CCCC2CCC(CrudCatcherCymruCoast2CoastCharityChallenge)

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I don't mind personally - but I think the achievement will be the same whichever route we do (ie we are still riding from one coast to the other) and the perception will also be the same. Friends, family and sponsors won't care about the finer points of the route - whatever we choose :lol:

On the subject of sponsors i'm going to set up a group JustGiving page - can people who are definites let me know their names (PM or whatever) so I can add you on? I can also add people on there as I go for anyone that's still deciding :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    This is what i thought plotting it....i may tweak it a little, some days longer some shorter depending on accommodation etc and also incorporate other bits.

So next choice.....15 miles extra and start in Rhyl or as planned?

Miss Notax...im obviously a definite , Gaz "Gazlar" Derry
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Count me in as a definite now, if it's the shorter one, you've pulled me in :) Miss Notax, I'll PM you. I don't want these reprobates finding out my true identity of being Batman! whoops!

Now, Rhyl, Sheep's Mum lives there. Is it worth the extra 15 miles to meet her Mum? Haven't we all met her already? Is it a road ride from there to the original start point? If so, I'm going to suggest let's not start in Rhyl. That said though, I've already had one person agree with me in this thread (Thanks Lawman!) so I'm not expecting it to happen more than once.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Which ever route we do, I'm sure it will be a great week of riding and for a great cause. Which is all that matters really!

Thanks to Gaz and Miss Notax for organising all this btw... I'm terrible at organising anything!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Give me a shout if you want to ride the Peaks, can sort out some cracking rides away from the crowds any time I'm around day or night.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Richie63
    Just a thought, this ride is Monday to Sat but could it be Sat to Sat and a rest/ repair day mid week. Might take the pressure off and give something to aim for for those whom may be flagging .
  • Gazlar
    Looked at Sat to Sat just a lot of days for people to commit to.

Right ill stop pussy footing around, me and Clank will sort the route and start location based on our data and let you know. Ill try and keep it that little bit shorter though.

Also next week ill set up an event on fb.....I've git some of you but if i haven't, add me, i believe im still the only Gaz Derry on there. And pop your forum name on the request.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Well I think I've managed to get the time off. I'd better start training seriously.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I vote for the shorter/funner route but without starting in Rhyl. Although it is a pretty quick ride on the coastal path from Conwy and back, it probably isn't worth it! If anyone wants to do it on the Sunday before we start, I'll be staying in Llandudno anyway so could venture out for a bit.

Getting weekends off is an absolute ballache for me, so some peaks based weekday training rides would be ideal. Or anywhere else for that matter, as long as it is a weekday!
  • Gazlar
    I get every 5th week off ste so midweeks are good for me, especially as the summer approaches.

anyway, got this done tonight
    logocharity.jpg
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Brilliant - love it!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • That's fantastic, Gaz! Nicely done!

Looking forward to it a lot :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Cheers guys.

Spent a bit more time going over the route yesterday....can i bring the full commitment and deposit date forward to the end of April as i would like to ensure we get the right accommodation and not have to amend the route to find hostelling. Plus i have to give house the end of May which is going to be pretty hard to be fully organized. Plus there are aready a good number committed so the later its left the harder it is to get the right accommodation.

If anyone then wants to join in and commit after the end of April they can have details and book themselves subject to availability if that makes sense?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Put me down as a definite. I can't miss out on this, even if I don't make it all the way, I can die trying!
    Should be able to raise some good monies here too.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    This sounds excellent.
    I rode C to C across Scotland some years ago, before there was an official route with a group of friends and a minibus for the kit etc. We worked out our own route.
    It averaged round 45 to 50 miles a day over some rough ground and steep climbs. We were all from a running club and pretty fit at the time yet some found it really tough going on the hard days and the average speed was 5 mph on one particularly tough day with big climbs on rough tracks.
    So I think averaging it out at mid to late 30's per day is a good option. It makes the difference from being on holiday and having a challenging and enjoyable time or a bit of a route march.

