Puerto trial

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Just a side issue; I did hear an article on the radio where a Racehorse from the USA was tracked down to a Meat Factory in Europe. Racehorses are suppose to be full of naughties so could we be apologising to Mr Contador for not eating Steak but instead eating his favourite brand of Beef Lasangne from his local Supermarcado?? :lol:
    Was it a famous racehorse? Because I'd pay a decent amount of money to eat some of the horses I've lost money on at Cheltenham over the years.
    I imagine it will be seen as bad taste if I wear a Findus jacket to the Gold Cup this year.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    If you're of a certain age, you might have read Eddy B's training manual for cyclists.

He recommended eating horse.

And not going to nightclubs because people smoked a lot.

That's all I can remember
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Rich - on fire tonight. :lol:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    RichN95 wrote:
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Just a side issue; I did hear an article on the radio where a Racehorse from the USA was tracked down to a Meat Factory in Europe. Racehorses are suppose to be full of naughties so could we be apologising to Mr Contador for not eating Steak but instead eating his favourite brand of Beef Lasangne from his local Supermarcado?? :lol:
    Was it a famous racehorse? Because I'd pay a decent amount of money to eat some of the horses I've lost money on at Cheltenham over the years.
    I imagine it will be seen as bad taste if I wear a Findus jacket to the Gold Cup this year.

I think this Racehorse was clocked at an amazing at 56mph!!! That was in the back of Tescos Lorry on the M6. :wink:

Jerry

Here's the link just in case anyone thinks I made it up; I think it's this programme about the American Racehorse (warning the woman on here is the poshest woman on Radio and the programme is a bit boring and about food which is boring too. :) ).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... r_scandal/
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    After all the shenanigans on here the past few days I have to give Mr Stokes some credit for this (on the Canc subject):-

Shane Stokes ‏@SSbike
    @inrng I haven't written anything on it as it's simply rumour...so no trial here. My suggestion was simply speaking practically

Good to see! Well played Shane!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Gazzetta della Sporto is going to be uncomfortable reading for Cipolini tomorrow it would appear!

Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos
    Gazzetta's front page pic.twitter.com/vrhOClvT: "In Cipollini's magic 2002, Fuentes prescribed him EPO, transfusions and hormones."
    - @ddraver
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    That and his other crimes

FScipo.jpg
  • ddraver wrote:
    Gazzetta della Sporto is going to be uncomfortable reading for Cipolini tomorrow it would appear!

Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos
    Gazzetta's front page pic.twitter.com/vrhOClvT: "In Cipollini's magic 2002, Fuentes prescribed him EPO, transfusions and hormones."

Unfortunately in Italian, not on their English bit:
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/09-02-2 ... 4063.shtml

Put super into Mario, not unleaded.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Yet another icon of the sport shown as a doper. Never much liked him. I believe Mcewan was clean and should get the world title reassigned to him and medal + jersey
  • ddraver
    Yeah he was one of those riders I'd just assumed had already been done...
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver wrote:

:lol: That's what I thought too.
  • ddraver wrote:

:lol: That's what I thought too.

Yep, that doesn't sound like news to me either. Perhaps we have all become de-sensitised?
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    think he's been linked before and of course he did make a comeback with Rock Racing!

To be honest is there really anyone that would surprise us any more ? Even if Evans and Wiggo got linked I wouldn't be too surprised
  • I'm guessing the Italians didn't want to take him down then due to his exceptional ability to publicise the sport and their country. Big money generator.

Him doping isn't new news. The info is already quite easy to access. I was associations with him yday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I love the way he's been nabbed because his fax number was on a sheet for "Maria"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    sherer wrote:
    think he's been linked before and of course he did make a comeback with Rock Racing!

To be honest is there really anyone that would surprise us any more ? Even if Evans and Wiggo got linked I wouldn't be too surprised

I would be a little bit surprised if wiggo was dirty... positioned himself badly if he is

IIRC chipo was implicated donkeys yrs ago when room service complained cleaning up his hotel room after nearly stabbing themselves on used hypos

As time goes on I am surprised by how few are really implicated... you took the tdf 2012 field what % were tooled up? we still don't have a real handle on that compared to 2003 0r 2009?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • delete
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Cipo has come out swinging - details on cycling news, but denies it, points out that his so called fax no was an Italian landline and that he was resident in Monaco at that time, that if his code name was Maria - how come that another 2 names have been attributed to him, that he is totally innocent AND that he is willing to take "haemotological" tests to prove his innocence. I don't know exactly what they are - but if they are the DNA tests that people were suggesting Canc took, then he is certainly talking the talk.....
  • Gazzetta said that “the phone number connected to the code name "Maria" is a number in Lucca which we at the time called Cipollini in those years, in spite of his residence was in Monaco.”

