Wiggins is actually ill

123457»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    smithy21 wrote:
    Wow. This is up there with the exchange on the wiggins descending like a girl thread.

Rain + Boredom + Internet

Never ends wells.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Though I am impressed with Trev's ability to manage all these sock puppets.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204

:lol:
  • whiteboytrash
    whiteboytrash Posts: 594
    smithy21 wrote:

No rain here in the US.

There's a lot of jersouly surrounding Sky. I think the rumours of other teams trying to block their SRM devices might carrying some weight.

Sky have the resources and the money to invest 1 to 1 coaching. There's not any of team that can afford a coach who can provide 1 on 1 coaching to its riders.

Kerrison breaks the race down into numbers, GTs become a game of math. Team Sky Pro Cycling look at the big picture.

Wouldn't surprise to see Wiggo on the top step at the Tour. That would be a right turn up! Marginal sickness.

Also Kerrison has implemented this new style of decending. He believes that Brad can build up strength by losing ground on the descents and chasing back on out of the corners and on the flats.

Could be the edge that Team Sky Pro Cycling are looking for to beat the French.
  • whiteboytrash
    smithy21 wrote:

No rain here in the US.

There's a lot of jersouly surrounding Sky. I think the rumours of other teams trying to block their SRM devices might carrying some weight.

Sky have the resources and the money to invest 1 to 1 coaching. There's not any of team that can afford a coach who can provide 1 on 1 coaching to its riders.

Kerrison breaks the race down into numbers, GTs become a game of math. Team Sky Pro Cycling look at the big picture.

Wouldn't surprise to see Wiggo on the top step at the Tour. That would be a right turn up! Marginal sickness.

Also Kerrison has implemented this new style of decending. He believes that Brad can build up strength by losing ground on the descents and chasing back on out of the corners and on the flats.

In addition.

If Wiggins assumes leadership at the Tour then Froome can be the leader at the Tour of Britain.

That would be good for Froomey.

Team leader in his home Tour. British rider winning the British GT.
  • tailwindhome
    Aaron? Is that you?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    smithy21 wrote:

No rain here in the US.

In addition.

If Wiggins assumes leadership at the Tour then Froome can be the leader at the Tour of Britain.

That would be good for Froomey.

Team leader in his home Tour. British rider winning the British GT.

Not sure about anyone else but I am sure getting a LOL out of these posts :lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • GortonGaz
    GortonGaz Posts: 4
    Leave Wiggo alone, typical British response when the tactics are wrong or someone gets ill, you have to taste defeat to enjoy the victories. Furthermore what is it with this Froome v Wiggo senario embrace the fact that we have the best road racers in the world, Wiggo, Froome and the fantastic Cav, Also dont forget how dominant we are on the track despite Chris Hoys retirement. Leave our heros alone Im old enough to remember when our only continental road race hero was the great Barry Hoban. Enjoy and embrace British cycling at it finest. Well done Wiggo!,
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    There's a lot of jersouly surrounding Sky.
    What’s ‘jersouly’? A cross between a jersey and a small souwester, a bit like a hoodie?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    A few people's p*** take meters appear to need recalibrating let alone Sky's SRMs!
  • tailwindhome
    Pross wrote:
    A few people's p*** take meters appear to need recalibrating let alone Sky's SRMs!

I swear it used to be easier.

Now.....I don't know.....maybe I'm getting old....it's a young man's game now

Posters post mad shit about Sky because they believe in Sky.
    Posters post mad shit about Sky because they believe the mad shit about the bad shit Sky do
    Posters post mad shit about Sky because they believe Sky are doing bad shit and they find the mad shit funny
    Posters post mad shit about Sky because they're taking the piss out of Sky for being shit.
    Posters post mad shit about Sky because they're taking the piss out of shit Sky fanbois post.
    Posters post mad shit about Sky because they're taking the piss out the mad shit Sky haters post.

Then you got the reposters who repost the shit any of the posters above post but possibly for entirely different reasons

Then you got the posters have posted shit for any of the reasons above, get banned then start posting it all over again.

Then you have Frenchie

As I say. It used to be easier.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    knedlicky wrote:
    What’s ‘jersouly’? A cross between a jersey and a small souwester, a bit like a hoodie?

Kim_Jong-il_Team_America_World_Police.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    ddraver wrote:
    knedlicky wrote:
    Kim_Jong-il_Team_America_World_Police.jpg
    So it means Psy surrounds Sky. Wouldn't you just know!

("Sexy Lady")
  • whiteboytrash
    Pross wrote:

To be fair. Fans of Team Sky Pro Cycling are very sensitive. They protect their team. And so they should. Pro Cycling has had a dark past. We don't need to go into that here. We all know about the temptations some cyclists took. Mostly a few rogue individuals.

Thankfully Team Sky Pro Cycling has a zero tolorance policy. Any inkling of doping and you're out on your ear. Just ask Geert Leinders. He was Team Sky Pro Cycling's Doctor. As soon as Dave Brailsford found out Geert had injected the entire Rabobank team with Epo he summoned Geert to his office. Would have loved to been a fly on the wall in that meeting! Once it was established that Geert not only injected cyclists as young as 20 with EPO but supplied and distributed drugs, Dave made the difficult decision to send Leinders on his way. It was a tough call to make but Dave is used to making a tough call. Brailsford knew Team Sky ProCycling wasn't going to be tarnished by a notorious doping Doctor. There were plenty of saddle sores to be treated but DB couldn't take the risk and the hit on perception.

