Chicken sings

Comments

• More style than the entire Sky team could manage in a lifetime. Boss.

giro11st12-contador.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    sherer wrote:
    this does make me wonder about Contador though how could he put in those digs against someone as dirty as Rasmussen and still be clean ?

It's notable that these days he can't seem to put in a sting like he could which makes me think he may be cleaner now and the sport may have some future

It's quite funny that the year Bert failed his test, he also didn't have enough kick to drop everyone
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    More style than the entire Sky team could manage in a lifetime. Boss.

giro11st12-contador.jpg

More blood bags too...

Sorry, I'm sorry everyone, but when he pitches them so easily I just can't help...

yuvi6s.gif
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382

I guess if you're no longer able to win races going for style is all that is available for you.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    sherer wrote:
    this does make me wonder about Contador though how could he put in those digs against someone as dirty as Rasmussen and still be clean ?

That's because he wasn't.
    sherer wrote:
    It's notable that these days he can't seem to put in a sting like he could which makes me think he may be cleaner now and the sport may have some future

Definitely cleaner.

The sport has a good future anyway, it doesn't need Contador in the slightest.
  • mfin
    r0bh wrote:

I guess if you're no longer able to win races going for style is all that is available for you.

All the style of a lying, cheating, squeaky voiced twerp that is.
  • mfin
    To be honest, Vaughters has made a screwup here. He and Garmin presented Hesjedal as a clean rider winning the Giro clean - not as an ex-doper (which Vaughters and Garmin knew very well to be the case) winning the Giro clean. Whether or not you believe Hesjedal was clean when he won it, the obfuscation means that for some there's now a taint and another entry to the list of GTs won by riders who are know to have doped in their career.

Good post
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    If it wasn't for riders like Contador who have the balls to attack and who ride with flair and bravado then we would be left watching the Sky train ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I fell asleep just mentioning the name :lol::lol::lol: and still Sky fans think they ride clean :lol::lol::lol:
  • Globally, I would bet good money that Contador has more fans than the entire Sky team put together. This forum isnt a true reflection of the cycling demographic.

Contador is and will remain the best stage race rider of his generation, better than all the doped riders included.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    or....

If it wasnt for riders like contador and MR, we would actually talk about the racing instead of how much they are doped!
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Globally, I would bet good money that Contador has more fans than the entire Sky team put together. This forum isnt a true reflection of the cycling demographic.

Thats because you love him...
    Contador is and will remain the best stage race rider of his generation, better than all the doped riders included.

You dont know that. He is exciting because he is doped.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    rayjay wrote:
    If it wasn't for riders like Contador who have the balls to attack and who ride with flair and bravado then we would be left watching the Sky train ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I fell asleep just mentioning the name :lol::lol::lol: and still Sky fans think they ride clean :lol::lol::lol:

You talking about the Movistar Sky train, or the Saxotrain? :lol:

tdf13-st9-movistar-1.jpg

Edit: I do agree about Alberto's extravagant swingers. I'm a big fan of them too.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,554

Here's the deal. If there is one, just one, rider who tests positive during their time on that team, the team will be closed down - according to insiders. The connection to the entire GB track set up would be damaged by association, the sponsorship of the sport in the UK would be affected.

It may have been said, but I doubt it would happen. For example, if JTL is sanctioned, it will be blamed on his pre-Sky values. Equally, if Henao failed a test for some "cough medicine" it would be the actions of a lone wolf not reading the instructions. The only things that would be really damaging would be if more than one failed for a "cough medicine", someone was caught red-handed or Froome / Wiggins got busted.
  • TheBigBean wrote:

Here's the deal. If there is one, just one, rider who tests positive during their time on that team, the team will be closed down - according to insiders. The connection to the entire GB track set up would be damaged by association, the sponsorship of the sport in the UK would be affected.

It may have been said, but I doubt it would happen. For example, if JTL is sanctioned, it will be blamed on his pre-Sky values. Equally, if Henao failed a test for some "cough medicine" it would be the actions of a lone wolf not reading the instructions. The only things that would be really damaging would be if more than one failed for a "cough medicine", someone was caught red-handed or Froome / Wiggins got busted.

Yes - because the values being questioned by the UCI were from Sep 2012, before he was a Sky rider and when he was contracted with Endura. Which is why I used wording around testing postive whilst riding as an active Sky rider.

As for your hypothesis re Henao (pick on the Colombian, why dont you), cannot comment. But what's the difference between your 'cough medicine' and being 'caught red-handed'? Not understanding.
  • TheBigBean

As for your hypothesis re Henao (pick on the Colombian, why dont you), cannot comment. But what's the difference between your 'cough medicine' and being 'caught red-handed'? Not understanding.

I intentionally picked a non British rider as an example, because the impact on the sponsors would be much smaller, and it is highly unlikely the team would fold.

Caught red handed is when a rider is found with drugs in their possesion or when they fail a test for something like EPO. "Cough medicine" is when a rider fails a test for a very small amount of something largely unknown and promptly blames vitamin contamination or a "cough medicine". Strict liability means they are guitly, but depending on the spin, they don't necessarily look that bad, and the team won't fold.
  • TheBigBean wrote:

I intentionally picked a non British rider as an example, because the impact on the sponsors would be much smaller, and it is highly unlikely the team would fold.

