Puerto trial

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Nice line, I like that one. Quite a dreary view of the world, n'est pas.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Today's shennanigans in the Spanish version of RumpOLE* of the Bailey, focused on the phone tapping evidence.

* I'm here all week :)

Highlights included playbacks of Eufe being hysterical days before he was arrested because he was running out of supplies. Oh, and him naming Unai Osa as a client...who'd already sworn under oath a couple of weeks ago that he hadnt been a client. Oops.
  • pat1cp wrote:
    Inrng has tweeted that according to surveilance tapes Birillo called asking for more.

So much for the 'I never actually doped, just planned to' line.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • Richmond Racer
    pat1cp wrote:
    Inrng has tweeted that according to surveilance tapes Birillo called asking for more.

Yes...will be interesting to see what happens with Basso....
  • Richmond Racer
    This morning's little bombshell (so far):

José Antonio Escuredo has now come up via the phone tapping. An ex-trackie, who won various medals at Track Worlds, and silver in the kierin at the Athens Olys..and is now a coach on the Spanish national squad
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    pat1cp wrote:

Nothing would be my bet
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Richmond Racer
    iainf72 wrote:
    pat1cp wrote:

Nothing would be my bet

Maybe post-retirement...
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Basso's conducted himself with dignity and not brought anymore bad headlines to the sport so hope he isn't punished further
  • iainf72

Maybe post-retirement...

We don't know what he actually told CONI. And, to go after him again would be tricky inside the WADA code. I think it's changed in the last few years, but the code that was in place in 06 would make it impossible.
  • Richmond Racer
    edited March 2013
    EDIT: to Dave's post: but that's not really the point, is it? We're not talking about a lowly domestique here, Basso won the 06 Giro (by some notable distance), and has sworn he was clean and never doped...and its now clear that he lied (and yes, I know that almost everyone else has lied too)

EDIT (2): TBH I'm not sure what part of Basso's history has been 'dignified'. Just 2 weeks ago he appears to have committed perjury (and lied under oath for the 2nd time). That doesnt seem to show a shred of dignity.
  • frenchfighter
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Basso's conducted himself with dignity and not brought anymore bad headlines to the sport so hope he isn't punished further

Agree. All riders are equal but some are more equal than others.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    "I need your help. It's hectic," he pleaded with Merino. "Birillo [Basso's codename] is waiting for us. What should I tell him? That there is nothing to eat? Soon they are in a region where we won't be able to deliver any rolls. It had been anticipated that he would get a sandwich. If there is no sausage, I make him do one with chorizo and cheese. We promised we would give him a couple of ice lollies [blood bags]."

:lol::lol::lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited March 2013
    EDIT (2): TBH I'm not sure what part of Basso's history has been 'dignified'. Just 2 weeks ago he appears to have committed perjury (and lied under oath for the 2nd time). That doesnt seem to show a shred of dignity.

He is pretty, softly spoken, a class act on the bike, has a good family, is by all accounts humble and close to the people and sat out his ban quietly then came back with renewed vigor and class.

Edit (because you keep editing yours). Is there any evidence he used them at the Giro?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    The phone tapped convos of Fuentes panicking over not being able to provide Basso with his supplies during the Giro....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/puerto- ... -for-basso

Dignity? I dont think so
  • frenchfighter
    610x-12-5.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    "I need your help. It's hectic," he pleaded with Merino. "Birillo [Basso's codename] is waiting for us. What should I tell him? That there is nothing to eat? Soon they are in a region where we won't be able to deliver any rolls. It had been anticipated that he would get a sandwich. If there is no sausage, I make him do one with chorizo and cheese. We promised we would give him a couple of ice lollies [blood bags]."

Carry On Cycling.

Just need Barbara Windsor as the busty secretary and Sid James as the dodgy pharma rep.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I really want a chorizo and cheese roll now.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Dave_1 wrote:

Hang on, I thought your position was that we should go back through the records striking anyone who blood doped?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    RichN95 wrote:

Got a big hill to climb?! ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:

You and me both.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    "Conducted himself with dignity" is presumably code for keeping the omerta.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Graeme_S wrote:
    "Conducted himself with dignity" is presumably code for keeping the omerta.
    More likely it means "said nice things about Contador"
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Dave_1 wrote:

Agree. All riders are equal but some are more equal than others.

and some folk have a sense of humour whereas some other equals don't.
  • frenchfighter
    LoL.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_lzxdoo0sBs1rp3bqbo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    RoFL
  • "I need your help. It's hectic," he pleaded with Merino. "Birillo [Basso's codename] is waiting for us. What should I tell him? That there is nothing to eat? Soon they are in a region where we won't be able to deliver any rolls. It had been anticipated that he would get a sandwich. If there is no sausage, I make him do one with chorizo and cheese. We promised we would give him a couple of ice lollies [blood bags]."

The way this has gone I'm amazed the judge didn;t rule that, due to the fiendish code employed, no inference could be made from this conversation.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    edited March 2013

He is pretty, softly spoken, a class act on the bike, has a good family, is by all accounts humble and close to the people and sat out his ban quietly then came back with renewed vigor and class.

Edit (because you keep editing yours). Is there any evidence he used them at the Giro?

The arse kicking he dished out to Simoni on the stage to Aprica was pretty conclusive.

Edit: Simoni called him ET after the stage.
  • Richmond Racer

Carry On Cycling.

Just need Barbara Windsor as the busty secretary and Sid James as the dodgy pharma rep.

Can we start the casting process?
  • Richmond Racer
    skylla wrote:
    RoFL

Rolls on Floor Laughing...seems particularly appropriate under the circumstances