CCCC2CCC(CrudCatcherCymruCoast2CoastCharityChallenge)

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Gazlar wrote:
    ..... I just went through 3 Pisces looking for it.
    :lol:

Like a fish out of water
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    first training ride done, still a long way to go
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • How i wish i wasnt 16...LOOOL. I wanna do that! Is this an annual thing? or just a one off?
  • Gazlar
    Its the first time we've done it, so whether its an annual thing or a one off is yet to be seen, but if you hang around the crudcatcher youll get to know if we do it again
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Huge amounts of good luck your way folks. I'll throw money at you on justgiving. Wish I had the fitness to join this sort of thing but knackered ankles and being a fat tub of lard don't help :) Good charity choice too, doing a fundraiser for exactly the same one.
  • Ransaka wrote:
    Huge amounts of good luck your way folks. I'll throw money at you on justgiving. Wish I had the fitness to join this sort of thing but knackered ankles and being a fat tub of lard don't help :) Good charity choice too, doing a fundraiser for exactly the same one.

Don't let anything stop you from doing things like this. My knees are absolutely fucked and I'm only 22. I will do this and I will complete it, I haven't been putting a whole lot of serious effort in yet, I have been trying but not gone hardcore yet. Lost half a stone already... You only live one life so make the most of it, if you want to do something, do it.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    You only live one life so make the most of it, if you want to do something, do it.

Amen to that :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Gazlar
    miss notax wrote:
    You only live one life so make the most of it, if you want to do something, do it.

Amen to that :lol:

Or if you are really incapable, suggest doing it and then when lots of keen people sign up it makes you have to do it ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • miss notax
    :lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Ransaka
    Sage words but there's no way I'd come on a CC ride of any kind until I'm fitter as I'd be the typical, hated fat Spesh rider :) I'll still be a hated Spesh rider regardless but at least I can hopefully get rid of the tubby bit :D
  • Gazlar
    if you can manage a 40 mile mostly downhill day (road climb back up from where we came) youd be more than welcome to join us on the last day. we are staying in Bryn Bettws Lodges at port talbot that night too for a bit of a drink and chill with 4x the day after
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • miss notax
    Sod 4X - I shall be mostly recovering (and possibly drinking) :lol:

• Gazlar
    miss notax wrote:
    Sod 4X - I shall be mostly recovering (and possibly drinking) :lol:

I imagined this might be the case, see to me, 4x is 4 people in coloured tabbards racing from the traps along a dusty track, like greyhound races. Inorder to whet your appetite for this we shall be employing a "hare" in the form of a muscular man wearing a pair of tight blue swimming shorts and carrying a gun
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Ransaka
    Gazlar wrote:
    if you can manage a 40 mile mostly downhill day (road climb back up from where we came) youd be more than welcome to join us on the last day. we are staying in Bryn Bettws Lodges at port talbot that night too for a bit of a drink and chill with 4x the day after

By September I should be able to manage that but to be honest I won't be able to get the time off work. Kind of you to offer mind.
  • projectsome
    Ransaka wrote:

Don't let anything stop you from doing things like this. My knees are absolutely farked from birth. I will do this and I will complete it, I haven't been putting a whole lot of serious effort in yet, I have been trying but not gone hardcore yet. Lost half a stone already... You only live one life so make the most of it, if you want to do something, do it.

This* but I know we're doing something good, I like riding.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Any news on the next training ride?

I've swapped the gym for burgers so need to get refocused again!
  • Gazlar
    Ransaka wrote:

Don't let anything stop you from doing things like this. My knees are absolutely farked from birth. I will do this and I will complete it, I haven't been putting a whole lot of serious effort in yet, I have been trying but not gone hardcore yet. Lost half a stone already... You only live one life so make the most of it, if you want to do something, do it.

How rough was your midwife?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    Gazlar wrote:
    Ransaka wrote:

How rough was your midwife?

It's the price you pay for trying to hit the ground running at 2lb
  • It's also the price you pay for trying to hit the ground running at 40 mph... Think that could have been the final nail in the coffin for my knees!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Was talking to Ben (NM) yesterday after Afan BP steez and we brought this up, i'll be up for joining on the last day, and probably end up more knackered than you guys who have been riding all week.. It'll be worth the 'pain' :lol: for having a sesh at the finish though, make mine a bow..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Gazlar
    sweet as, were having beers and staying over at bryn bettws so if you want a room just ring them and tell em youre with us lot and theyll put you in the smae block
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    tidy nice one
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    A chap called Matt Page broke the record for the Welsh c2c yesterday, doing it in 18hrs 41mins.

Best get training chaps!
  • Gazlar
    ste_t wrote:
    A chap called Matt Page broke the record for the Welsh c2c yesterday, doing it in 18hrs 41mins.

Best get training chaps!

Even we can beat best part of 19 hours a day
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • miss notax
    Ok guys...

Those of you who can't make it or who don't wish to undertake such a MASSIVE challenge, feel free to support those poor souls who HAVE signed up to do it here :D

http://www.justgiving.com/CC2CC

It's one hell of a bike ride raising money for a bloody good cause!!! 8)

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    How much equipment are you short by ?
    Living MY dream.
  • miss notax
    I think we could do with help with disposables like inner tubes, energy gels / sports nutrition etc. or mechanical support for the challenge itself.

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I you work out the costings for the gels and tubes and any bits you need ill settle it for you.
    Living MY dream.
  • Gazlar
    VTech wrote:
    I you work out the costings for the gels and tubes and any bits you need ill settle it for you.

That's such a generous offer thank you so much. We have a few emails out to bike shops and energy food suppliers etc so I shall see what comes in from that so we're not asking you for stiff that we don't need.

Really am touched by the offer vtech Thanks so much
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp