Puerto trial

Comments

• Kenny Pryde's spot on

http://www.biscuittinmedia.com/cipollin ... ome-truth/

'Cipollini has left the sport and its hard to see how members of his sprint train revealing all would help anyone, but what about the senior members of his old entourage who are still active now? Surely those are the people who should surely be called to account? Saeco team manager in 2001 Claudio Corti is still managing in 2013 – he is general manager with Colombia Coldeportes – a team signed up to the Movement for a Credible Cycling (MPCC) charter.

Old aides, Guido Bontempi and Bruno Vicino are currently employed in direttore sportivo roles at Lampre Merida, which is in no way reassuring. You would like to think that the cops from N.A.S. (Nuclei Antisofisticazioni e Sanità) are already lining up a little tete-a-tete with those three at least – to allow them to clear their names and to give them a chance to state their current ethical stance. And it’s probably just as well that Mercatone Uno manager Antonio Salutini retired at the end of 2011, but he’s probably worth a few minutes of N.A.S. time too.
    Unless those who are still working in the sport step up and explain themselves, the ‘Maria’ Cipollini episode is just a sensational headline, another media horrorshow dredged up from the past that isn’t going to help modern cycling at all. Forget reconciliation for the moment, let’s have some truth, prised out of current players by the force of the Law. Until Wada, the UCI and other national anti-doping bodies sort themselves out – let’s see the power of the Law in action. The hopey-changey thing can wait a bit longer'
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Cipollini hasn't let the sport though has he. He has a bike and clothing company and sponsors and rides with a female team. He also regularly pops up as a cycling "face"...

But agreed. If anything comes out of this/Amstrong/the various committees being set up, it is how to rebuild trust.
  • Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: Jaksche testifies. He says Fuentes doped him (EPO, IGF-1, homoglobin, blood transfusions) but cortizon was offered by team doctors

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: JJ says that he had 10-15 transfusions but medical check before only twice.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: which means of course that Eufemiano endangered his health. Jaksche doped on purpose and payed for it but lack of medical checks..

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    is now a good reason to say that Fuentes played with his life and health. Well, good that he speaks.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: JJ had transfusions in Merino clinic, nearby hotels, flats or at Eufemiano's house.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: JJ says there were 2 methods of BT: cheap version and Siberia (separating plasma from blood and freezing it well).

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: JJ says his nickname was "Bella", not "Vains".
  • @petercossins:

Fuentes offered a "buy one get the next one half price" offer on blood bags. According to Jaksche 1 one cost 4000 euros, 2 cost 6000
  • @petercossins:

Fuentes offered a "buy one get the next one half price" offer on blood bags. According to Jaksche 1 one cost 4000 euros, 2 cost 6000
    Awesome! The Tesco of doping.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes had Swiss account where the money for doping products and transfusions went.
    Damn, need to improve my Spanish. During Tour 2005 #Fuentes send Jaksche to his partner in Karlsruhe - Choina. A woman who ran a pharmacy.

Edit: Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes: clarification: wife of Eufemiano's partner Choina was running a pharmacy in Karlsruhe. Sorry, my Spanish is not good.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    Jaksche says that points marked on the map of France were places of transfusions. Saiz and #Fuentes decided where and when.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    Jaksche says there were times that he didn't know if the blood bag contains his blood. But #Fuentes assured him that it's his.

That last tweet is crazy. These guys were so separate from reality.
  • Tks for updates SBF.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Contador will be there on the 22nd in person. Was going to be by video conference before.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No problem FF, keeping from paying suppliers anyway!

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    #Fuentes used codes for bloodbags and contacts because he was afraid of the Guardia Civil and the press.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    Jaksche felt cheated by #Fuentes who claimed that helped only him and his team. Instead he was doping everyone.

Interesting that he wasn't aware others riders and teams were doping through Fuentes.
  • Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde
    Once again the OP judge won't allow questions about Bjarne Riis.

It's all about the public health.

Paweł Gadzała ‏@8aldwin
    Jaksche says that from his talks with #Fuentes he may assume that other athletes (football, tennis) were also involved. But never seen any1.
    Jaksche admits that he used doping before meeting #Fuentes. Dr Choina has connections with Poland, he studied in Katowice and has PL surname
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think the Pope resigning is very suspicious in its timing. I think he might be 'Maria', not Cipo.
    Twitter: @RichN95
    Jaksche says that Fuentes gave him white powder. They were suposed to throw it into urine sample during control to make it "clean".
    Jaksche about this 3rd place overall in Tour de Suisse 2006: "That was a very good result since half the peloton used Fuentes' products"

Good indication of the mindset of a pro cyclist back then.
    Jaksche says that Fuentes gave him white powder. They were suposed to throw it into urine sample during control to make it "clean".
    This is old, old news. Drop washing powder into the sample and it'll mess it up. Alternatively coat fingers in soap / bleach and wash this into the sample. Also bicarb sends the test too alkaline so fill up on that!
    This is old, old news. Drop washing powder into the sample and it'll mess it up. Alternatively coat fingers in soap / bleach and wash this into the sample. Also bicarb sends the test too alkaline so fill up on that!
    Fully aware of that. Just highlighting what is reported and interesting that Fuentes was one providing means.
    Jaksche: "My DS at Polti, Stanga, introduced me to doping...- ...I don't know if the doping was team organized at Telekom"
    Jaksche: "I also doped at CSC. I doped at all my teams from 1997" via @Juan_Guti
    Jaksche makes sure to point out that Dr. Cecchini never gave him any illegal drugs. Only training plans.
  • He is being very truthful and open from what I can tell. That last tweet is a big boost for Cecchini.
    Contador is the Greatest
    Jaksche says he didn't dope in Tinkoff Credit Systems in 2007. #Fuentes
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I think the Pope resigning is very suspicious in its timing. I think he might be 'Maria', not Cipo.
    Indeed, I expect he'll be on Oprah "confessing" all pretty soon.
  • Here comes Basso.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • JJ
    BC1EcfhCEAAJF0s.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The odd thing with Fuentes for me is that I'm more familiar with what his handwriting looks like than what he looks like.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Here comes Basso.
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde
    Even though he met Fuentes back in 2001, Basso says he first became a client in 2005.
    Basso says that Fuentes made 3 blood extractions in the winter of 2005 because he thought it was a "valid method" - he doesn't anymore.

, however, ....

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde
    Basso makes it clear though that he never got that blood re-injected. If so it could put his Giro win 2006 in danger....

Hmmm.
    Basso said he paid €15.000 to Fuentes. They originally agreed on €70.000 but they never got to finish their work together.

Did he really think it was worth 70,000 if it was legit?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited February 2013
    I never followed Basso case closely. To me though it seemed he got banned for 2 years for having his blood with Fuentes but never using it or anything else. His Giro 2006 was nuts though.

He is repeating more or less what he admitted to back in the day. He already said he was Brillo and that he went but never used - it was meant for the 2006 Tour not Giro but he never got to race it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I like this one:

"My team knew nothing about me and Fuentes"

So much for the people talking about Riis. Hamilton is such a liar.
    Contador is the Greatest