Puerto trial

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mancebo is an interesting figure in the whole Puerto saga.

Here's a blog about his involvement in the whole fiasco. It's all interesting, but the very last paragraph is particularly so.

http://www.newcyclingpathway.com/news/b ... os-arribas

This is a superb article. Thanks for posting. I recommend it to all.

I didn't know that much about Mancebo apart from the bad things from this forum. It was odd because when I saw him in races in the last few years he always stood out and I found him to be a rider I liked. He is full of attacking spirit and has clearly got talent.

It is totally disgusting that they gave him nothing whilst taking his money. I would hope he could get it back. He didn't even get all the huge wealth that these other riders did. It is a shame that he had the balls to admit very early unlike so many others yet the authorities still didn't do right by him.

Garmin should give him a go seriously. I would have thought Vaughters would be all over him - great natural talent and a good guy.

It's a pretty sad story and I hope he is happy with his current lot.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12890289

batt12-win.jpg

Courchevel Stage 10 of the 2005 Tour.
    1 Alejandro Valverde - 4h 50' 35"
    2 Lance Armstrong - s.t."
    3 Michael Rasmussen - 9"
    4 Francisco Mancebo - 9"
    5 Ivan Basso - 1'02"
    6 Levi Leipheimer - 1'15"
    7 Eddy Mazzoleni - 2'14"
    8 Cadel Evans - 2'14"
    9 Andreas Klöden - 2'14"
    10 Andrey Kashechkin - 2'14

Look at him manage to be up there with the roll call of dopers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Fuentes has said he will give up the client list

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/puerto- ... lient-list

Wonder if this is all to scare some of the high profile athletes and Spain into trying to get himself a deal
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    sherer wrote:
    Fuentes has said he will give up the client list

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/puerto- ... lient-list

Wonder if this is all to scare some of the high profile athletes and Spain into trying to get himself a deal

Oooooooh, sits back, opens popcorn, waits for Marca (and others) to hurridly dig in and try and cover up all the footballers, tennis players etc.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    And so it starts....

Fuentes on Spanish radio this morning:

'Barcelona pay very well, but Real Madrid...well, they still owe me money'...for services provided 2007-09....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Serious????

Flipping Nora!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • lostboysaint
    ddraver wrote:
    Serious????

Flipping Nora!

That.

C'mon, let's have it all out in the open.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • sherer
    don't want to go on any sports sites yet until I watch the Volte Cataluña later today but didn't see that on BBC earlier when I looked. Again it shows Fuentes worked with football despite El Pias ( think) claiming it was just athletics and cycling.

No doubt FIFA and UEFA will again ignore this
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Let's play Blankety Blank (80s gameshow kids)

Surely Real Madrid would have to hire a gynecologist to treat Cristiano Ronaldo because he's a _______
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    I wish if he was going to say something he would just say it rather than keep on half mentioning it.
  • Richmond Racer
    sherer wrote:
    don't want to go on any sports sites yet until I watch the Volte Cataluña later today but didn't see that on BBC earlier when I looked. Again it shows Fuentes worked with football despite El Pias ( think) claiming it was just athletics and cycling.

From the Graun

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/ma ... eal-madrid

As of right now, there arent any giveaway headlines/links re Cataluyna on this page
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    sherer wrote:

From the Graun

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/ma ... eal-madrid

As of right now, there arent any giveaway headlines/links re Cataluyna on this page

Very interesting, lets hope this does get further and we have it all out in the open
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Ramon Calderon- didn't even pay his doping dues and he promised Kaka during his reign.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Mancebo is an interesting figure in the whole Puerto saga.

Here's a blog about his involvement in the whole fiasco. It's all interesting, but the very last paragraph is particularly so.

http://www.newcyclingpathway.com/news/b ... os-arribas

This is a superb article. Thanks for posting. I recommend it to all.

I didn't know that much about Mancebo apart from the bad things from this forum. It was odd because when I saw him in races in the last few years he always stood out and I found him to be a rider I liked. He is full of attacking spirit and has clearly got talent.

It is totally disgusting that they gave him nothing whilst taking his money. I would hope he could get it back. He didn't even get all the huge wealth that these other riders did. It is a shame that he had the balls to admit very early unlike so many others yet the authorities still didn't do right by him.

Garmin should give him a go seriously. I would have thought Vaughters would be all over him - great natural talent and a good guy.

It's a pretty sad story and I hope he is happy with his current lot.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12890289

batt12-win.jpg

Courchevel Stage 10 of the 2005 Tour.
    1 Alejandro Valverde - 4h 50' 35"
    2 Lance Armstrong - s.t."
    3 Michael Rasmussen - 9"
    4 Francisco Mancebo - 9"
    5 Ivan Basso - 1'02"
    6 Levi Leipheimer - 1'15"
    7 Eddy Mazzoleni - 2'14"
    8 Cadel Evans - 2'14"
    9 Andreas Klöden - 2'14"
    10 Andrey Kashechkin - 2'14

Look at him manage to be up there with the roll call of dopers.
    Aye, an interesting read that. Would be nice to think it's true, but again, unlikely.

