Puerto trial

Comments

• Saiz: "I told Fuentes that the doors to my team were open for him"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • CONI's lawyer asks Manolo Saiz if he can identify Fuentes' "non-cyclists" clients. Saiz doesn't answer..
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Manolo Saiz: "I have never given my riders illegal products"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Manolo Saiz: "I have never given my riders illegal products"

Well, thanks to the Doc on tap, there was no need for Saiz to dish them out himself...
  • Manolo Saiz was about to identify "RSOC" and his lawyer stopped him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Manolo Saiz was about to identify "RSOC" and his lawyer stopped him.

Real Sociedad? Or is it an individual.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • No idea. If I come across it I will mention.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • So...Tyler H is testifying by satellite on 19 Feb. Best of luck to the defence lawyers and judge with trying to stop him from talking...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Could someone point me to good reading on the background to all this?

And the 'chicken' stuff too?

Wasn't following cycling in those times.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Cheers for all the scouting on twitter and updating FF.
    Timoid. wrote:
    Manolo Saiz was about to identify "RSOC" and his lawyer stopped him.

Real Sociedad? Or is it an individual.
    It should be Real Sociedad.
  • Could someone point me to good reading on the background to all this?

The USADA report has an appendix on OP - good start point

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Op ... erview.pdf
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Could someone point me to good reading on the background to all this?

Wikipedia gives a decent overview of Operation Puerto and provides plenty of citations for further reading.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • So...Tyler H is testifying by satellite on 19 Feb. Best of luck to the defence lawyers and judge with trying to stop him from talking...

Well what do you think he is going to say that he hasn't already? Think he is dead on real things to get more publicity and money. Maybe some more stupid allegations?

Heavyweight loser that guy.

tyler-phonak.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    tyler-phonak.jpg
    A propos not very much... note the number sponsor.
  • FF, firstly he's one of the key witnesses who can recount experiences which indisputably show failure of Eufe and his lovely assistant to carry out transfusions in a way which complied with a reasonable standard of public health - never mind teaching him how to do them at home himself.

And....Riis....I doubt very much that he's going to allow himself to be shut up about Riis....

And this would be in a public court hearing and under oath.
  • Yeah I heat you RR. No new names tho. I don't care that he got given an incorrect blood bag and that helps Fuentes go down.

But yeah am sure he will be one of the more vocal ones.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Yeah I heat you RR. No new names tho. I don't care that he got given an incorrect blood bag and that helps Fuentes go down.

I'm hoping Tyler will be able to out a few of the non-cycling names. Its a long shot, but he might have seen names on bags and be in a position to do so. Then he would be my hero. Maybe.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    BigMat wrote:
    Yeah I heat you RR. No new names tho. I don't care that he got given an incorrect blood bag and that helps Fuentes go down.

I'm hoping Tyler will be able to out a few of the non-cycling names. Its a long shot, but he might have seen names on bags and be in a position to do so. Then he would be my hero. Maybe.

What would be in it for him though?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466

Heavyweight loser that guy.

I'd take the eventual honesty of Hamilton and Landis any day over the weasel words of the likes of Valverde and Contador who hide behind a national federation that aren't interested in either investigating or punishing blatant doping
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,371

Here's a good summary of the Rasmussen debacle at the 2007 Tour: http://www.ridemedia.com.au/?p=8573
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    BigMat wrote:

I don't know - publicity?! Anyone who names Nadal and Barcelona under oath is going to get a fair few google hits - might help sell a few books? Looking at it another way, why wouldn't he name names? No vested interest so I'm hoping he might just blurt a few out before the entirely impartial Spanish judge can stop him!
  • BigMat wrote:
    BigMat wrote:

I don't know - publicity?! Anyone who names Nadal and Barcelona under oath is going to get a fair few google hits - might help sell a few books? Looking at it another way, why wouldn't he name names? No vested interest so I'm hoping he might just blurt a few out before the entirely impartial Spanish judge can stop him!

Cant see it myself. Remember, the names were coded...mind you, the senile assistant might have dropped a name or two, I s'pose.

I think he's more likely to rip into Riis.
  • Mind-boggling that the judge turned down an offer to name all the names. In fact more than that. Positively corrupt.
  • But in the context of the actual trial, rather than the trial you want, the names are irrelevant
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • But in the context of the actual trial, rather than the trial you want, the names are irrelevant

Might make useful witnesses.
  • bipedal
    But in the context of the actual trial, rather than the trial you want, the names are irrelevant

Might make useful witnesses.

Quite - the whole thing stinks, a massive cover-up
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Blanco have suspended LL Cool Sanchez when they were shocked to discover a newspaper from 2006 that mentioned he was involved in Puerto
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Blanco have suspended LL Cool Sanchez when they were shocked to discover a newspaper from 2006 that mentioned he was involved in Puerto

They must be the only ones who are.
  • bipedal
    iainf72 wrote:

You get the feeling that they've been waiting for a decent excuse to jetison LL given the recent comments by the DS criticising his re-up
  • bipedal wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

You get the feeling that they've been waiting for a decent excuse to jetison LL given the recent comments by the DS criticising his re-up

Well, the idiotic management went and re-signed him for 3 years just days before Rabo pulled out