Tour Down Under *spoiler*

Comments

• ddraver wrote:
    Errm, it was somewhere in the massive Contador thread, I love you goat, but not that much!

I thought we had something special.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pross wrote:
    Fair enough, you just seemed to be implying it was a lesser stage win in some way. I thought it was a class win to be fair, the pursuiting strength seemed to allow him to go early enough to bridge and then maintain the effort.

Definitely class win. Definitely better than Greipels. I don't think many people would disagree.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ddraver wrote:
    Errm, it was somewhere in the massive Contador thread, I love you goat, but not that much!

Im still waiting for my apology about that from you know who. Ironically, he did what LA did and went on the attack :) ...twas dead funny though.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I ve long suspected that there are some similarities between Mr Fighter and Mr Armstrong. Not that I'm accusing Frenchie of systematic doping, lying and bullying mind*...

*No really I'm not, he knows I love him really!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    This may have be mentioned elsewhere but I quite like the "Former UK National Champion" band on G's jersey.

It looks a lot better than the red, white and blue ring.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • mfin
    ddraver wrote:
    I ve long suspected that there are some similarities between Mr Fighter and Mr Armstrong. Not that I'm accusing Frenchie of systematic doping, lying and bullying mind*...

I did have a link to Cyclismasgate, but I think somehow a bunch of the posts got removed :)
  • mfin wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I did have a link to Cyclismasgate, but I think somehow a bunch of the posts got removed :)

Just give me the jist.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    alanp23 wrote:
    This may have be mentioned elsewhere but I quite like the "Former UK National Champion" band on G's jersey.

I can't decide if I like it or not. Looks a bit clashy.
  • I quite like it
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Well done Geraint on his win! :)

Very pleased for him. We didn't see a lot of him last year because of the Olympics, so hopefully he'll do well in the Classics.
  • frenchfighter
    mfin wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Just give me the jist.

You sound a little desperate. I'm guessing you watch soaps.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Turfle wrote:
    alanp23 wrote:

I can't decide if I like it or not. Looks a bit clashy.

It's better than looking like a former dutch national champion. Or maybe not, but it's more obvious anyway.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986

Someone's a feisty little soldier today! I'm impressed! :wink:
  • mfin wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Just give me the jist.

Lightweight. Must try harder

@gietvangent
  • mfin
    mfin wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Just give me the jist.

Lightweight. Must try harder

I was wrong, it wasn't deleted, it was the wrong link I looked up... here you go, Cyclismasgate http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12832862&hilit=%26quot%3Bmade+up%26quot%3B&start=300

read down to see where the post with the big quote in it from Mr FF says: (and then onwards)

Can't you guys see what low level people are calling the shots here and ruining lifes.

Read what Contador is saying. The guy is a very respectable person.

I'm disgusted.
  • some idiot commentating on a Cycling Weekly post today re Cookson and UCI Presidency is ranting and raving about Cookson having proposed Chris Hoy for Pres.

another one to have fallen for cyclismas....
  • Moreyn
    Moreyn Posts: 124
    Cannot understand why this news is not a major headline on all the cycling related sites?

And didn't he do it in style!!

Video Highlights >>: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/racing/
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Possibly because some haven't watched it yet and were trying to avoid the result ;)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    So you haven't read the Tour Down Under thread and decided to create a whole new thread?

A word of advice, don't do a thread title like this for any major races!!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    A word of advice, don't do a thread title like this for any major races!!
    Quite. I believe the last person who did this had his hands chewed off by donkeys as punishment.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Super leg definition.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Super leg definition.
    You sound like a judge at Crufts.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    I always look out for legs.

This is my favourite:
    Stage3Cancellara.jpg
    And there is another one of an AG2R rider but I can't find it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I've always had a man crush on Patrick Fedrigo's legs

...... did i just say that out loud? :o
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh lord.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Yanto Barker is lovely. He could use someone asking him slightly better questions though.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    My fave 'leg' pic :)

Jan_Ullrich.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • frenchfighter
    Slagter, mentioned for yday's part, takes the win ahead of Goss and Gilbert. Tom is turning into a pretty good rider.
    Contador is the Greatest