Bikeradar Spring Fling 2013 010413

1234568»

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    biker5chef wrote:
    Got the Swiss hill (100 Climbs 71 Swiss Hill) as a hidden segment! What did you record yours on? Edge 800 for me!

Bryton Rider 35 for me. Can different GPS really be that far out? I think not.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Guys, there is...

Swiss hill (short to t junction)
    Swiss hill 100 climbs no 71 (t junction then left and a bit further)
    Swiss hill to the top (left at the t junction then left again for a little bit)
    Since Alex yelled right, we went that way. Smidsy, did you do the next bit? It's steep briefly then flattens out and the road bends right..
  • smidsy
    I turned left and did another little section which put me higher up the hill.

This means my lack of elevation compared to biker5 is even more innacurate.

Hey Ho.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Some of us didn't bother with the cobbles at all - I followed the example of the World Champion - he didn't get where he is today by tackling Swiss Hill on rides like the Spring Fling :lol:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    nochekmate wrote:
    Some of us didn't bother with the cobbles at all - I followed the example of the World Champion - he didn't get where he is today by tackling Swiss Hill on rides like the Spring Fling :lol:

Indeed. I saved my leg(s) for the all-important hammerfest on the section after the cafe stop. Cobbles? Pah.
  • Cobbles warmed up my legs a treat for the rest of the ride. No pain no gain!
  • I went out today to ride all the way to the top (you can't claim a hill if you;ve not done the whole lot!). Felt like I worked much harder, then got home to find I was slower. Bugger!
    Still, I can now definately say i've done all of Swiss Hill...
  • smidsy
    nochekmate wrote:

Hmmm. And I have still got nowhere regardless of Swiss Hill or Swiss Roll :oops:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    Pokerface wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:

Indeed. I saved my leg(s) for the all-important hammerfest on the section after the cafe stop. Cobbles? Pah.

Yes the pace for the front group was significantly higher than before the stop. Well at least it seemed so from an ever increasing distance. :wink:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Thanks to all - another good ride out, Swiss Hill put the final nail in my headsets coffin, but glad I did it.