Show us your giants

Comments

• Mreckless
    Mreckless Posts: 214
    Yeah maybe i need to invest in a stand. Worth the money in my eyes.
  • Dazza2280
    Dazza2280 Posts: 156
    My TCR Advanced SL Frameset, built with Ui2
    DSCF0974.jpg

Set up in TT Mode with Sram S60 wheels and Deda Parabolica Tri-bars (satellite shifter on tri-bars too)
    31455_430810026996206_552758545_n.jpg

Me taking the 2-up TT Very Seriously! :P
    559937_302804726509354_179598962_n.jpg
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Daz, that it is a very nice bike and a brilliant action shot!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Vandiesel
    Todays upgrade is a nice new Ultegra chain set. I'm off out to test but aesthetically looks brilliant!

P1010717_zps5a0ee219.jpg
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Me taking the 2-up TT Very Seriously!

You have a massive e tongue!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Todays upgrade is a nice new Ultegra chain set. I'm off out to test but aesthetically looks brilliant!

Wow, Amazing the difference the ultegra chainset makes to a bike, that and the new wheels has transformed it into a serious looking bike.
    Dont think any more changes are needed now, just get out and ride it!
    You must be happy with it as it is now?
  • Vandiesel
    dwanes wrote:
    Vandiesel wrote:

Wow, Amazing the difference the ultegra chainset makes to a bike, that and the new wheels has transformed it into a serious looking bike.
    Dont think any more changes are needed now, just get out and ride it!
    You must be happy with it as it is now?
    yes mate, been out for a 20 miler and its totally transformed and I mean it feels like a different bike! Climbing is so much easier with the Elites! I do need to pop into LBS tomorrow to have a gear tweak after the chain ring fitting.
    Just need a seat change now.
    Happy days
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • dwanes
    Is that a double chainset you had fitted? I assume there aren't many steep hills around you?
  • Vandiesel
    Yeah, plenty of hills around us for training.
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    Vandiesel wrote:

The bike is looking good! Hope the brakes are doing it justice?
  • Vandiesel
    andytee87 wrote:
    Vandiesel wrote:

The bike is looking good! Hope the brakes are doing it justice?
    they work a treat mate ;) you ok Andy
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    My 2012 Defy Composite 2. The only change is the PR-2 wheelset has been replaced by Cole Rollen Elite's.

8754677612_789ea77145.jpg

It fits a treat so don't say I ought to put the stem down!
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • AllanES
    AllanES Posts: 151
    DefyComp2 wrote:
    My 2012 Defy Composite 2. The only change is the PR-2 wheelset has been replaced by Cole Rollen Elite's.

Great looking bike. I'm considering getting myself a 2012 Composite 3
    :D
    Red Triban 3
    Giant Defy 1
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    DefyComp2 wrote:

Like them wheels,are they as light as they are advertised at.Also what tyres you used on the wheels.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    elderone wrote:
    DefyComp2 wrote:

Like them wheels,are they as light as they are advertised at.Also what tyres you used on the wheels.

They are about 1600g and do feel lighter in the hand than the Giant PR-2's, esp. the rear wheel. The tyres are 700x25 Vredstein Fortezza Tricomp's. The combination is superb, and so far no problems wheelwise or tyrewise.
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Back again..... this time with Campagnolo Khamsin wheels and my shorter black stem on a negative rise...

p4pb9602985.jpg

i think its rather nice now... 8)
    but after playing with filters on my camera.... im having a crisis of confidence with the new planned paint scheme :?

also before you say anything...... the flatties are on cos its for using on my rollers at the mo and i dont want to damage my tiles in the house with my cleats..... :wink:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    rgliniany wrote:
    Back again..... this time with Campagnolo Khamsin wheels and my shorter black stem on a negative rise...

p4pb9602985.jpg

but after playing with filters on my camera.... im having a crisis of confidence with the new planned paint scheme :?

also before you say anything...... the flatties are on cos its for using on my rollers at the mo and i dont want to damage my tiles in the house with my cleats..... :wink:

Nice...
    Do you need a bag that size...
    Vans carry goods...
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    RideOnTime wrote:
    rgliniany wrote:

p4pb9602985.jpg

Nice...
    Do you need a bag that size...
    Vans carry goods...

i do....... i live in australia where people must think its the norm to break glass all over the road... from bottles and headlights.... so 2 spare tubes is the normal carry..... and my wee multi tool.... keys...... phone....suncream (very necessary for the seethrough white scotsman) tyre levers and puncture repair kit.... cos you cant be too prepared... :wink: will probably get a better coloured one and a bit more pleasing to the eye when it gets its new coat of paint im considering a metallic light gunmetal grey with a minty green accent instead of the red.... strangely it looks quite good imho.... or do i go for the line of completely different..... eg a super bright colour...... :? i just dinna ken
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Vandiesel
    Now upgraded to an ultegra chain ring (rear cassette and mech to follow) and a nice new Bontranger Affinity RL saddle as recomended by BR.
    Happy day's

P1010781_zpse96844cb.jpg
    P1010780_zps93b9ba02.jpg
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • RideOnTime
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Now upgraded to an ultegra chain ring (rear cassette and mech to follow) and a nice new Bontranger Affinity RL saddle as recomended by BR.
    Happy day's

P1010781_zpse96844cb.jpg
    P1010780_zps93b9ba02.jpg

Staying with the wheels long-term?
  • Vandiesel
    Thy've only been on for two weeks! I have to say they are bloody brilliant and make a massive difference over the OE Giant version. I could only be tempted by a nice set of carbon aero's though!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • dwanes
    Steady now! Just enjoy what you have, it looks great as is.
  • taff71
    taff71 Posts: 84
    d13cfbbad3cca96f47e93ac3b733f61a_zps79d432d6.jpg

Bought this for the youngest. Can't wait to see his face when he has it on Wednesday.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Awful photo skills, but here she is.

erwksl.jpg
  • Samerics
    Samerics Posts: 14
    null.jpg

1993 Giant Cadex frame, Open 4 CD rims, old 105 hubs, RSX levers, nothing flash but surprisingly stiff and comfortable too!
  • RideOnTime
    Samerics wrote:
    null.jpg

1993 Giant Cadex frame, Open 4 CD rims, old 105 hubs, RSX levers, nothing flash but surprisingly stiff and comfortable too!

nice one... :D
  • elderone
    Here,s my new defy 4 to go with my defy comp 2.
    IMG_20130531_140651_zpsab40424a.jpg
    Only changes are the wheels and seat post.
  • dwanes
    Why do you need a second bike? Can't be easy going out on the defy4 whilst the comp 2 is in the garage.
  • elderone
    dwanes wrote:
    Why do you need a second bike? Can't be easy going out on the defy4 whilst the comp 2 is in the garage.
    the defy 4 will be for winter and other one will be summer.
  • Vandiesel
    Lovely bike mate, I'd love to see them both together ;)
    Giant TCR Composite 3