Snow?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
well anyone get any?

we had a bit of sleet last night but just freezing rain today

bit gutted to be honest i cant remember my last commute in snow...

so how many inches did you get?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Very light dusting in SW London.
    exercise.png
  • A light dusting in Suffolk, too, but the forecast is for heavy snow from 4pm. Could be a fun ride home.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Nothing, cold and raining here in Bristol (rarely get snow here)

Hence working from home today, well, In all honesty, I burned my butt on the radiator in the bathroom - it really hurts! So, I am working from home - we also have to get the boiler fixed, loud vibrating sound can't be good....
  • Lassic
    Lassic Posts: 32
    Got about an inch or so in Nottingham.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Light dusting in North London/South Herts.

More forecast for the commute home.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Couple of inches round my way. Enough for chavs to make into snowballs to wang at cyclists, stay alert peeps, nearly got hit int the face a couple of years ago with a bus behind me. Could have been nasty as.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Lassic wrote:
    Got about an inch or so in Nottingham.

Mainly clear roads though... but the Marathon Winters are in use due to some bends and back roads being covered still

Just had a note from a mate WFH in Draycott, and it's started snowing again there.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Some snow at the top of the hill. The rest was just mile after mile of wall-to-wall sheet ice :shock: Stupidly, given it was 2C, I wondered if I'd get away with the road bike :roll: Decided not to risk it in case there were pockets of ice.... :lol::lol::lol: :roll:

On the plus side, work on the Kessock Bridge roundabout meant that there was a 40 minute delay on the A9 south so I rode past 2 or 3 miles of solid queueing dual carriageway :twisted:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mudcow007
    just spoken to some in Huddersfield who reckon they have a light covering but is still snowing an getting heavier

come on weather gods....show me what you got!!!
  • A couple of cm at home when I left, but none at work. It is however snowing in N Yorks right now with 5-10 cm forecast for this pm. In the car today, but fancy a ride in tomorrow.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    None here in Cornwall.

Heading to London tomorrow morning so hoping trains are too delayed or cancelled.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Kieran_Burns
    started properly snowing in Ruddington now and my mate in Draycott says he can't see the other side of the road outside his window.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Couple of CM in Milton Keynes, then it seems to partially melt away. However it is snowing more now and the weather suggest by 3-4pm we should have heavy snow with 0 or minus figures so guess it will be iced up over night.

Think I'll be sticking to the rollers today for training.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Some snow here this morning after I arrived. Enough to be slippy and potentially treacherous so I hope it will be gone by the time I leave.
    I never got any inches, thank you very much. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I think Louis Smith was afraid he might get about 6 inches of Snow earlier this year. :roll:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    started properly snowing in Ruddington now and my mate in Draycott says he can't see the other side of the road outside his window.
    Has he actually opened the curtain?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    We did have now its just rain as usual
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • beams87
    beams87 Posts: 151
    Stay away from the trains, roads and airports people, 1/4 inch is enough to shut down the country it seems!!
    "A beaten path is for beaten men"
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    A few flakes in Gravesend yesterday morning made for a fun ride in shorts. Very light dusting this morning and a few flakes again. Opted for the mountain bike - unncessary on way in but hopefully it will be justified on way home!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Some bloody spoilsport has said it will turn to rain in the afternoon....
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • mudcow007
    sleet here

im really really gutted
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ace the rain has stopped
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Kieran_Burns
    All stopped now, am expecting the rain shortly
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • rubertoe
    Its raining here; and cold.

Still snowing in Barnet though which is where I will be heading.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    The temperature here hasn't budged by so much as a degree here today. Worse, it's now beginning to dribble downwards. More ice for the ride home I expect.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • beams87
    beams87 Posts: 151
    Being a complete moron at the weekend, I took off my mud guards not thinking about this mornings commute...
    "A beaten path is for beaten men"
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    Had a cm or two overnight, and reasonably heavy snow in the morning, then sleet, then light snowing but none settling :-(

I've not been up to riding for ages, after taking ages to recover from nasty virus. I am almost back to my old self now, was umming and aaring about riding in today but the snow put me off. Half way into work I was cursing myself though. I'm about to skip out to the LBS here at work and get some tyres that aren't slicks so that I have no excuses for tomorrow :-)
  • rubertoe
    well that was rubbish...

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lots of snow falling as I left the office.
    Took the train. :oops:
    Quite a lot accumulated at my destination, even on the roads. Decision justified.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • A good covering here now, and it was snowing heavily on the ride home. I'd failed to appreciate that, when you're riding along with the snow driving hard into your face, you can see only marginally more than absolutely bugger all.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5