Chicken sings

Comments

• LL, I've also admitted that I, like most of us here, am hypocritical

But at least I admit to that
  • DG, I dont have the cure. But what galls is to see a guy who doped up to the eyeballs on everything going and lied for 13 years, having a nice secure job in cycling all set up for him. Cheating sure pays, doesnt it

Happens every day in every walk of life. Unfortunately, the checks and balances that apply to make such an outcome the exception in most areas weren't active in cycling for a long time, so now we get a deluge once the dyke has cracked. I've really no objection to people being rewarded for coming clean, because whats the incentive otherwise?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Riis announced a new sponsor today. Can't catch a break ; )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    On the basis of the chicken fessing up I would like to propose that there is a scientific link between doping and a tendency to crash a bike in absurd and ridiculous situations like on TT's for example.

You know where I'm going with this don't you...

_46438687_wiggins_bike512.jpg

How could you :wink:
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    LL, I've also admitted that I, like most of us here, am hypocritical

But at least I admit to that

Hope thats not directed at me. Ive admitted my own hypocricy many many times. In fact i've written a 2 page article about my Contador hypocricy. Just at the time you and others got so up tight about the Sky thing...
  • DG, I dont have the cure. But what galls is to see a guy who doped up to the eyeballs on everything going and lied for 13 years, having a nice secure job in cycling all set up for him. Cheating sure pays, doesnt it

Happens every day in every walk of life. Unfortunately, the checks and balances that apply to make such an outcome the exception in most areas weren't active in cycling for a long time, so now we get a deluge once the dyke has cracked. I've really no objection to people being rewarded for coming clean, because whats the incentive otherwise?

Riis admitting in 07? Once he was clear of statute of limitations, or course
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'm sure BBC 4 will be showing all of these televised confessions on Saturday nights when the current season of Borgen ends.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    All this t&r stuff and general 90s revelations are going to cast a long long shadow over this season
  • LangerDan wrote:
    On the basis of the chicken fessing up I would like to propose that there is a scientific link between doping and a tendency to crash a bike in absurd and ridiculous situations like on TT's for example.

How could you :wink:

The sauce of you

We live in an imperfect world. Would you rather he didn't admit it at all?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    edited January 2013
    All this t&r stuff and general 90s revelations are going to cast a long long shadow over this season

Speak for yourself. I will watch the racing with the same passion and interest as always. Looking forward to this season a lot. Peaking with Contador handing Sky so much panache and defeat they can sell it and retire on the proceeds.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bugger - delete again

We live in an imperfect world. Would you rather he didn't admit it at all?

in my black and white world, I would like him to tell and then fark off out of cycling
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited January 2013
    Rasmussen will not be a very popular man among his colleagues. Tearing everyone up who is still protected by the omerta.

Apparently another danish rider to confess 15:30 CET
  • But if he never admitted it and never got caught, would that be better?

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    ThomThom wrote:
    Rasmussen will not be a very popular man among his colleagues. Tearing everyone up who are still protected by the omerta.

Lars? Matti? Jakob? Markov?

Other than that don't think there is anyone worthwhile currently riding.

Imagine if it was Magnus.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Rasmussen will not be a very popular man among his colleagues. Tearing everyone up who are still protected by the omerta.

He's Swedish, though.

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    ThomThom wrote:

Imagine if it was Magnus.[/quote]

How ridiculous! at 6'5" and 95kg myself I know without a shadow of a doubt how easy it would be to compete at the highest level of cycling without doping :shock:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ThomThom wrote:

If it's Jakob, my 16 year old Twitter Little Sister is going to be devastated!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ThomThom wrote:

He's Swedish, though.

Frenchie, you're going to have to brush up on the composition of those 'dirty Scandi' countries... :wink:
  • thomthom
    I'm pretty sure it's Nicki.

Only one to have ridden with Michael.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Probably someone like Jesper Skibby, just to keep the whole '80s / 90s vibe going.

or Alex Rasmussen to tell us the real reason he missed all those tests.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah but you said there were two Thom.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    If Alex has ever doped he would be considered the worst doper in history. Nah, Alex is just a lazy, stupid guy.
  • ThomThom wrote:

Imagine if it was Magnus.[/quote]

How ridiculous! at 6'5" and 95kg myself I know without a shadow of a doubt how easy it would be to compete at the highest level of cycling without doping :shock:

I have no inside track on this, but however it was generated, having lined up against him once in a windy, pan-flat race in Blackpool, I can honestly say he was the most powerful rider I've ever seen.

@gietvangent
  • thomthom
    Yeah but you said there were two Thom.

Rasmussen + another rider (most likely Nicki). If anyone, that is.
  • If it is Nicki, Saxo-Tinki will probably give him a pay rise and promote him to GM
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544

I was thinking of this geezer

imagefly.aspx?w=471&h=550&p=contentimages%2fmendown.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ThomThom wrote:
    Rasmussen will not be a very popular man among his colleagues. Tearing everyone up who is still protected by the omerta.

In a way that's kind of a good thing though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Rolf has been keeping his head down.... Think he may well pop up soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format