Puerto trial

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    skylla wrote:
    pat1cp wrote:
    I don't like the current Hamilton as he is clearly after money and fame while pretending he is doing it out of conscience.

Care to point out anyone in the peloton that isn't doing it for money and fame ?

your average domestique or manservant?

They're doing it because originally they wanted fame.. Then found out they weren't good enough but had already spent too much time cycling, and not enough time in education to do anything else
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    (in lieu of RR picking up Puerto commentary)

qu_est_ce_que_l_art_domestique_C-2.jpg
  • Ha bloody ha

:)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    skylla wrote:
    pat1cp wrote:
    I don't like the current Hamilton as he is clearly after money and fame while pretending he is doing it out of conscience.

Care to point out anyone in the peloton that isn't doing it for money and fame ?

your average domestique or manservant?

They're doing it because originally they wanted fame.. Then found out they weren't good enough but had already spent too much time cycling, and not enough time in education to do anything else
    I really don't think many of them are after fame. Money, yes, fame, no. There are plenty of top level cyclists who generally keep a low profile. They are some that relish the limelight, but just as many that shy away from it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Putting in the hard miles all the time. True Champ.

yycacbx.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Putting in the hard miles all the time. True Champ.

yycacbx.jpg

Should He not be on His bike, rather than posing for a picture, to put in the hard miles?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

yycacbx.jpg

Are his rivals all sat at home playing Playstation and eating donuts then?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I was going to post this:

yycacbx.jpg

Are his rivals all sat at home playing Playstation and eating steak then?
    FTFY

but that would be petty, immature and desperately stale, so I won't.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Boom!
    Was that the sonic one from Frenchies dummy when he gets backed into a corner ?
  • The 'corners' really are a figment of your imagination.

I'm just selective in my responses. and am under no obligation to any one.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991

yycacbx.jpg

why are you putting Contador pictures in the Puerto thread - freudian slip?

where is he anyway?
  • And here's the esteemed owner of BMC in denial mode. Unbelievable is all senses of the word

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/ ... him_275354
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    And here's the esteemed owner of BMC in denial mode. Unbelievable is all senses of the word

lost me on the first sentence there
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • And here's the esteemed owner of BMC in denial mode. Unbelievable is all senses of the word

lost me on the first sentence there

Yep. I just cannot understand why he and Och both get a free pass i.e. continually go unchallenged (and by extension, BMC)
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Just read here, earlier, about whether Pat might be protecting AC or any other bike rider which reminds me of an eye opening article in Procycling where the head of cycling from the early 1950's to the early 80's, Adriano Rodoni, was pretty much for hire. The article said that he was running a pretty shoddy set up. With this history, maybe the heads of cycling have always have always been a little on the bent side. :?
    Jerry

Ps- Nice to see Valverde winning again, Route de Sud. :?
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Just read here, earlier, about whether Pat might be protecting AC or any other bike rider which reminds me of an eye opening article in Procycling where the head of cycling from the early 1950's to the early 80's, Adriano Rodoni, was pretty much for hire. The article said that he was running a pretty shoddy set up. With this history, maybe the heads of cycling have always have always been a little on the bent side. :?
    Jerry
    Pat McQuaid may be a bad President, but he's probably the best bad President the sport has had.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jerry3571
    Nice!
    I think we're in Donald Rumsfeld Country on this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq5mQLArjmo

I love this speech!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice!

I love this speech!

Funnily enough, the speech makes perfect sense to me.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Garry H wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice!

I love this speech!

Yep - always surprised by the confusion surrounding it. DR is a dick, but what he said is crystal clear.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • jerry3571
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice!

I love this speech!

Yep - always surprised by the confusion surrounding it. DR is a dick, but what he said is crystal clear.

Not sure whether DR knew what he was on about. It kind of outlined how much his lot didn't know about anything.

It was said about Rodoni that, instead of trying to bufuddle like DR, that he used to bat away difficult questions by going on and on and on and on. Maybe a tactic for the future for the UCI answering any tricky issues in the future?? :)

-Jacques Anquetil
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    jerry3571 wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice!

I love this speech!

Not sure whether DR knew what he was on about. It kind of outlined how much his lot didn't know about anything.

It was said about Rodoni that, instead of trying to bufuddle like DR, that he used to bat away difficult questions by going on and on and on and on. Maybe a tactic for the future for the UCI answering any tricky issues in the future?? :)

Not really. He was saying that they didn't know everything (as opposed to anything). It's just that the things they didn't know were rather crucial. DR is a dick though, that bit is also clear :wink:
  • This morning's update from Puerto Watch:

the Fallen Angel (Vicioso, now suspended by Katusha) and Marcos Serrano testify today
  • Vicioso on the stand telling lots of big porkies. Or lots of puig major.

Never used Fuentes to dope. Never blood doped. Shown his racing calendar with the dope symbols - doesnt recognise, says he has a copy of the racing calendar but without the symbols. Doesnt know what they mean. His calendar shows two dates marked E & R (exctraction and reinfusion). Claims not to remember what happended on those days.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I think if you're going to put riders at risk of perjury or career suicide, you should really start at the top of the foodchain with people who can at least afford to defend themselves. If, instead, you pick on the runts of the litter from the runtiest sport, you look like pathetic, weak bullies. This farce makes me puke.
    a-few-good-men.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon
    Thanks for the updates, RR. :evil:
  • Well, at least Belma - the Kelme manager - is in the dock...and Labarta, the trainer...
  • Macaloon
    At last: the waffer-thin mints.
    MP+5+7.jpg
  • Serrano continuing the perjury trend...

Remind me again, who thinks T&R would stand an iceberg's chance in hell of working, when people are only too ready to perjure themselves and risk prison?
  • Macaloon
    Relax. All these dudes have back-stage immunity passes from Spanish Government prosecutors in return for not bringing the whole house down. It's similar to South African State nominating an attempted murder suspect as main Pistorius investigator. Helps keep the natives from asking too many awkward questions.