Giro Stage 10 - Spoiler thread

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Forget about Wiggins vs Froome in last years TDF

What we really want to know is what happened to that spectator who fell off the cliff!!! :shock:

I`m glad someone cares!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Stage 10 Results
    COL 1 URAN URAN, Rigoberto (SKY PROCYCLING) 4:37:42
    COL 2 BETANCUR GOMEZ, Carlos Alberto (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 20
    ITA 3 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA PRO TEAM) + 31
    ITA 4 SANTAMBROGIO, Mauro (VINI FANTINI - SELLE ITALIA)
    AUS 5 EVANS, Cadel (BMC RACING)
    POL 6 MAJKA, Rafal (SAXO-TINKOFF)
    ITA 7 POZZOVIVO, Domenico (AG2R LA MONDIALE)
    CRO 8 KISERLOVSKI, Robert (RADIOSHACK LEOPARD) + 47
    ESP 9 INTXAUSTI ELORRIAGA, Benat (MOVISTAR TEAM) + 1:06
    GBR 10 WIGGINS, Bradley (SKY PROCYCLING) + 1:08
    POL 11 NIEMIEC, Przemyslaw (LAMPRE-MERIDA) + 1:10
    ITA 12 SCARPONI, Michele (LAMPRE-MERIDA)
    RUS 13 TROFIMOV, Yury (KATUSHA)
    NED 14 GESINK, Robert (BLANCO PRO CYCLING) + 1:16
    ITA 15 PELLIZOTTI, Franco (ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI) + 2:11
    ITA 16 CARUSO, Damiano (CANNONDALE PRO CYCLING)
    ITA 17 CATALDO, Dario (SKY PROCYCLING)
    EST 18 KANGERT, Tanel (ASTANA PRO TEAM) + 2:25
    COL 19 HENAO MONTOYA, Sergio Luis (SKY PROCYCLING) + 3:14
    FRA 20 MOUREY, Francis (FDJ) + 3:16
    NED 21 KRUIJSWIJK, Steven (BLANCO PRO CYCLING)
    COL 22 ATAPUMA HURTADO, Darwin (COLOMBIA) + 3:19
    ITA 23 ROSA, Diego (ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI) + 3:28
    ESP 24 VALLS FERRI, Rafael (VACANSOLEIL-DCM) + 3:53
    ESP 25 HERRADA LOPEZ, José (MOVISTAR TEAM) + 4:01
    ESP 26 SANCHEZ GONZALEZ, Samuel (EUSKALTEL EUSKADI) + 4:22
    BEL 27 DE GREEF, Francis (LOTTO BELISOL)
    ITA 28 CAPECCHI, Eros (MOVISTAR TEAM) + 4:38

General Classification after Stage 10
    ITA 1 NIBALI, Vincenzo (ASTANA PRO TEAM) 38:57:32
    AUS 2 EVANS, Cadel (BMC RACING) + 41
    COL 3 URAN URAN, Rigoberto (SKY PROCYCLING) + 2:04
    GBR 4 WIGGINS, Bradley (SKY PROCYCLING) + 2:05
    NED 5 GESINK, Robert (BLANCO PRO CYCLING) + 2:12
    ITA 6 SCARPONI, Michele (LAMPRE-MERIDA) + 2:13
    ITA 7 SANTAMBROGIO, Mauro (VINI FANTINI - SELLE ITALIA) + 2:55
    POL 8 NIEMIEC, Przemyslaw (LAMPRE-MERIDA) + 3:35
    ITA 9 POZZOVIVO, Domenico (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 4:17
    POL 10 MAJKA, Rafal (SAXO-TINKOFF) + 4:21
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Squaggles wrote:
    Has Ryder finished yet ?

I cant quite believe this but I'm reading he came in 21' down...
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I would never say it looks like Nibo's iro with 2 weeks to go, or in any GT actually, One bad climb, one off day and your out, though it does look likely to be out of the top 7 who seem to have the most consistency SO FAR.
  • Richmond Racer
    Don't think anyone care to be honest? especially not Bradders...

I care. I said as much during the Tour as well. It's BS.

To be fair, in last years tour, Wiggo and Froome were both very strong.... If Froome were given freedom, he may have won GC, and if he did, Wiggo would have most likely have come in right on his tail, with seconds splitting them.

Wiggo looks a lot weaker this year, maybe it's because Sky won't use "a car" to help him along now that UCI will ban riders being helped along by "a car" ;)

....OOOH, controversial ;)

Stop trolling
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Squaggles wrote:
    Has Ryder finished yet ?

2012 was just a year of anomalies. 2013 back to the right order :D
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    I think we can safely say that the Colombia team should not get any more wildcards to GTs. They have had enough and are pretty rubbish. Let someone else have a chance.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • plectrum
    plectrum Posts: 225
    Garmin just don't have that good a squad and Ryder certainly is a very average lead rider, lots of hasbeans and nearly men and a couple of decent but not spectacular youngsters. If it wasn't for media savvy Vaughters they would hardly get a mention.

