No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice!
    I think we're in Donald Rumsfeld Country on this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq5mQLArjmo

I love this speech!

Funnily enough, the speech makes perfect sense to me.

Yep - always surprised by the confusion surrounding it. DR is a dick, but what he said is crystal clear.

Like Cantona's "Seagulls follow the trawler" comment, it wasn't particularly deep or difficult to understand.

DR isn't a dick though, it goeas far further than that, I couldn't post my opinion of him here without the censor melting down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    How about Cheney was a Dick, Rumsfeld was a cnut?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • are we on a break? its gone quiet

• Yeah, truly Katusha are in the vanguard of the war against doping
  • johnboy183 wrote:
    are we on a break? its gone quiet

Yes, dont know why a big trial has a break right in the middle of it, but when it resumes in March apparently it'll focus on procedural minutiae.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    No idea what Katusha suspended him. Made no sense.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Token move aimed at trying to enhance their image while authorities were debating their re-introduction to PT.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Right.

Lest we get side-tracked from the ongoing nonsense...latest from the court this morning is that its just come to light in the last few mins that the haematologist appearing for the defence has just revelealed that..erm...he's not actually a haematologist after all. After having given evidence for 2 hours.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    This guy?
    im2c12.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWAvHnfJsOQ

"BBC News interviews the wrong 'Guy'"
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    His brother. Allegedly.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador would provide DNA
    “I wouldn’t think about it for a moment,” Contador said. “I would hand it over the moment they asked for it so that everything could be clarified for once and for all.”
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contado ... nd-for-all

Just one other thing to weigh down the haters arguments.

FYI, he has also said before they could freeze his samples and test them many years later with new tests.

It is not his fault if the authorities don't test his DNA etc.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Good, but why did he wait 7 years to offer that?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    As far as I am aware he was asked once at a dodgy trial somewhere and refused (but details are unclear there anyway, and he was just a youngter amoung some bad people). Puerto hasnt come up again since then - you dont expect him to out of the blue say test my DNA against Puerto bags.

Training hard here with his team mates.
    BD-D79pCIAArsUg.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Contador would provide DNA
    “I wouldn’t think about it for a moment,” Contador said. “I would hand it over the moment they asked for it so that everything could be clarified for once and for all.”
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contado ... nd-for-all

Just one other thing to weigh down the haters arguments.

FYI, he has also said before they could freeze his samples and test them many years later with new tests.

It is not his fault if the authorities don't test his DNA etc.

Huh? Sorry, but he has point blankly refused to let the authorities "tests his DNA" in the past. There's no point in trying to rewrite history, it's on record!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Don't waste your breath, or bandwidth. Unfortunately as far as this particular cyclist is concerned FF is on transmit and not receive.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Richmond Racer
    Of the 200-odd seized by the Guardia Civil in the 06 raid, all but 99 seem to have been destroyed....
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    CNews 20/02/13
    51 Puerto blood bags remain unlocated

CNews 05/03/13
    Contador: Puerto trial should “clarify everything for once and for all”
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    Low risk to offer DNA when there has never been suggestion there was a blood bag with his blood in it
  • frenchfighter
    iainf72 wrote:
    Low risk to offer DNA when there has never been suggestion there was a blood bag with his blood in it

He can't win can he.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72 wrote:

He didn't offer. He said he would comply if ordered to.

I hereby declare that should a court order require me, by law mind, to do something I shall. Out of the goodness of my heart. I'm just that nice.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Richmond Racer
    iainf72 wrote:

He didn't offer. He said he would comply if ordered to.

I hereby declare that should a court order require me, by law mind, to do something I shall. Out of the goodness of my heart. I'm just that nice.

If the courts ordered me to submit my DNA to prove that I'm not Lord Lucan, I'd happily do it, you know
  • inkyfingers
    iainf72 wrote:

He can't win can he.

No.

I like watching him race, but I still reckon he's as dirty as that fat girl I slept with in Ios ten years ago.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    You people are laughable, you really are. What a life you most lead being eternal pessimists.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    iainf72 wrote:

He can't win can he.

No.

I like watching him race, but I still reckon he's as dirty as that fat girl I slept with in Ios ten years ago.

TMI, Inky...TMI...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    You people are laughable, you really are. What a life you most lead being eternal pessimists.
    I am an optimist. I stubbornly cling to the faint hope that the drug cheats will be caught and chucked out.

(caught and given a backdated ban when it became clear that it couldn't be swept under the carpet is a start though)
  • inkyfingers
    iainf72 wrote:

He can't win can he.

No.

TMI, Inky...TMI...

You're lucky you can't see the images that are still burned into my brain :wink:
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Inrng has tweeted that according to surveilance tapes Birillo called asking for more.
  • iainf72

A pessimist is merely an optimist with experience, mon ami.