I'm starting riding again after an injury so have to build my base up but love the thought of this ride, but it's not all bad as Leeds based so plenty of TDF country to ride in to get back to speed.

So count me in! Might mean a new bike too over the summer.
    Peter
  • Richie63
    Gazlar wrote:
    Cheers guys.

Spent a bit more time going over the route yesterday....can i bring the full commitment and deposit date forward to the end of April as i would like to ensure we get the right accommodation and not have to amend the route to find hostelling. Plus i have to give house the end of May which is going to be pretty hard to be fully organized. Plus there are aready a good number committed so the later its left the harder it is to get the right accommodation.

If anyone then wants to join in and commit after the end of April they can have details and book themselves subject to availability if that makes sense?

Just pm the amount you need and when you need it. I'll sort from this end. As long as I'm on shore then should get it to you asap. Thanks for organising BTW
  • Awesome work Gaz!

As above, let me know how much you need and when by!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ^^^^ What them 2 said! :)
  • This would be an excellent opportunity to get stuck in with the CC distance challenge for your training.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Cash no problem, let me know transfer details.
    Peter
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    Clank I've sent you that route via email and I have a 50 page dossier of 1:50k os maps printed out and all the waypont co ordinates if you want a copy.

Yup, all picked up - but they don't translate too well into MMv4, so I'll think I'll move onto Multimap. I've got the MBRUK route as a GPX now (finally got it sort last night) so that'll be winging it's way over tonight. Any hardcopies you've got would be great. If my file is unreadable gobbledy gook, let me know and I'll drop that onto Mulitmap instead, too.

Like the others, just let me know what's needed and when and I can get it sorted for you.

Lovin' the logo, too!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Clank I've sent you that route via email and I have a 50 page dossier of 1:50k os maps printed out and all the waypont co ordinates if you want a copy.

Yup, all picked up - but they don't translate too well into MMv4, so I'll think I'll move onto Multimap. I've got the MBRUK route as a GPX now (finally got it sort last night) so that'll be winging it's way over tonight. Any hardcopies you've got would be great. If my file is unreadable gobbledy gook, let me know and I'll drop that onto Mulitmap instead, too.

Like the others, just let me know what's needed and when and I can get it sorted for you.

Lovin' the logo, too!

Cheers dude, if it won't translate try it on ordnance survey getamap. It's free but limited feature wise unless you pay (mainly printing out but I have full membership at so I can always print stuff)

Found a couple of articles on coast to coast rides too which I would scan and post on here but as they are from mbuk and copyright etc. I'll pop them on fb later tho
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar
    Right, here comes the list as it stands

Definates
    Gazlar
    Clank
    Miss Notax
    NorthernMonkey
    KickingMule
    Lawman
    Richie63
    Ste_T
    DF33
    Northern Train

Pencilled ins
    Oldman
    El Cap
    Tudj

If I dont have you on Facebook and you are on, if you give me, Gaz Derry an add, I shall be building the event on there so I can add some resources easily and other bits and pieces later today and tommorrow.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    I'm just awaiting to hear back about getting the time off, once I have that I'll be on that definite list! Is there a max number you have in mind?
  • Gazlar
    I think with the definates and should the pencilled ins be comfirmed then thats a decent number for accomodating and being able to support
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I've taken the bike out and it works relatively well, so wil start some preliminary training within the next 2 weeks. Is it the begining or end of April we need to let you know by?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Gazlar
    Some time in April dude, I'd like to book around the end so the sooner the better really. training ride at FOD on 25th feb though, more details later
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I've taken the bike out and it works relatively well, so wil start some preliminary training within the next 2 weeks. Is it the begining or end of April we need to let you know by?

Get some miles in, dude - wouldn't be the same without you!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Clank wrote:

Get some miles in, dude - wouldn't be the same without you!

most of these miles will be done on road, bikes gonna need a good service before I hit some serious mountains
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    I've just had the days off authorised, I'm a definite now! :D