As for Wiggins - the end is nigh - he's 33 and i'm not sure he can win anything of note going forward. I don't know when his contract is up but I can't see it being renewed in a team leader guise. Whether he wants to have a tail-end to his career like a Jens Voight and become a workhorse for team Sky is another question.

I think its perhaps a shame Sky are going to take the drive and single prong approach to le Tour as if they had Uran also then him and Froome springing off on the mtns would cause total havoc.
  • plectrum
    edited May 2013
    I think Wiggins would be awesome on EPO. (clearly a troll like comment and I don't want any response) :twisted:
  • garyhoop1
    garyhoop1 Posts: 44
    Watch videos from the the Giro so far including todays stage here - http://bit.ly/137KqEf
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Its a shame Froome isn't the leader for the Giro and the TDF this year, he deserves to be the way he's riding.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    plectrum wrote:
    I think its perhaps a shame Sky are going to take the drive and single prong approach to le Tour as if they had Uran also then him and Froome springing off on the mtns would cause total havoc.

That's providing that Froome turns up on form too though. Few weeks yet. Things can happen
  • mfin
    Personally it's Cadel looking good which is one of the highlights of this Giro so far.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I think we can safely say that the Colombia team should not get any more wildcards to GTs. They have had enough and are pretty rubbish. Let someone else have a chance.

I'd miss their kit (on the rare occassions we get to see it!).
  • mfin
    styxd wrote:
    Its a shame Froome isn't the leader for the Giro and the TDF this year, he deserves to be the way he's riding.

He's not really as proven though, not proven enough to be the leader in back to back GTs, that's for sure.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991

but their bike/kit combo is the best by far

you of all people should appreciate that :wink:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850

I think there's a Sartorial Elegance Special Wildcard for the Giro. It is Italy after all.

Strava is not Zen.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    plectrum wrote:
    Garmin just don't have that good a squad and Ryder certainly is a very average lead rider, lots of hasbeans and nearly men and a couple of decent but not spectacular youngsters. If it wasn't for media savvy Vaughters they would hardly get a mention.
    As for Wiggins - the end is nigh - he's 33 and i'm not sure he can win anything of note going forward. I don't know when his contract is up but I can't see it being renewed in a team leader guise. Whether he wants to have a tail-end to his career like a Jens Voight and become a workhorse for team Sky is another question.

Apart from all those stage wins in GTs, a Paris Roubaix, a Giro D'Italia and a Liege Bastogne Liege.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Richmond Racer
    plectrum wrote:

Porte will be alongside Froome. Sky will minimise the riders they have doing both Giro and Tour - and lets face it Sky are able to field 2 separate and equally strong GT teams. Out of the Tour team probably only Wiggo will be on the start line of the Tour, unless Sky get hit with a plague of injuries.

Uran looked great today - but as others have said, in the past in GTs, he's tended to be inconsistent over the 3 weeks (last year's Giro, he and Henao alternated over who was strongest in the mountains). Expect Uran's ear-marked for the Vuelta with Henao.
  • Richmond Racer
    plectrum wrote:

Apart from all those stage wins in GTs, a Paris Roubaix, a Giro D'Italia and a Liege Bastogne Liege.

Amen to that.
  • frenchfighter
    I agree with the comments regarding their kit. But I never get to see it!!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875

Why not ?
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    That is a great victory for Rigoberto Uran and Colombia (and Sky too).

Yes, the Colombia Team should be in this race and they should also be in the Vuelta this year too. Bizarrely they aren't. This race is a major step up for them and they have to do a few of these grand tours before they reach the level of Betancour, Uran, Henao et al. The race isn't over yet so you never know, a mountain stage win might be theirs yet.

DD.
  • Richmond Racer
    Nibz and Cadel are both looking good. Great rides from them today
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    So Wiggins has a bad 300 metres on a vicious slope, drops to 4th (a second or two from the podium) in a Grand Tour with a parcours that seems deliberately set up to screw him over, and the end is nigh???

Phew - tough crowd.
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • plectrum
    plectrum wrote:

Yup as I said Dan Martin is decent but not spectacular.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Squaggles wrote:
    Has Ryder finished yet ?

Rumour has it that he, at this very moment, still have 3km to the finish line..
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Uran fabulous.
    Sir Wiggo more is expected.
    Nibali on par.
    Evans astonishing.
    Ryder oh dear.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • frenchfighter
    Niemiec somehow still in the top 10.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    greeny12 wrote:
    So Wiggins has a bad 300 metres on a vicious slope, drops to 4th (a second or two from the podium) in a Grand Tour with a parcours that seems deliberately set up to screw him over, and the end is nigh???

Phew - tough crowd.

Wiggins has another bad day and drops to 4th in a GT with a parcours deliberately set up to attract him to the race.