Mancebo's in Kenda now, after replacing Andy Jacques-Maynes in rather acrimonious circumstances where the latter claims to have found out about it only through the press. Caused rather a mini furore that a doper was treated so well.

As of 2012/13, is Mancebo WT quality? I don't think so. He cocked up in the Tour de Beauce after being strong early on, lost in the TT but really wasn't miles better than Sutherland on the slopes. I would much rather if a Ki Ho Choi or John Ebsen, who won comfortably in the Taiwan KOM, take the step up rather than a step back to Mancebo, who I don't think really featured in that race, could be wrong.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Mancebo
    mancebo_zps1d557d64.jpg

First bike was a blue Zeleris GAC given to him by his dad. Raced from the age of eight but only serious once he reached 18. His perfect training day is a five hour ride with two or three climbs and time for a big break in a coffee shop about halfway through. His perfect ride would be a 180km race with two long climbs before a mountain finish. His worst day on a bike was stage 8 of Vuelta 2003 when he stopped. His best day was victory in Spanish national champs in 04.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Last day of the trial today. Wonder if he'll stand up and do a Jack Nicholson type speech naming everyone, doubt it.
  • lostboysaint
    Blimey, it's even made Sky Sports News now, along with the line that it MAY include other athletes from other sports.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • sherer
    so is there any actual news from today.

i still feel the Spanish will claim there were a few token athletes involved, hang them out to dry and then sweep the football and tennis stuff under the carpet
  • Richmond Racer
    sherer wrote:
    so is there any actual news from today.

i still feel the Spanish will claim there were a few token athletes involved, hang them out to dry and then sweep the football and tennis stuff under the carpet

No. It was just lawyers' closing statements. Judge now goes away for who knows how long to make up her mind on the verdict. Then there'll probably be an appeal.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,447
    Please don't tell me your surprised?

Google translate of the Volksrant article here;

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ntes.dhtml
  • LeicesterLad
    andyp wrote:
    Please don't tell me your surprised?

Google translate of the Volksrant article here;

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ntes.dhtml

Not surprised by anybody these days - just saddens me.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Reports this morning linking Flecha with Fuentes. :(

Man coached by cecchini used Fuentes for medical assistance? Shocker
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LeicesterLad
    iainf72 wrote:

Yeah fair enough - but why nobody mention him until now, especially with him being a former Sky rider... :wink:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:

Yeah fair enough - but why nobody mention him until now, especially with him being a former Sky rider... :wink:

I did back in 2010 when people were nursing a semi about him in the classics
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    iainf72 wrote:

Not surprised but confused by all these code names which I guess was the point of them. Is this suggesting that the bags previously linked to Cancellara actually belonged to Flecha?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I always thought Flecha was held back more by his brain than by his legs.

Not remotely surprised though.

Amusing watching the usual crowd turning this into a Sky problem.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    As 'resident Sky fanboi' (sic), I'll post knowing that I'm probably going to get my head ripped off....but I posted back in Nov(?) about Flecha giving a very strange interview to one of the Spanish papers, saying that he was outraged that Sky were making people sign that they hadnt been involved in doping, and that people would have to admit to things in their past. Likened it to being forced to tell your current girlfriend about an ex.

That was the clincher.
  • Richmond Racer
    edited April 2013
    I always thought Flecha was held back more by his brain than by his legs.

Not remotely surprised though.

Amusing watching the usual crowd turning this into a Sky problem.

When the team it really is a problem for is Vacansoleil, with continuing sponsorship up in the air, Rujano accused too, and the 3 Dutch teams having signed up to the KNWU investigation process which ended on 1 Apr with no new admissions, apart from Niermann and Kemna.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    DeadCalm wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Not surprised but confused by all these code names which I guess was the point of them. Is this suggesting that the bags previously linked to Cancellara actually belonged to Flecha?
    To answer my own question, no this appears to be a different set of blood bags. According to the article, Flecha is client number 33 (Clasicómano) whereas Cancellara has been linked to client number 24 (Clasicómano Luigi).
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    As 'resident Sky fanboi' (sic), I'll post knowing that I'm probably going to get my head ripped off....but I posted back in Nov(?) about Flecha giving a very strange interview to one of the Spanish papers, saying that he was outraged that Sky were making people sign that they hadnt been involved in doping, and that people would have to admit to things in their past. Likened it to being forced to tell your current girlfriend about an ex.

That was the clincher.

Fair point & I hope you don't get your head ripped off or you wouldn't be able to keep posting relevant info which personally like to see.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • lostboysaint
    sherer wrote:

That.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris