Chicken sings

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,554
    On a positve note, it is good to see soup spitting even if it is soley to increase book sales. The omerta is slowing reducing its strangle hold.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    You can find the edited highlights from his book on this Twitter timeline: https://twitter.com/MikeKaltoft
  • Mikkel Conde's tweeted some addition highlights on his TL.

An interesting one is Chicken's comments about Disco sans-Lance at the '06 Tour:

@MikeKaltoft: Tour de France 2006: "Without Armstrong, Discovery was a team without a head. I had a hunch they were trying to ride clean" (p166)
  • Mike Kaltoft Jensen ‏@MikeKaltoft 12h
    MR: "I hope Froome is clean, and if he is, he's the strongest rider ever to have set his foot on the planet"

SOLD
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mike Kaltoft Jensen ‏@MikeKaltoft 6h
    Riis contacted Rabobank's Jan Raas and warned him about Rasmussen, calling him 'dangerous'. Rabo signed him anyway (p116)

Nice one Riis.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mike Kaltoft Jensen ‏@MikeKaltoft 5h
    .@cycling_jsg Yes, Evans is mentioned - "he's a crybaby, who always has a thousand excuses for why he doesn't win" ... but no doping stories
    Mike Kaltoft Jensen ‏@MikeKaltoft 5h
    @cycling_jsg Among the excuses, according to MR: "The others are riding too fast! They are cheating! Team mates aren't helping me!"

Evans was 2nd in TdF 07, 23 secs behind Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mike Kaltoft Jensen ‏@MikeKaltoft 4h
    @ringsau Weening-story stems an interview where MR said that Rabo's 07 Tour team was doped. Not mentioned in the book.

Odd.

Mike Kaltoft Jensen ‏@MikeKaltoft 4h
    In Feb 2010, Astana wanted to sign MR, but UCI told them they'd be excluded from major races if they did (p290)
    According to Thomas Frei, Damsgaard held a doping seminar at Astana, telling about the effects of various drugs, doses and glow time (p299)

lol at Astana.

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 4h
    MR on the very first pages. "I took extra cortisone on the big days. I had a certificate from UCI. Didn't matter if they could detect it"

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 2h
    Ha. Angry Leipheimer during the Tour 2004 to MR: "How can they [Rabo] expect us to do well when we only take EPO and not anything else?"
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 2h
    MR said he didn't want to tell Leipheimer that team doctor Leinders actually helped him with his blood doping. Levi left the team that year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 56m
    To show how strong MR felt in 07. On the Col d'Aubisque: "I did Contador a favor, not distancing him with 2 min. I had the legs to do it"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I wonder if Di Luca will be encouraged to come clean and name names in a book now.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    It's not like it gained me many PTP points in the 07 Tour...what were the other teams on!
    Half man, Half bike
  • This is great stuff.

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 19m
    Ha. Ullrich to MR during a Tour stage after realizing he couldn't drop him: "I'm sorry, but I have to try. The team says I have to..."

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 16m
    Tour 2005, stage 18. Landis tells MR his power-meter shows avg. of 480 watt the last 10 min. Max of his Tour. Still, he lost 1 min on 3 km!

Looks like MR responded very well to drugs indeed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    This is great stuff.

I find it a bit depressing to be honest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    inseine wrote:
    This is great stuff.

I find it a bit depressing to be honest

+1 :(
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    .@cycling_jsg Yes, Evans is mentioned - "he's a crybaby, who always has a thousand excuses for why he doesn't win" ... but no doping stories
    @cycling_jsg Among the excuses, according to MR: "The others are riding too fast! They are cheating! Team mates aren't helping me!"

Evans was 2nd in TdF 07, 23 secs behind Contador.

I find this bit quite reassuring. I appreciate it is an assumption that Evans is clean, but if I was clean riding against this lot in 2007 it would really p1ss me off and I would winge at everything. The challenge to Evans is why did he not come out against those dopers around him, it's either hypocrisy, lack of concrete proof or a lack of confidence.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,167
    I can understand him throwing mud at all his contemporaries having been made a scapegoat whilst they continued to prosper but it seems odd that he makes insinuations against riders he never / rarely raced with or against.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    According to Thomas Frei, Damsgaard held a doping seminar at Astana, telling about the effects of various drugs, doses and glow time (p299)

lol at Astana.
    Contador rode with Frei at Astana.

SOLD

:)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Pross wrote:
    I can understand him throwing mud at all his contemporaries having been made a scapegoat whilst they continued to prosper but it seems odd that he makes insinuations against riders he never / rarely raced with or against.

If it could ever been 'proved' that Evans was (is) riding clean he might be seen as a hero of a generation. It certainly puts his personality it a whole new light.
  • Rasmussen claims one of the doping inspectors told him that Armstrong sat crying in the doping control bus after the press had asked him though questions at the press conference after the stages.

This happened after his victory on Col d'Aubisque in 2007, the press had asked him questions about doping.

"'They were though with you out there,' said one of doping inspectors. Another told me how Lance Armstrong often had sat inside the doping control bus and cried, because the press had been so disgusting. That I was somewhat surprised to hear. Armstrong cry? He had always seemed so unaffected by journalists criticism, "writes Michael Rasmussen in the book" Yellow Fever ".

http://jyllands-posten.dk/sport/cykling ... ressehetz/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • He first used blood bags in 2004 TdF (couldn't get much benefit, as he was only allowed to take one in the first stages in Netherlands). In 2005 he had planned to use two bags (450ml and 350ml), but was only allowed to use the first (before the Vosges). In 2007 he used 5 180ml bags (1 before the race, 2 at once before the Alpes and 2 at once before the Albi ITT).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    inseine wrote:
    Pross wrote:

If it could ever been 'proved' that Evans was (is) riding clean he might be seen as a hero of a generation. It certainly puts his personality it a whole new light.