Get out of that one Mario...
  • mroli wrote:
    Cipo has come out swinging - details on cycling news, but denies it, points out that his so called fax no was an Italian landline and that he was resident in Monaco at that time, that if his code name was Maria - how come that another 2 names have been attributed to him, that he is totally innocent AND that he is willing to take "haemotological" tests to prove his innocence. I don't know exactly what they are - but if they are the DNA tests that people were suggesting Canc took, then he is certainly talking the talk.....[/quote

OP was 06 by which time SuperMario has retired (first time around). Who knows where Fuentes still had any of his bags in 06, and what condition they'd be in, of so.

EDIT: Bleeding 'eck, he didnt hold back, did he?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report- ... ro-ditalia
  • No_Ta_Doctor

EDIT: Bleeding 'eck, he didnt hold back, did he?

Heart of a lion.
  • cipo.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The quantities he used were uber hardcore:

But Cipo says:
    "To further prove Mr. Cipollini is not linked to the claims made, he is willing to undergo any kind of hematological test to compare the 99 bags in possession of the Spanish judicial system.

And Cecchini says:
    "I've read what Gazzetta dello Sport has published about Mario Cipollini but I've nothing to do with him and Dr. Fuentes. I didn’t send Cipollini to Fuentes,"

"I've done tests and prepared training programmes for lots of riders over the years, but I was never involved in doping them. Ask them and any other rider, they'll defend me. I was investigated by Italian police a long time ago but I was never put on trial. That must mean something,"

"It's not that simple. Just because I coached them, it doesn't mean I could tell if they were doping, even with SRM data, or whatever. I never knew that riders might have been doping."

"My concience is clear. I know I didn’t do anything wrong, even if God is the final judge of if we lived honest lives."

"I'm old and probably only have five years to live. I love cycling like lots of people but I'm not interested in trying to help find a solution to the doping problem. It's not up to me,"

"I think all the police investigations have proved that the anti-doping controls don't work, that they're a waste of time and of huge amounts of money. I think we should use those millions to create a special international police force that can work to fight doping. That's the only real solution."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Cecchini is a weird one. Hamilton basically gives him a clean bill of health, but he's trained so many of the riders linked to Puerto. It's not credible that he didn't monitor them and NOT know they were doping. But it looks like he just turned a blind eye. I wonder just how he reconciles that internally?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    He was a doper's beard.
  • David Millar trained with him for a brief period between his return on 06 from his ban and the Tour - Sciandri recommended him to DM. Ceccini never charged DM, interestingly. DM maintains that he never got a hint of Ceccini being involved with doping.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    ...whilst Ferrari was more of a Groucho Marx glasses, nose and 'tache.
    rman14461l.jpg
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    He [Cecchini] graduated as a sport doctor in his forties, and along with Dr. Michele Ferrari was one of the leading disciples of Professor Francesco Conconi.

I was interested by the language used here. 'Disciples' suggests Conconi had a prophecy or rather with more realistic use of language a theory - a scientific theory. Having a look at Conconi's Wiki page (great source, i know) it seems he had just that - a scientific theory.

The fact that Conconi's theory lead to some truly influential and legitimate developments in sports science seems to go some way to explaining the mentality of Cecchini and Ferrari. Particularly some of the absurd sounding statements they persist with.

Clearly what they were doing wasn't just a case of being the dirty doctor - i.e. 'Because i'm a doctor i'm in a position to sell you drugs you wouldn't otherwise be able to get hold of. Plus i'll tell you how to use them if you pay me some more'. True, that is how it eventually transpired (at least with Conconi and Ferrari) but there's always that lingering element of genuine advancement in sports science.

For me, it doesn't take away from the absurdity of what they say. It just explains why they say those things.
  • i think fax machines always go to a landline, or at least to some sort of router that sends the signal to the faxmachine. you can plug them in anywhere.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails