Bikeradar Spring Fling 2013 010413

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Done a flatter route with a sting in the tail as the day warms up...

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=518426
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Hi there,not sure of your revised route but this is what greeted me on my Tuesday ride. Picture was taken at Biddulph Park(nowhere near as high or isolated as Dane Bridge/Wincle etc) and this particular road should have been part of the Cheshire Cat route ! Drifts on the quieter lanes are still quite bad forcing traffic into single file.Still plenty of snow and ice on the lanes. Taken to riding on the plains of Cheshire for the rest of the week where all roads are in a snow free state. Hope this helps.
    Snow-vi.jpg
  • napoleond
    Cheers for that. I've not touched the bike for 2 weeks now!

First post amended with correct route and details etc.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Revised route on Mapymyride: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/185624670
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I'm out this yr because of the hols. Have a great ride guys!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I'm looking forward to this. I haven't been out for a week and half now and I'm missing it! Still, will have a club run on Sunday. If the thawing continues over the weekend I'm hoping there'll be less white stuff by the time we get to Macc.

Macclesfield Leisure Centre postcode for your Sat Nav is SK10 4AF, it sounds like car parking won't be a problem as the centre is closed and has a massive car park. But don't expect any public toilets (it's a big place with plenty of blind spots if you're desperate).
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Route put into Garmin.

Tomorrow I'll be giving the bike a minor service and a shakedown on Saturday. The road bike hasn't been out for a fair few weeks so I need to make sure it all still works.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • napoleond
    I'm going to check if the wonderful Jodrell Bank cafe is open in case the majority demand a stop.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    I have a day pass stamped by 'er indoors, so it's looking like I might make it.

Now, where's me velocipede?
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Right no promises as it depends on family plans, but I may travel up, depends on whether you want an old slow coach to ride with you :roll: :mrgreen:

Miles this year (Yeah lots of fat burning): - 1670.98 Miles
    Hours riding: - Just under 90 Hours (70% Turbo/Rollers/30% Road)
    Total number of rides: -73

I could do with some speed work as all this fat burning has buggered up any thoughts of getting any power down.

So if it stays around 6 degrees then may well bring a mate or two with me.
  • napoleond
    Forecast is pretty good!
    That's more miles than I've done in the last 18 months...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Velonutter
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Forecast is pretty good!
    That's more miles than I've done in the last 18 months...

As long as my missus doesn't mind then will do my best to get up there Nap.
  • napoleond
    Super :)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Velonutter
    Right lads, Looks like it might just be me, Gizmondo's has offered me a lift, but I may just come straight up to save a little time.

I do hope that Colin is going to get his broom out and sweep the roads before we ride?

Are we riding crap bikes or best or very best? :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Velonutter wrote:

Very best for me, watch me fly :wink:
  • Velonutter
    Just had a look at Colins Map and the follow road option was off so have just replotted it and it can be downloaded from here: -

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=518899

Hope that helps.

Not going to make much odds to me as Garmin chose to corrupt my SD card of City Europe so will just be using just the basic maps and draughting Nap and Pokerface as they are bigger than me and it's their home patch :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:
  • napoleond
    Velonutter wrote:
    Right lads, Looks like it might just be me, Gizmondo's has offered me a lift, but I may just come straight up to save a little time.

I do hope that Colin is going to get his broom out and sweep the roads before we ride?

For me my crap bike is also my best one :(
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    I still haven't touched my bike since my 'hardcore training' began with that one ride a couple of weeks ago!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Just confirmed the rather excellent Jodrell Bank cafe is open on Monday should everyone want to stop for a coffee/cake etc. it's not far off the route so we can see what the consensus is as we near it on the day...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Velonutter
    Always up for a cafe stop, so I'm in :mrgreen:
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Really want to use the best bike but I do worry about the state of the roads currently with my Vittoria Evo CX tyres.

I suppose I could swap wheels and run the Ambrosio Excellights with Gator Hardshells - If I can be arsed to change the 9 speed cassette to the 10 speed off the AC's.

Hmmmm.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • If overweight incompetent cyclists are welcome I'm in, providing I can get out of bed, get bike in car and get to Macc for 1000.

If nothing else, I will make everybody else look good.
  • smidsy
    Welcome, they account for at least 50% of the attendees :-)

Ok well me at least.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Hmmm. Sounds like a classic downplaying of form to me.

Mine definitely wasn't - I really am fat and useless!
  • Velonutter
    Nobody is fat and useless, if you ride a bike then feel proud of yourselves.

I'm massively overweight and try not to give a second thought to what others think.

The fact your making the effort more than counts for anything.

See you there.

BTW you'll notice me I the old fat one ;-)
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Is that the same old fat one who has quoted average speeds of 23mph on other threads? Look forward to seeing the C59 if it is on duty.

I have done over 100 miles this week in preparation - all downhill in Portes du Soleil where it has dumped it down with snow this week!

Any of you E. Mids guys up for offering a lift (willing to share petrol costs) - I would like to ride back as well as I am down for a summer Ironman. :lol:
  • Velonutter
    nochekmate wrote:
    Is that the same old fat one who has quoted average speeds of 23mph on other threads? Look forward to seeing the C59 if it is on duty.

I have done over 100 miles this week in preparation - all downhill in Portes du Soleil where it has dumped it down with snow this week!

Any of you E. Mids guys up for offering a lift (willing to share petrol costs) - I would like to ride back as well as I am down for a summer Ironman. :lol:

Yep the same old fat one with a pair of C59's :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Doubt my speed is going to be anywhere near last years, as have spent the past three months fat burning at least 3 times a week, I feel like I have lost loads of speed, so I hope no one minds if we ride at my Zone 1/2 i.e. no more than 110bpm or 14 mph...lol :mrgreen: I might be able to kick it up to 15mph if we are going down some 30% hills

I might take a risk with my C59 Europcar as if it is sunny at least it will blind you with bling and hide my inabilities :roll: 8) :mrgreen:
  • napoleond
    smidsy wrote:
    Really want to use the best bike but I do worry about the state of the roads currently with my Vittoria Evo CX tyres.

I suppose I could swap wheels and run the Ambrosio Excellights with Gator Hardshells - If I can be arsed to change the 9 speed cassette to the 10 speed off the AC's.

Hmmmm.

I wouldn't be running the corsas...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • smidsy
    Indeed Nap, I agree. So wheel and cassette swap tomorrow it is.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    nochekmate wrote:
    I could but do not have a cycle carrier. Mine goes in the car.
    Yellow is the new Black.