ""I was riding on a country B-road with a friend, and descending a hill on a blind right hand corner".... "I was sticking to the left as the corner was blind".

At what point did she have right of way as she claimed in her twitter post?

hit me, my right leg caught the front right wing. I was thrown up onto the bonnet, I hit the side of windsrceen and the wing mirror. I bounced back off the car and went through a hedge for about 20 metres. I managed to keep control of the bike; the back brake had locked on but I managed to rejoin the road and stop in the middle of it"

Nails.

Assuming this is the actual account it is astonishing that she didn't stop, not even to check if her car was OK? I mean a fully grown human being flashes past your windscreen - you've knocked someone down - you stop.

THIS should put all the camera crusaders whining into perspective.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I don't agree with mob mentallity let the official channels deal with it is my normal approach.

However, if the same incident happended to one of us, except let's say it's a works van with a clear company name, we would be the first to advise reporting it to the police and to the company. Part of the reason for this is that most of us do not think the police will follow up properly and even if they did it would just be a slapped wrist or a small fine, complete with a SMIDSY excuse or complete denial the incident every happened, that why some of us wear cameras. Wel all correctly feel that peoples employers concerned about bad publicity on social media etc will often take more direct and affirmative action. I do not see this as any different. Timing would be key for me before critising those that reported to her employer, having posted the tweet several people contacted the Norfolk police twitter account, I beleive her previous tweet also included work details so some people forward to them as well, for the whole mob mentality thing to be a problem for me it would depned on if the notifying employer came after the police tweet saying they were looking in to it or before. That being said without the uproar about this from the cycling mob would the victim have been found and would he of come forward? I doubt it very much.

For once I have to say well done to the police in the way they are handling this so, it remains to be seen what happens next, it would appear that she failed to stop and failed to Notify, that's likely to be driving ban and big fine, maybe more as she had no way of knowing extent of cyclists injuries. Given the seriousness of that her employer would have found out at some point.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    willy b wrote:
    kelsen wrote:
    willy b wrote:
    :?

You need to get on twitter now:
    https://twitter.com/JoshVenes

In fact all of BR needs to.
    Provoking cyclists with his photo on full display. Very smart move.

Does he even drive? He looks about 12?

It just defies belief :roll: Would he say this you your face? No I doubt it.

Yes, what a cretin. A little googling and I found his full address, it begs belief that these people don't think about things before they gob off to each and every person that tweets them!
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    okgo wrote:

Yes, what a cretin. A little googling and I found his full address, it begs belief that these people don't think about things before they gob off to each and every person that tweets them!
    And that's what I mean, not cool.

Why did you need to google the guy and find his address - I saw what he has been writing and I - me of all people :roll: - walked away. Now I'm not saying you're going to do anything with the address but did you even need to go that far?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Was on the national news piped into my local convenaince store at lunchtime.....

Some people make it too easy!
    http://www.facebook.com/emma.way.581
    Photo definately looks like the same person as on the Twit(ter) screen grab, not much to see, but the few public photo's give a hint to her personality perhaps....

I don't like the mob idea, however the one irony is that she will at most face a dangerous driving charge (substantial ban and probably community service - jail possible but unlikely) whilst less bad driving resulting in death (death by careless) would likley see a prison sentance due to the idiocy of our law makers in the last parliament.

In court, when that tweet is read out, she'll struggle to claim remourse I think!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • okgo
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    okgo wrote:

And that's what I mean, not cool.

Why did you need to google the guy and find his address - I saw what he has been writing and I - me of all people :roll: - walked away. Now I'm not saying you're going to do anything with the address but did you even need to go that far?

To see if I could. And if I could do it then someone a bit more mental than me could, and perhaps they would do something about it - that's why it's silly to do things like that. You don't know who is reading. But I did it just as I was bored and wanted to see if I could.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    You lot are faaaar to soft. This stupid woman has almost killed someone with her car, failed to stop at the scene (for all she knew the cyclist could've been dead or badly injured in pain with his legs broken in a hedge lying waiting for someone to discover him!), failed to report the incident AND, NOT ONLY THIS but went on to actually BRAG about it on the internet!!! It beggars belief! Either she has psychopathic tendencies or as the mind of a child with no sense of reality and implication. It's not even as if this is the first time she has done this - as one of the articles points out, in the past she has posted pictures of her driving at 95mph and being shouted at by other motorists after behaving dangerously on the road.

