Chicken sings

Comments

• Why has Rasmussen come clean now? The floodgates opening? Or is he hoping that if he confesses early (post LA) he'll only get a poultry sanction?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Anti-Doping Danmark: "After our talks with Michael Rasmussen, we can see that it actually got worse after the Festina case..."

I suppose everyone had to get a lot more professional, organised and institutionalised.

Still, it confirms one thing. Contador doped in 2007. There's no way he could have done this clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRqxW9Jyt8

Still one of the most awesome days in the tour I can remember. But Dirty Bertie is in deep deep shoot now I reckon, wot with Puerto trial kicking off. Shame - I was really looking forward to see what he could do in the Tour this year. Now I think there's an evens chance he won't be there.

Don't count your chickens. Contador will race and win all season as he always does.

It's healthy for you that at least you don't claim that he is clean.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • It does kind of have the feeling of floodgates...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Timoid. wrote:
    This was a team that was able to revitalise riders that had lost their way in the middle of cycling's dirtiest ever period.

And if Bjarne cracks are Jens, Andy, Fabian, Stuey et al sitting comfortably?

I think many cycling fans would find it hard to continue watching this sport if he was ever done.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    It does kind of have the feeling of floodgates...

It does, I agree, but the floodgates were only holding back what everyone already new - that if you raced before 2008 and were decent, you were most likely doping. We all know it and most of us at least expected it.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    It does kind of have the feeling of floodgates...

It does, I agree, but the floodgates were only holding back what everyone already new - that if you raced before 2008 and were decent, you were most likely doping. We all know it and most of us at least expected it.

Yeah, agree, I was meaning floodgates in terms of confessions
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Timoid. wrote:
    This was a team that was able to revitalise riders that had lost their way in the middle of cycling's dirtiest ever period.

I think many cycling fans would find it hard to continue watching this sport if he was ever done.

But would any of them be surprised?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    So the deadline has passed. No name for the other rider?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    essexeagle wrote:
    Why has Rasmussen come clean now? The floodgates opening? Or is he hoping that if he confesses early (post LA) he'll only get a poultry sanction?

Because of the whole rabo expose.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    essexeagle wrote:
    Why has Rasmussen come clean now? The floodgates opening? Or is he hoping that if he confesses early (post LA) he'll only get a poultry sanction?

He's been talking with ADD, USADA, dutch anti doping agency, WADA, DCU for weeks now. I guess he wanted to confess by himself and in his own way before Thomas Dekker did it for him..
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    ThomThom wrote:
    essexeagle wrote:

He's been talking with ADD, USADA, dutch anti doping agency, WADA, DCU for weeks now. I guess he wanted to confess by himself and in his own way before Thomas Dekker did it for him..

Got to think it's a better way to do it than by speaking to Oprah or 60 Minutes.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574

Just a rumour then. But we will hear more. Can't say when, though. WADA and the other agencies won't allow him to tell anything of the dodgy stuff yet.

This is in a different league than what Dekker is about to tell. Dekker hasn't been a part of the game since 1998. Rasmussen has. And he has told absolutely everything. Everyone linked to him during his whole career should be worried.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    ThomThom wrote:

Just a rumour then. But we will hear more. Can't say when, though. WADA and the other agencies won't allow him to tell anything of the dodgy stuff yet.

This is in a different league than what Dekker is about to tell. Dekker hasn't been a part of the game since 1998. Rasmussen has. And he has told absolutely everything. Everyone linked to him during his whole career should be worried.

Good.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • @AdamMyerson Holy sh%t, how on EARTH does Bjarnie Riis still have a job in cycling? If anyone deserves the "death penalty" suspension, it's him.

Um, yes
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    ThomThom wrote:
    Everyone linked to him during his whole career should be worried.

Does that include Lemond?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Timoid. wrote:

Why? I hope he's clean, but looking at the company he keeps and some of his performances it wouldn't exactly come as a surprise. The kicker for me would be if somebody who seemed genuinely, vocally anti doping got caught - don't recall Cancellara ever saying much on it tbh.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    BigMat wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

He's in the clear. The doping started the year after their association (or so he says)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    RichN95 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

He's in the clear. The doping started the year after their association (or so he says)

That drug from Balco? Tut-tut :wink:
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    That's convenient.

I wondered at the time, that he "Grovelled" up the first mountain while looking for a wheel to Suck onto. (on his ear ole was a suitable expression)
    Then suddenly he is fighting Fignon for stage wins. :roll:

I later put it down to, another guy who met a lot of Doctors. :!:

Yeh I know, they told me I was out of order in 1996 and 1999, so what do I know. sweet FA. :!:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    You had/have doubts about Le Mond deejay?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 47855_2-DK.png

Chicken Ticker.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    In memory of what was left of his credibility I just enjoyed a KFC....

Om nom!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    You had/have doubts about Le Mond deejay?

I think e just hates lemond.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    so it seems the tests are now slightly harder to pass but you can still pass them. Seems that unlike LA he has properly told everything, including how he did it and who helped. Hopefully this will help the sport in the long run
  • Chapeau to all on a thoroughly entertaining thread, brilliant chicken references all round and a special cheer for the Borgen reference. I think all the chicken-themed puns have been covered, I certainly can't think of anymore, it's been a long day and I'm in need of a kip.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    Oh now that only works if you speak Dutch! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Anti-Doping Danmark: "After our talks with Michael Rasmussen, we can see that it actually got worse after the Festina case..."

I suppose everyone had to get a lot more professional, organised and institutionalised.

Still, it confirms one thing. Contador doped in 2007. There's no way he could have done this clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRqxW9Jyt8

Still one of the most awesome days in the tour I can remember. But Dirty Bertie is in deep deep shoot now I reckon, wot with Puerto trial kicking off. Shame - I was really looking forward to see what he could do in the Tour this year. Now I think there's an evens chance he won't be there.

Don't count your chickens. Contador will race and win all season as he always does.

Probably one of the best stages i have seen. I can still remember getting home from work on a 6-2pm shift and watching it all live in the afternoon... remember cuddles doing a pretty sterling ride and clawed back a bit of time climbing in an ungainly manner all over his bike.

anyway, watch the clip again - @4:30 the commentators articulately describe how rasmussen took his last injection of the day....
  • ddraver
    edited January 2013
    We missed one, from the CN comments - "nothing organic about this chicken"

Dammit, that was obvious too!
    - @ddraver
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    47855_2-DK.png

Chicken Ticker.

Sir, you win post of the day. All afternoon I've been trying to think of some poultry based one liner, but can't hold a candle to that one.
  • sherer wrote:
    so it seems the tests are now slightly harder to pass but you can still pass them. Seems that unlike LA he has properly told everything, including how he did it and who helped. Hopefully this will help the sport in the long run

Indeed. I understand that he faced a battery of questions, followed by a free-ranging discussion of the issues. Hopefully that will go some way to avoiding any bad korma.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.