I know Team Sky Pro Cycling are clean. With Chris Froome coming back arguably from a death sentence with his barfzhilla virus there's no way he'd put anything into his body other than hard work. Maybe a little Gatorade as well. But that's it. Chris Froome couldn't even hold down a pro contract and was about to get the boot from Sky. But he knows what hard work is and trained well for a couple of weeks and before you know it he almost won the Vuelta Espana! (it's a big GT race in Spain).

This year Froomey will be going for the top spot at the Tour de France. Unless Bradly Wiggins has something to say about it! Could be fireworks! Don't worry Dave Brailsford is used to make the tough calls. May the best man win. I know where I'll be in July. Watching Wiggo and Froomey race up the mountains in France showing the French that British people can win bicycling races too!
  • whiteboytrash
    GortonGaz wrote:
    Leave Wiggo alone, typical British response when the tactics are wrong or someone gets ill, you have to taste defeat to enjoy the victories. Furthermore what is it with this Froome v Wiggo senario embrace the fact that we have the best road racers in the world, Wiggo, Froome and the fantastic Cav, Also dont forget how dominant we are on the track despite Chris Hoys retirement. Leave our heros alone Im old enough to remember when our only continental road race hero was the great Barry Hoban. Enjoy and embrace British cycling at it finest. Well done Wiggo!,

Thanks GortonGaz.

Don't forget to but your teeth back in after you post. If you lose them, they're probably next to your walking frame on the night stand.

I'm with you. I'm rooting for a British 1-2 like last year. But who will be 1 and who will be 2? And Cav in the green jersey!

I'd like to see that. A Belgian born Brit, a Kenyan and the Isle of Man in top spots for Britain at the Tour!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    How much value is this thread providing? ?
  • ddraver
    Comedy - lots

Reality - oh, buddy absolutely none whatsoever!
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Anyway - Gee's view - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22574303

Tis exactly as you'd expect, bless him.
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    ddraver wrote:
    Anyway - Gee's view - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22574303

Tis exactly as you'd expect, bless him.

Apparently Thomas had a tough time in the sprint classics. Have the BBC got @ukcylingexpert writing for them?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    How much value is this thread providing? ?

A couple of laughs a day.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Brian Smith made some comments about Sky training, I think, during Amstel Gold. As he comes on here I hope that he confirms that it wasn't my imagination! He had spoken to Tiernan-Locke and he couldn't get on with the coach they had given him and gone back to his old one. The classic team complained that the training and one experienced classics rider (not named) complained it was too hard.
    IMHO (for what it's worth!) 'the wheels are coming off'

We started down this road, together
    It was paved with hope and dreams of forever
    We've been coasting for a while
    And you act like nothing's wrong
    But even I can tell when the wheels are comin' off

What isn't taken care of falls apart
    Now we've got a pair of neglected broken hearts
    We may get another mile or two before somebody walks
    But even I can tell when the wheels are coming off

You've got to help me fix this, it's time to face the facts
    We can't go on like we have been and it's too late for turnin' back
    When it comes down to what makes love work I'll admit I'm lost

You've gonna help me fix this, it's time to face the facts
    We can't go on like we have been and it's too late for turnin' back

Read more: LEE ANN WOMACK - WHEN THE WHEELS ARE COMING OFF LYRICS
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • tailwindhome
    Ryder Hesjedal ‏@ryder_hesjedal 38m
    If not continuing in the worlds toughest bike race because of a respiratory infection makes me soft then I would rather be soft not stupid.
  • whiteboytrash
    Ryder Hesjedal ‏@ryder_hesjedal 38m
    If not continuing in the worlds toughest bike race because of a respiratory infection makes me soft then I would rather be soft not stupid.

Thanks for the update from Ryder Hesjedal's twitter. I'm a big fan of Ryder. He certainly not stupid. I don't think he's soft at all. I mean he used to ride at USPS and Discovary. And no one was soft there. Bruyneel the author of Might as well Win was the Director Sportive at the team. He was a tough DS. All the riders did as they were told. Whatever Bruyneel said goes. I'm sure Ryder did as he was told at that team. And that meant not being soft.

Obviously Ryder had to move on so he joined clean team Phonak. And got some amazing results! Almost out of nowhere! But that was Ryder. Full of surprises.

He even rode in the US for a while and came back even stronger! Winning the Giro d'Italia! Incredible!! It was victory for clean cycling and people who are soft but not stupid.

When I think of Ryder's out of nowhere win I think of what Matt Parker Head of Marginal Gains at Team Sky ProCycling once said to me and was quoted in the NY Times.

He said:
    “When people are put into extreme situations, like when you see when people’s kids are trapped beneath cars and they are able to lift up that car, they can go to unknown depths of human performance,” said Matt Parker, the head of marginal gains for Team Sky. “Performances like that come out in sports once in a while, too. So when someone does something incredible, why not believe it?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/sport ... d=all&_r=0

So if you ever have your own child stuck under a car. Don't try and lift it up. Dont call 911. Call Ryder, Froomey or Wiggo. They are capable incredible feats that can be believed in. They will save your child.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    And if trapped under a lorry, tis best to call contador of old/valverde