She needs to be brought to reality with a sharp shock. The police will probably not pursue her beyond a slap on the wrist. As for mob metality, it won't last much more than a week if that... By this time next month it'll all have died off anyway so there's no question of her being "hounded to suicide". As msmancunia says, she's the sort of woman who probably has little respect for the Police anyway, may be this will be a sharp dose of reality...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Ben6899
    I've changed my mind. We should put her in the stocks and pelt her with gravel, spring greens and hot Bovril.

I am being deadly serious.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899
    okgo wrote:
    To see if I could. And if I could do it then someone a bit more mental than me could, and perhaps they would do something about it - that's why it's silly to do things like that. You don't know who is reading. But I did it just as I was bored and wanted to see if I could.

Would it be wrong to tweet his address to him?
    Ben

• okgo
    Yes.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    okgo wrote:

Instead of snooping people on Google, how about putting your monthly totals in to SCStats like everybody else does? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Ben6899
    okgo wrote:
    Yes.

Dammit, I thought so.
    Ben

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ride hard
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I've changed my mind. We should put her in the stocks and pelt her with gravel, spring greens and hot Bovril.

I am being deadly serious.

Bovril?? BOVRIL???!!!!!

Now you really are going too far :)
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    She needs to be brought to reality with a sharp shock. The police will probably not pursue her beyond a slap on the wrist. As for mob metality, it won't last much more than a week if that... By this time next month it'll all have died off anyway so there's no question of her being "hounded to suicide". As msmancunia says, she's the sort of woman who probably has little respect for the Police anyway, may be this will be a sharp dose of reality...

Where have I said that? I don't think I commented on this thread?!
    :shock:
    (not moaning, just puzzled!)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Ride hard
    Ben6899 wrote:
    okgo wrote:
    Yes.

Dammit, I thought so.

Yep, if he complained (which the spineless so and so would more than likely do) the police would take a very dim view of the tweet and see it as harassment.

Anyway, leave him to his online fantasy. As others say, if you pulled up alongside him at the traffic lights he wouldn't say nada to you, me or anyone in person. He's probably a mummy's boy who wears onesies.

Bless.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    msmancunia wrote:

HH is just assuming that you might say this!

Like has been said, she is clearly an idiot and hopefully justice will take its appropriate course as written in statute and how the CPS/Police see fit.

its not like she is a witch or anything

the withc bit may or may not be true
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Would she not go to jail?
    exercise.png
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Was on the national news piped into my local convenaince store at lunchtime.....

Broadcaster? Got a link, i love following these things when they take on a life of their own? :lol: She's in a monumental amount of trouble if her employer has posted an official response.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    msmancunia wrote:

Mistaken identity.
    suzyb wrote:
    tbh I'm with the mob simply because she sounds like the kind of person that wont be that bothered by a little trouble from the police.

As HH says she believes she is untouchable or has no comprehension of her actions and I doubt a smack on the wrist from the police and a little twitter backlash will do anything to change that. Being the subject of a hate campaign and perhaps being called in for a chat with her employers to explain herself should make her think about her actions more.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    msmancunia wrote:

Think he got you mixed up with suzyb. Don't know how mind.

Edit - beaten to it. I like the stocks + bovril option. That's good, and fitting in some strange way.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    TheStone wrote:
    Would she not go to jail?

Maybe but unlikely unless she plead not guilty.....

She will be lucky to keep license though......

Sentancing guidelines....

http://www.motoroffence.co.uk%2Fuploads ... enalty-pdf
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    daviesee wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Mistaken identity.
    suzyb wrote:
    tbh I'm with the mob simply because she sounds like the kind of person that wont be that bothered by a little trouble from the police.

As HH says she believes she is untouchable or has no comprehension of her actions and I doubt a smack on the wrist from the police and a little twitter backlash will do anything to change that. Being the subject of a hate campaign and perhaps being called in for a chat with her employers to explain herself should make her think about her actions more.

Oops sorry - you're the only 2 women on here and I mixed you up....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Headhuunter wrote

Oops sorry - you're the only 2 women on here and I mixed you up....

How could you possibly do that? I'm a mouthy Mancunian and she's a mouthy Scot. There's a whole world of difference.... :lol:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity