Puerto trial

Comments

• LLS is so bloody cool on the bike. Big shame.

Don't forget Jesus Losa mentioned him as a client. When LLS won Paris-Nice in 2009, Losa got a sms: "Your friend won PN" ...

Jesus Losa, known doping-doctor, who got this sms from a client on new years eve some years ago "Happy 2009 - May no one be tested positive"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ex-president of Real Sociedad football club has admitted they bought doping products from Fuentes in the 2003 season, the year they almost won the league (finishing 2nd).

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/ ... je-2310154
  • Ex-president of Real Sociedad football club has admitted they bought doping products from Fuentes in the 2003 season, the year they almost won the league (finishing 2nd).

Kind of earth shattering. Not that they doped, but that he's admitting it - totally counter to Spanish culture
  • Better link to the source of the information:

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/02/04/ ... 50203.html

"admitted" is not the word, sorry - he was informing share-holders of the practices of his predecessors.

"Spanish culture" - what's that exactly? Spain is made up of so many diverse cultures, languages, climates, etc. This is a Basque team, by the way.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Ex-president of Real Sociedad football club has admitted they bought doping products from Fuentes in the 2003 season, the year they almost won the league (finishing 2nd).

wonder if this will be the spark that will force UEFA \ FIFA to look into the drug problem in football
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    sherer wrote:
    Ex-president of Real Sociedad football club has admitted they bought doping products from Fuentes in the 2003 season, the year they almost won the league (finishing 2nd).

wonder if this will be the spark that will force UEFA \ FIFA to look into the drug problem in football

It's taken the Festina, Puerto, Flandis/Armstrong/Postal etc. etc. plus some very determined national bodies (CONI, USADA) to force the UCI's hand, and they're still dragging their heels and suggesting that we look the other way... I can't see FIFA doing anything at all
  • Guardia Civil captain asked to identify code names and replies: "It's not our job to identify the athletes"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Yesterday's other interesting statement by the cops (via CN):
    Responding to a question about the high number of cyclists who were linked to the investigation compared to athletes from other sports, the officer said: "That was because at the time of the investigation the Giro was taking place."
  • hmm..and in 06 so was the footie World Cup, when suddenly FIFA back-tracked on the blood tests they'd brought in for the 02 WC and waived them in 06.

Funny that. :roll:
  • bipedal wrote:

Heavyweight loser that guy.

I'd take the eventual honesty of Hamilton and Landis any day over the weasel words of the likes of Valverde and Contador who hide behind a national federation that aren't interested in either investigating or punishing blatant doping
    :)
  • Can hardly read it but a Fuentes doc from 05 with Milan and IG on it:

BCVPhuqCcAAoPQ7.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    might explain why Paolo Maldini was able to play until he was 78
  • IG being?
  • Growth hormone (IGF-1)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • johnboy183 wrote:
    IG being?

Growth Hormone, allegedly
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    that could be a stage of the Giro or it could be one of the Milan teams. No real idea to tell
  • sherer wrote:
    that could be a stage of the Giro or it could be one of the Milan teams. No real idea to tell

Given that its alongside RSOC I think its being assumed that its footie team...but yeah, assumed is maybe the operative word
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    iainf72 wrote:
    Blanco have suspended LL Cool Sanchez when they were shocked to discover a newspaper from 2006 that mentioned he was involved in Puerto

He got a reduced sanction before for telling everything, so he must have told them about Puerto, right?
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, thought it may have been something along those lines.

As an haside, how well will IG Sigma Markets perform this season....

IG Sigma Sport I meant to say
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    johnboy183 wrote:
    IG being?

A Sky co- sponsor, that'll set the Twitter tongues wagging. Evidence that Sky were doping 5 years before they officially started :shock:
  • Interesting story from Tyler Hamilton (year in question appears to be 2008)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/exc ... r-hamilton

The same year Hamilton and his Rock Racing teammates were criticised by a prominent rider at another US race. ‘These guys shouldn’t be at the event’ the athlete told the press, pointing out that Hamilton’s and several of his teammates had been involved in Operacion Puerto. Hamilton was at the race but wasn’t racing.

During the next stage several of the Rock riders circled behind the offending rider. ‘Hey Luigi’ they heckled. ‘Luigi, fuck you.’

Luigi was of course the rider’s Puerto code name. Only Luigi had never been caught and never been sanctioned.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    ‘Hey Luigi’ they heckled. ‘Luigi, fark you.’[/i]

Thomas Dekker...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    hmmm, now that would really suck!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I knows... :(
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    I read somewhere else speculation that there are 2 luigi's but 1 classicomano - dekker and cancellara being the 2 luigis
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Yep I was going to say the same thing - a lot of people thinking it's not Dekker but Cancellera.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    edited February 2013
    I think if Cancellara was actually outed as a doper it would break my cycling-fan heart :(
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    ouch... that is sad... but I guess not entirely unsurprising...
  • I think we just have to accept the fact that many were. And deal with it.

(sorry if that sounds a bit patronising - I'm no happier about the possibility of Fabs than the next person)