Snow?

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Rolf F wrote:
    Fabulous by name, fabulous by nature then! Any other laws of physics you are good at defying? :wink:

Rides a tricycle :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    we have snow on the ground here and its heading east, enjoy

In other news I had to leave work early and get a lift home, this mornings annoying ear ache has turned into full on dizziness, jaw ache and real man-size pain.

I blame wiggle
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    itboffin wrote:
    we have snow on the ground here and its heading east, enjoy

In other news I had to leave work early and get a lift home, this mornings annoying ear ache has turned into full on dizziness, jaw ache and real man-size pain.

I blame wiggle
    Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
  • itboffin
    What!? speak up i cant hear you :roll:
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    45566_10151441509339924_1208754957_n.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Snow here in Brizzle.. maybe half an inch but coming down fairly heavy..
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Snow here in Brizzle.. maybe half an inch but coming down fairly heavy..
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    loadsa snow here

so much so i had a big chunk stuck between my crown (on forks) an front wheel

just using my normal Marathon +'s 23's at the moment, depending on how bad it gets i might use my dirty bike with 2.35 Maxxis Minion tyres... oh it has discs which is nice....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    that was fun.... now being told go home, so get to do it all again
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Might have to abandon, the bike for the commute home

:-(
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Kieran_Burns
    Really?????

There's none here.

Mind you...

If I had known how hard that ride in was going to be, I would not have tried it. It was 'only' -1 but I was colder today than the -5 ride home on Wednesday, and the headwind was crippling.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • mudcow007
    sideways snow is no fun when its flying in your eyes

still enjoyed my self though
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I got in fine early this morning, largely due to a complete lack of snow. I was planning on hitting a 10am meeting and the leaving as soon as the snow started.

That's all gone out of the window and I'm sitting here looking at a cm on the ground already.

Would I be mad to try to get home on my Conti Gatorskins later?
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    Yeah interesting one. Wandsworth - City at 630 this morning was totally fine. I was watching the gritters - I think the bike lanes will be dangerous as they grit from the outside lane on dual carriageways and it does fine, but the salt wasn't getting quite into the CS7 pathways.

I'm beginning to feel perhaps I was over bullish cycling in today. But equally if i'd taken the train i'd be stuffed if transport goes down. At least I'm reliant on my own power this way - worst comes to worst, I'll walk like I did a couple of years ago.
  • Nothing here at all, cold and clear this morning. Had great fun aiming for all the iced-over puddles; the look of horror on people's faces is a picture.

Edit: And it was the first morning this year where I didn't really need to use my lights at all. LOVE IT!!
  • rubertoe
    It is gonna be an interesting one that is for sure, especially as the snow is actually settling here in central London! I'm actually a little concerned how I am gonna get home now. Your right about being over bullish, I should have got the tube.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    rubertoe wrote:
    It is gonna be an interesting one that is for sure, especially as the snow is actually settling here in central London! I'm actually a little concerned how I am gonna get home now. Your right about being over bullish, I should have got the tube.

'ave a word.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Cycled in much heavier snow than this and when there is way more on the roads on my 23mm slicks.

Its really not that bad. There are so many cars in London the snow wont settles on the roads. Just use your common sense, go slower and ride in the car tracks.

Just be careful when you get back home to your side roads. They are not gritted, so best off walking the bike down these.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    rubertoe wrote:

Not settling on Fleet Street at all, where are you?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Kieran_Burns
    Overcast with a chance of snow and rain showers. Fog early. High of -1C with a windchill as low as -11C. Windy. Winds from the SE at 20 to 30 km/h. Chance of snow 60%.

Ah. That explains it :shock: :? :cry:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    pangolin wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Not settling on Fleet Street at all, where are you?

Petty France. Opposite St James Park.

• davis wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

'ave a word.

Snow settling in central London just before 9am. It's got to try harder than this though.

IMAG0053_zps066581f3.jpg
  • mudcow007
    its a couple of inches here.....
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Main roads will be alright innit?
  • Well I wimped out and drove in. For the boss to tell us to go home. My word it's coming down! Now home with the wood burner on. Maybe a snowball fight later with the neighbours and a lunchtime pint in the pub I think.
    Take care out there everyone.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Back Garden:

photo_zps7427de06.jpg

Wilma was more excited that junior!

Thank god for a laptop and working from home - far easier than 10 miles in 5" of snow!
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    10 miles in 5" of snow!

It's true what women say, then.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    gtvlusso wrote:

That dog is ace.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • mudcow007
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Back Garden:

photo_zps7427de06.jpg

Molly (our collie) hasnt seen snow yet...

just been told i can leave at 14:00 i think Molly is going to have her first play in snow!!
  • itboffin
    Gtv that's not 5" bet you tell all the girls that