Caught red handed is when a rider is found with drugs in their possesion or when they fail a test for something like EPO. "Cough medicine" is when a rider fails a test for a very small amount of something largely unknown and promptly blames vitamin contamination or a "cough medicine". Strict liability means they are guitly, but depending on the spin, they don't necessarily look that bad, and the team won't fold.

Where would "tainted meat" sit in that scale?
  • TheBigBean
    feltkuota wrote:

An interesting question, perhaps we should have a two hundred page thread about it and then consult some CAS experts....
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

An interesting question, perhaps we should have a two hundred page thread about it and then consult some CAS experts....

:lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    TheBigBean wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

I'll contact Chewbacca, Festinagirl and the rest of the lot right away.
  • The way AC and MR ride in that 2007 video is quite suspicious I think, with the repeated attacks and standing on the pedals. Nevertheless AC I think has much more style as a rider compared to the chicken.

$(KGrHqF,!nUFJD1HyuBeBSRFYKhFog~~60_35.JPG

Froome has the most horrendous style I've ever seen and the Rupert Murdoch Cycling Team kills the race like USPS used to do but I have to admit I believe he's clean. I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I do like how he seems to be different within the cycling culture.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

I'll contact Chewbacca, Festinagirl and the rest of the lot right away.

On like Kong

That's ThomThom
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    raymond82 wrote:
    The way AC and MR ride in that 2007 video is quite suspicious I think, with the repeated attacks and standing on the pedals. Nevertheless AC I think has much more style as a rider compared to the chicken.

Froome has the most horrendous style I've ever seen and the Rupert Murdoch Cycling Team kills the race like USPS used to do but I have to admit I believe he's clean. I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I do like how he seems to be different within the cycling culture.

I think you may be forgetting a few stages of the tour this year...Sky ride to win, it's up to other teams to stop them...Saxo and Movi had a good shot at it on a couple of stages this year but they blew it. Is that Sky's fault?

As a proud Dutchman (who I know will claim Lordship over Flanders :wink: ) I'm sure you ll remember the sterling work Martin Van Den Bosche did for Eddy Merckx. How is that different to Porte and Froome?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    feltkuota wrote:

Shouldn't we wait to see how many this thread goes to before starting another?
  • ddraver wrote:
    I think you may be forgetting a few stages of the tour this year...Sky ride to win, it's up to other teams to stop them...Saxo and Movi had a good shot at it on a couple of stages this year but they blew it. Is that Sky's fault?

As a proud Dutchman (who I know will claim Lordship over Flanders :wink: ) I'm sure you ll remember the sterling work Martin Van Den Bosche did for Eddy Merckx. How is that different to Porte and Froome?

I have to admit I my knowledge of cycling history is quite limited... All I'm saying is that on the one hand I like how the Sky is almost like a machine, I used to even appreciate that with USPS too. Actually I started out watching cycling mainly for the scenery and to overcome teenage boredom but when I learned about team tactics is when I started to really like it. I also like the data driven approach, if I could afford a power meter I probably also would use it extensively.

Yet seeing these one to one battles, the repeated punch-like attacks etc, it has a bit more swing to it right? You can hear the commentators go wild in the 2007 video, I remember the same thing that year Ricco won a couple of stages in the tour. It's just a shame that this type of riding appears to be a sign of doping use. In a cleaner peloton the marginal gains approach works really well, I'm just hoping other teams will pick up on this so we'll see a more level field and more fights next year.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

is or was?

Doping allegations aside his careers is definitely on the wane......too many birthdays!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • He can never ride his bike again and still be a certified triple crown champion. Watch out for him next year though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Globally, I would bet good money that Contador has more fans than the entire Sky team put together. This forum isnt a true reflection of the cycling demographic.

I guess you and I will never see eye to eye. I accept SKYs approach to racing is the price you pay for clean racing while you think doping is the price you pay for exciting racing. You have a point, I suppose.
    I don't hate Contador in the way you hate SKY though; I suppose I just like cycling more :D
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited November 2013
    inseine wrote:

I guess you and I will never see eye to eye. I accept SKYs approach to racing is the price you pay for clean racing while you think doping is the price you pay for exciting racing. You have a point, I suppose.
    I don't hate Contador in the way you hate SKY though; I suppose I just like cycling more :D

I would strongly disagree with this statement. There are plenty of exciting circumstances throughout the year. Hardly any of them originate from Sky though. Those that do happen when it rains and they cycle around like bots with wet electrics.

I dont hate Sky (a strong word to be used sparingly), I certainly dislike just about everything about them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Danny Pate's one rider who's not convinced by Hesjedal's statement that he only doped 2003-2004

He's put out a few tweets since Monday night that seem to make that clear
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Danny Pate's one rider who's not convinced by Hesjedal's statement that he only doped 2003-2004

He's put out a few tweets since Monday night that seem to make that clear

I think it's fair to say that, despite (or maybe because?) Danny Pate being ex-Garmin he is definitely not drinking the Garmin Kool-Aid.

I recall similar tweets about "the Garmin Three" around the time of the reasoned decision.