Giro Stage 9 - Spoiler thread

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    So, first MTF tomorrow. When I checked the forecast for some of the places on the big descent it looks to be dry.

Will Wiggo be in touch come the final climb, and will he attack?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Frenchfighter I don't really understand your problem with British people supporting British teams and riders , doesn't that happen everywhere else even in France ?
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Just saw this on the Cardiff Ajax Facebook page
    Mean-spirited suggestion going round that Wiggo was late down for the team dinner because the hotel stairs had just been washed.
    :lol:
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    edited May 2013
    Squaggles wrote:
    Frenchfighter I don't really understand your problem with British people supporting British teams and riders , doesn't that happen everywhere else even in France ?

This will get to 50 pages now.

We've already had the faux outrage over perceived chauvanism, people offering pro's descending tips and now we get the nationalistic debate!

Rest day fun! :lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Squaggles wrote:

..or people who work for a team supporting the team.

But...So long as everything can be twisted to fit the narrative.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    smithy21 wrote:

We've already had the fuax outrage over perceived chauvanism, people offering pro's descending tips and now we get the natoinalistic debate!

Wasn't there something about mass and vacuums? Or was that a different thread?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Squaggles wrote:

No need to discuss it on a spoiler thread in detail but essentially I support a rider or team based on merit and talent not on their nationality.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Absolutely MASSIVE credit to Bradley Wiggins:
    Lets be honest, I descended like a bit of a girl the day before

Full quote for the sake of completeness:

"Let's be honest," he added, "I descended like bit of a girl really after the crash... Not to disrespect girls, I have one at home. But that's life and we have to push on and deal with the disappointments."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Anyone righting Hesjedal off knows little
    You're absolutely write ;-)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Anyone righting Hesjedal off knows little.

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 18h
    Well, on to plan B in the Giro. Rest on the rest day, then figure out how to liven up the race for the 2nd half.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    smithy21 wrote:
    Squaggles wrote:

We've already had the fuax outrage over perceived chauvanism, people offering pro's descending tips and now we get the natoinalistic debate!

Innit :roll: :)

I could recount my dream last night about descending last night in front of Brad to give him confidence :shock: ....but I wont...
  • Richmond Racer
    RichN95 wrote:

Well, on to plan B in the Giro. Rest on the rest day, then figure out how to liven up the race for the 2nd half.

Andreas Klier's being parachuted into the Giro today and he's going to fix MyKnoaky thingies* everywhere. This is Plan B.
  • frenchfighter
    bompington wrote:
    Anyone righting Hesjedal off knows little
    You're absolutely write ;-)

Touche. Good one.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:

Jonathan Vaughters ‏@Vaughters 9h
    More often than not, Plan B works better than plan A. It doesn't constitute any loss of faith, it simply changes the tack a bit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Vaughters should be a management consultant, he just seems to spout meaningless words and poor quality attempts at 'motivational' speeches.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Was thinking about the logic of counting out GC contenders after a week of racing last night and struck on the thought that maybe we're just unused these days to seeing a 3 week stage race without a dominant team to control matters (USPS, Saeco, Sky) and a range of 4 or 5 guys who are in with a shout at victory. We over analyse everything...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    smithy21 wrote:
    Lollers, yes, disgusting chauvinism from "AboveTheCows":
    "Above" - Superior to;
    "The Cows" - Clearly derogatory terminology for a collection females.
    :)
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    smithy21 wrote:

Wasn't there something about mass and vacuums? Or was that a different thread?

Yes, you're absolutely rite. I forgot that one!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    BR 1979 wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    Lollers, yes, disgusting chauvinism from "AboveTheCows":
    "Above" - Superior to;
    "The Cows" - Clearly derogatory terminology for a collection females.
    :)

:lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Pross wrote:
    Vaughters should be a management consultant, he just seems to spout meaningless words and poor quality attempts at 'motivational' speeches.

That'll be the MBA studies.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I could recount my dream last night about descending last night in front of Brad to give him confidence :shock: ....but I wont...

Anybody got a good rest day stream? If people are going to be going down in front of Brad, it ought to be recorded.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:

Anybody got a good rest day stream? If people are going to be going down in front of Brad, it ought to be recorded.

Shurrup you :)

Having just watched Dan Lloyd's preview of tomorrow's stage, I'm definitely arming myself with a cushion to hide behind tomorrow afternoon
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Having just watched Dan Lloyd's preview of tomorrow's stage

Link please?
  • Richmond Racer

Link please?

here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... G3pr_O342k
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Look non believers, (pointless nationalist jingoism just to ire anybody who gets ired by such stuff)

Brad is sick and tired of all the waffle about his Tour win being somehow less worthy than that of a True Champion.

Therefore, he's just making his inevitable Giro win far more interesting and thereby worthy. (Or do wins also not have merit if losing time was due to your own failings).

Obviously my comments are a little bit tongue in cheek, but never a truer word and all that...
  • frenchfighter
    morstar wrote:
    Look non believers, (pointless nationalist jingoism just to ire anybody who gets ired by such stuff)

Brad is sick and tired of all the waffle about his Tour win being somehow less worthy than that of a True Champion.

Therefore, he's just making his inevitable Giro win far more interesting and thereby worthy. (Or do wins also not have merit if losing time was due to your own failings).

Obviously my comments are a little bit tongue in cheek, but never a truer word and all that...

If he approaches the mountains with the heart of a champion and comes to race for the win at all costs, eschewing the numbers and embraces the romanticism of the Giro (that he himself refers to), he certainly has the opportunity to create a legendary Giro. He doesn`t even have to win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399
    morstar wrote:

If he approaches the mountains with the heart of a champion and comes to race for the win at all costs, eschewing the numbers and embraces the romanticism of the Giro (that he himself refers to), he certainly has the opportunity to create a legendary Giro. He doesn`t even have to win.

But you miss the point of pro sport spectacularly FF.
    The whole point is to win, otherwise just enter a sportive.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759

Link please?

here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... G3pr_O342k

Crikey - that 2km mid-climb farm track descent... if it's raining Game Over for Wiggo.
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/