@digger_forum said he doped, so there you have it! :wink:
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    The more stuff that comes out the worse this is looking for cycling. We need a football player or tennis player to start opening up. None of this is real news in the sense we know whole teams dope. It's just more damage for cycling. Evans is one of my fav riders but I am not going to shout that he's a clean rider, it would be some performance if he was, same with Froome If he his clean then he is something else. I don't want Froome or Evans or anyone else to get caught. What cycling needs right now is for another sport to fess up and make fans realise that this is happening in their sport and not just cycling. Its all good fun on this sight and I love chewing the fat when I have some time but at this rate Cycling will get no sponsors. We will lose revenue, races will be lost and investment will not happen if sponsors think they are sponsoring doped athletes. We know cyclings history and doping is a part of it's culture like it or not, but IMO the UCI do a crap PR job. Other sports handle doped athletes much better, even suspicions, look at the way Man United dealt with the Rio F case, look at the way Christine Ohuruogus missed doped test got handled. Cycling is never going to lose it's doping tag but it does need to start minimising the damage. I have said all along that getting Armstrong was just not a smart move it's been the worse thing that has happened IMO. Its wiped out all past results and destroyed the history of our greatest races. Riders doped Before LA and after and are still doping. If you want to believe it's got better then that's fine until the next rider gets busted. Dopers are always and have always been ahead of the game they always find ways to get ahead. Don't forget most of these riders getting caught never actually tested positive. The UCI in my opinion needs a different PR model.
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    rayjay wrote:
    The more stuff that comes out the worse this is looking for cycling. We need a football player or tennis player to start opening up. None of this is real news in the sense we know whole teams dope. It's just more damage for cycling. Evans is one of my fav riders but I am not going to shout that he's a clean rider, it would be some performance if he was, same with Froome If he his clean then he is something else. I don't want Froome or Evans or anyone else to get caught. What cycling needs right now is for another sport to fess up and make fans realise that this is happening in their sport and not just cycling. Its all good fun on this sight and I love chewing the fat when I have some time but at this rate Cycling will get no sponsors. We will lose revenue, races will be lost and investment will not happen if sponsors think they are sponsoring doped athletes. We know cyclings history and doping is a part of it's culture like it or not, but IMO the UCI do a crap PR job. Other sports handle doped athletes much better, even suspicions, look at the way Man United dealt with the Rio F case, look at the way Christine Ohuruogus missed doped test got handled. Cycling is never going to lose it's doping tag but it does need to start minimising the damage. I have said all along that getting Armstrong was just not a smart move it's been the worse thing that has happened IMO. Its wiped out all past results and destroyed the history of our greatest races. Riders doped Before LA and after and are still doping. If you want to believe it's got better then that's fine until the next rider gets busted. Dopers are always and have always been ahead of the game they always find ways to get ahead. Don't forget most of these riders getting caught never actually tested positive. The UCI in my opinion needs a different PR model.

The Rio Ferdinand incident was nothing to do with him being doped...a dope perhaps

As for other sports, if the authorities in Spain had revealed further the contents of Dr Fuentes's fridge then perhaps they would be in a similar mire....
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Rasmussen now backtracks on his suggestion that the whole Rabo 2007 TdF team doped - he now excludes Flecha and Freire from that. He says there was team organised doping, but not for those two - http://nos.nl/artikel/570963-toch-geen- ... reire.html
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    I think the comment made by several here that those who want to see a T&R process are more interested in juicy gossip than actually cleaning up cycling is looking pretty pertinent right now.

There are some revelations, some hard facts (eye witness testimony etc.) from Rasmussen, which he assures us he's shared with the anti doping agencies (I hope he has) - even if they weren't all that surprising. But the sheer glee shown in this thread for some remarks which are nothing other than tittle-tattle, innuendo and conjecture is pretty base.

Can we please do better to separate the wheat from the chaff?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    "If you can get 2nd or 3rd why not take a little doping and win? You have already made so many sacrifices..."

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 5h
    Ha! MR on TDF 2006: "If my blood wasn't in the Danube, I would have won 3 Alps stages in a row & reached Paris 1 day before everybody else!"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • "If you can get 2nd or 3rd why not take a little doping and win? You have already made so many sacrifices..."

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 5h
    Ha! MR on TDF 2006: "If my blood wasn't in the Danube, I would have won 3 Alps stages in a row & reached Paris 1 day before everybody else!"

cocky and unpleasant chap eh. said a nasty thing about the French riders also. ugly f ucker
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS wrote:
    Rasmussen now backtracks on his suggestion that the whole Rabo 2007 TdF team doped - he now excludes Flecha and Freire from that. He says there was team organised doping, but not for those two - http://nos.nl/artikel/570963-toch-geen- ... reire.html

Interesting. Maybe had a call from a lawyer for F or F. Im glad as I didnt have them down as dopers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Just to clarify; His quote on how the Rabo 2007 Tour-team was all doped up was in a live chat. Not written in the book.
  • http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/freire-se ... -2007-tour

Freire comments. Not holding back. Good stuff. Time for Raso to eat some humble pie.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    FJS wrote:

Interesting. Maybe had a call from a lawyer for F or F. Im glad as I didnt have them down as dopers.

Interesting you'd find it surprising if someone who was coached by Cecchini was a doper :P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.